Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-03-2005, 09:38 PM

Q2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesQ2thaZ is putting on two-step shoes to lose the blues
This new Series has me hooked already - haven't been a fan in the past but the more mainstream approach suits my taste i'm afraid as i'm not a big Sci-Fi fan!!!!!!
Old 26-03-2005, 09:44 PM

Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten
Stopped watching Dr.Who when John Pertwee finished as the doctor but watched tonights programme and thought it was good.Will tune in next week
Old 26-03-2005, 09:48 PM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Sylvester McCoy's view of the new series : To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 26-03-2005, 09:50 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Malcontent
Oh God give me strength

I do know that !!! But at any one time there can be only one Doctor (other than the very special circumstances surrounding the episode which featured four Doctors) and in November 1963 we already know that it was an elderly, well-spoken white-haired gentleman, not some northern oik.

And anyway - how about the smut ? Well ??
Ecclestone's Doctor could have quite easily been at those events, following his recent regeneration. Just because Hartnell was the doctor in 1963, doesn't mean that Ecclestone cannot also travel back to the same period. One doctor doesn't "roam" one set time period.

To be perfectly honest, if the only criticisms of "Rose" you have, relate to these at best those pedantic points and also the "smut" content (this is the 21st century, contextually there will be differences to the old series) then I think that further strengthens the success of this first episode.
Old 26-03-2005, 09:51 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In answer to the question I believe Dr Who started on the day before Kennedy got assassinated, Nov 22nd 1963

If it's not then my brother is a liar!

Anyway, surely any Doctor can travel to 1963 so don't see the point?

Maybe in series 2 Mr Ecclestone will?
Old 26-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Never saw the old ones, but I thoroughly enjoyed that. What on earth are you on about with this 'smut', Mal? I was impressed by the fact it managed to feel quite current, and not bland, which is why it will succeed.
Old 26-03-2005, 09:59 PM
West Coast Eagle

Snorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bagSnorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bagSnorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bagSnorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bagSnorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bagSnorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bagSnorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bagSnorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bagSnorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bagSnorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bagSnorwood Eagle has got sunshine in a bag
Thought it was a good start! Looking forward to next week.
Old 26-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
I really enjoyed it too.
It was weird, dark, with the right amout of humour.
Nice 'nod' to the past by revamping the 'Autons' story.
Some good effects as well, and the inside of the TARDIS was fantastic.
A great start!

Last edited by celery stick; 26-03-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 26-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Excellent.

Dr Who terrified me in the 1960's when I was a boy and now it has just terrified my 8 year old son. His verdict - brilliant. We can't wait for next week's episode.
Old 26-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought, to my amazement, it was superb.

Really, really good. Eccleston and Piper were fantastic, it's as quirky as ever, the old magic has not bee lost and it looks like it's going to be a fantastic series. I was all ready to hate it, so I'm really pleased to be proved wrong.

BECCH10

(C) 2007. note to self - needs changing
Old 26-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Simon A
I don't care what any of you say, nothing will ever match the Daleks.

E-X-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E
Sorry, Cybermen for me followed by those sea creatures that seemed to be made out of seaweed ..... sorry, showing my age.
Old 26-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Always Crashing....

Springer is starting to shape upSpringer is starting to shape up
Quote:
Originally posted by Finbar
In answer to the question I believe Dr Who started on the day before Kennedy got assassinated, Nov 22nd 1963

If it's not then my brother is a liar!

No, he's correct - they mentioned it on the documentary shown on BBC2 last Saturday.

Which reminds me, the women who played Peter Davison's assistant (Peri?) was sweet in 1984 and is still sweet now!
Old 26-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I watched it last week - was v impressed, really liked it.
Old 26-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
recorded it but not watched it yet

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 26-03-2005, 10:41 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Springer
Which reminds me, the women who played Peter Davison's assistant (Peri?) was sweet in 1984 and is still sweet now!
Mmmm .. Peri...

Old 26-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Sorted out and slung out

La Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Excellent.

Dr Who terrified me in the 1960's when I was a boy and now it has just terrified my 8 year old son. His verdict - brilliant. We can't wait for next week's episode.
And that's the great appeal of Dr Who. Shame on the Beeb for ever losing faith with it.
Old 27-03-2005, 01:02 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It definately needed the break though, La Bomb.

The episode was fun, looked lush, overall I liked it. Although I'm more happy that so many people liked it, esp. non-fans.

Thought Eccelston was a bit too jokey, but I guess he'll settle. Such was the rush to get the story done and dusted in 45 minutes, there was no time to build any real suspense. Small points from a picky fanboy.
Old 27-03-2005, 01:07 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Finbar
Actually started a day later on 23rd, transmission was delayed due to an extended news broadcast and the first episode was repeated the following saturday, before episode 2, as it was felt much of the impact was lost due to the shock surrounding Kennedy's death.
Old 27-03-2005, 01:20 AM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
It definately needed the break though, La Bomb.

The episode was fun, looked lush, overall I liked it. Although I'm more happy that so many people liked it, esp. non-fans.

Thought Eccelston was a bit too jokey, but I guess he'll settle. Such was the rush to get the story done and dusted in 45 minutes, there was no time to build any real suspense. Small points from a picky fanboy.
I agree with you, it's very encouraging to see that so many non fans have taken to it. I also agree with you about the rush that took place in "Rose"; This episode was always going to be a tricky one, as any plot was always going to be secondary to the main agenda, which was to establish the characters of the Doctor and Rose. I felt a tad disapointed that a very scary monster in the Autons were used as background to highlight this, but that is a minor complaint. I think that this should be regarded as a one off, and we should consider next week's episode as the proper start of the series. It will be much better paced, as it won't have to do as much as "Rose" did.

You say that you're being a picky fan, but it's nothing like some of the nitpicking going on outpost gallifrey (the main Dr Who BBS). There are some extremely grumpy old gits out there.
Old 27-03-2005, 03:00 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
Sophie 'Ace' Aldred provides some happy memories but I think she let herself slide shortly after.

[IMG]http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/S=2114717014/K=Sophie+Aldred+ace/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=Aj7FxXmDiAY2z06ZFoYavNZWBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTA4ND gyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12868ur2k/EXP=1111978692/*-http%3A//www.timelord.co.uk/features/pictures/5ace.jpg[/IMG]