Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Bits of it scared the sh1t out of my ten-year-old son. Showed him telly doesn't have to be in cartoon form to be any good.
Old 26-03-2005, 08:38 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have been looking forward to this for ages, not dissapointed, never a fan of the McCoy or C Baker Doctors but this looks well thought out in terms of sticking to the basics and keeping up to date with what kids expect out of their programming these days. Good pace to it, humour and story was engaging. Was also bit sad to hear there would be no cliff hangers but as said before guess that might not work these days.

My brother used to run a Dr Who magazine when he was at school with a mate, that mate is the guy writing the Dalek episode, Rob Shearman, (episdoe 5 I think) and apparently a guard dies heroically who shares my surname in homage to my brother, superb! Of course in the pub I'll claim it's dedicated to me
Old 26-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Always Crashing....

Springer is starting to shape upSpringer is starting to shape up
I enjoyed it too. Good family entertainment I thought. Nice to see something decent on BBC1 on a Saturday night.

Mind you, viewers in Scotland get to see the Italy game, the lucky swines.
Old 26-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
It was very good, almost fantastic.

Something to look forward to every week from now on.
Old 26-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thought it was really good. I was not a real Doctor Who Fan before, but I really think this was great and looking forward to next weeks episode.
Old 26-03-2005, 09:19 PM

Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent
I was very disappointed in two respects:

First - the risque nature of certain scenes. Billy's mother virtually tried to seduce him as he stood at hert bedroom door, and later, when Billy bursts into her boyfriend's flat and dashes to the computer (which just happened to be in the bedroom) the boyfriend says Typical - always rushing to get to the bedroom. This descent into smut must stop before it goes any further.

Second - the programme showed the current doctor looking exactly the same in 1860 and 1908, as he does now. Fair enough - he is a time lord. But it also showed him in a crowd scene when Kennedy was shot. Now - Kennedy was shot in November 1963. And in November 1963, as Kennedy was being shot with this new Doctor apparently in the crowd, the first series was being shown with the elderly white-haired William Hartnell as the Doctor. Are they trying to tell us that there were two Doctors at the same time in November 63?

I don't believe it
Old 26-03-2005, 09:20 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

I *really* didn't expect it to be that good! I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. Billie is a really good young actress and it's perfectly cast.
Old 26-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Great stuff
Old 26-03-2005, 09:22 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Malcontent

Second - the programme showed the current doctor looking exactly the same in 1860 and 1908, as he does now. Fair enough - he is a time lord. But it also showed him in a crowd scene when Kennedy was shot. Now - Kennedy was shot in November 1963. And in November 1963, as Kennedy was being shot with this new Doctor apparently in the crowd, the first series was being shown with the elderly white-haired William Hartnell as the Doctor. Are they trying to tell us that there were two Doctors at the same time in November 63?
Perfectly feasible. At which point in time was the Doctor present in the '63 episodes?
Old 26-03-2005, 09:23 PM
master of puppets

cpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weed
never seen dr who b4. thought it was quite good
Old 26-03-2005, 09:24 PM

eaglei_uk is playing for a contract
A very good (re)start, and from the clips I've seen of the rest of the series it looks like gets better and better every week!
Old 26-03-2005, 09:25 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I don't believe it
Um, because the T.A.R.D.I.S. can time travel?
Old 26-03-2005, 09:26 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
agree with RickyB, it's also been made clear that they don't want to confuse the younger ones watching for the first time, if you had shown a picture of Hartnell they would just have said 'who the f*ck is that?!'

As for the 'smut' think it's just a bit of humour surely

Besides Piper + Bedroom = Happy days!
Old 26-03-2005, 09:26 PM

Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent Big Malcontent
Quote:
Originally posted by RickyB
Perfectly feasible. At which point in time was the Doctor present in the '63 episodes?
That's a very good question. I had looked for an answer but could not find the precise date. However, I'm 98.152% certain that it was being shown in the Autumn of 63 - and that would cover November.
Old 26-03-2005, 09:29 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
That's a very good question. I had looked for an answer but could not find the precise date. However, I'm 98.152% certain that it was being shown in the Autumn of 63 - and that would cover November.
:-)

I mean, when the episode was shown in November 63 (or whenever), at what point in time was he at in the episode?
Old 26-03-2005, 09:30 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I really liked tonight, although I think it will get a lot better. Ecclestone is different, but that's not unwelcome.

Dunno if all of you have seen this, but the beeb recently did an animated Doctor Who adventure with Richard E Grant as the Doc. Personally I think that the role fits Grant like a glove.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 26-03-2005, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Random*
Um, because the T.A.R.D.I.S. can time travel?
Oh God give me strength

I do know that !!! But at any one time there can be only one Doctor (other than the very special circumstances surrounding the episode which featured four Doctors) and in November 1963 we already know that it was an elderly, well-spoken white-haired gentleman, not some northern oik.

And anyway - how about the smut ? Well ??
Old 26-03-2005, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RickyB
:-)

I mean, when the episode was shown in November 63 (or whenever), at what point in time was he at in the episode?
That's another very good question. A very interesting question.

Stupid, but interesting

Old 26-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Sorted out and slung out

La Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Liked it. Thought Christopher Eccleston gave it a modern feel with the same ol' Dr Who quirkiness. Not a bad start and bodes well for the remaining 12 episodes.

As for Ms Piper; aside from being a rather pleasure assistantto be travelling through space with, she proved a far more competent actress than most of us probably gave her credit for.

Good to have him back!
Old 26-03-2005, 09:34 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

I guess when time is involved then the truth can be stretched a heck of a lot