Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Malcontent
I was very disappointed in two respects:

First - the risque nature of certain scenes. Billy's mother virtually tried to seduce him as he stood at hert bedroom door, and later, when Billy bursts into her boyfriend's flat and dashes to the computer (which just happened to be in the bedroom) the boyfriend says Typical - always rushing to get to the bedroom. This descent into smut must stop before it goes any further.

Second - the programme showed the current doctor looking exactly the same in 1860 and 1908, as he does now. Fair enough - he is a time lord. But it also showed him in a crowd scene when Kennedy was shot. Now - Kennedy was shot in November 1963. And in November 1963, as Kennedy was being shot with this new Doctor apparently in the crowd, the first series was being shown with the elderly white-haired William Hartnell as the Doctor. Are they trying to tell us that there were two Doctors at the same time in November 63?

I don't believe it
Given that we've had The Three Doctors with three of them on screeen together PLUS The Five Doctors on screen together it's perfectly feasible that two can be on Earth at the same time.

Shame the fat bloke got killed - who's going to maintain his records of the Doctor now?

Serves him right for not letting the chap have the pen in teh nationwide adverts!!!
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 27-03-2005, 06:17 AM

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wanted to go on the London Eye when I visit London this week. THink I'll give it a miss now!!!
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 27-03-2005, 07:24 AM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
You say that you're being a picky fan, but it's nothing like some of the nitpicking going on outpost gallifrey (the main Dr Who BBS). There are some extremely grumpy old gits out there.
There always are in DW fandom. Russell T. Davies made a great comment a week ago that some of the long-term fans would hate it but that would mean they'd only watch it twenty times instead of thirty. Then they'd go off to their rooms and masturbate
Old 27-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Diamond Geezer

palace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
was anyone tottally shocked by Billie Pipers acting skills? i thought she was brilliant!
Old 27-03-2005, 12:55 PM

christopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Thought it was an excellent opener, very strong and I have no doubt that it will maintain a high standard. Also very glad that so many non-fans enjoyed it.

I wonder if the BBC will start releasing records of sound effects again
Old 27-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great stuff - wasn't going to watch it but at the last moment decided I couldn't be arsed going out so stayed in and watched Dr Who.. Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the next episode.

It was so much better than last time around but a lot of that has to be to do with the way special effects have developed over the years.

Do I take it that it is going to be a different story every week rather then one long story as in the old days?
Old 27-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw Billy Piper in some thing were she was a kid in a foster home about a year ago, and she was pretty good, so I wasn't so suprised. Agree that she was excellent though.
Old 27-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
One or two Dr Who avatars appearing!
Old 27-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
. Such was the rush to get the story done and dusted in 45 minutes, there was no time to build any real suspense. Small points from a picky fanboy.
This was also my only gripe, really,

Although I did miss the cliffhangers that drove me mad every week as a kid

I think the next episode will seem better paced now all the introductions are out of the way

Overall, though, I really enjoyed it and had a smile on my face when the credits rolled
Old 27-03-2005, 07:40 PM

giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast giovannipollast
Calm down. It just kids Tv with a big budget. Ok but should get better as the series moves on. All thees peope w**king over it. Kinda sad.

For enjoying the extasy of a win or helping to cope with the sorrow of a loss.
Old 27-03-2005, 08:27 PM
chineese terrorist ducter

tricksy pixie is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Scifo
Sophie 'Ace' Aldred provides some happy memories but I think she let herself slide shortly after.

[IMG]http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/S=2114717014/K=Sophie+Aldred+ace/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=Aj7FxXmDiAY2z06ZFoYavNZWBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTA4ND gyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12868ur2k/EXP=1111978692/*-http%3A//www.timelord.co.uk/features/pictures/5ace.jpg[/IMG]
Ace did have a certain appeal but for me, it was this one. I must have been, what, nine? Formative years indeed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tamm04.jpg (12.2 KB, 55 views)
"When I was young, the circus was the best show you could imagine. Then it was the Playstation," wrote Iñaki Diaz-Guerra in AS, "now it's Atlético Madrid. They have everything: clowns, jugglers and the big surprise at the end."
Old 27-03-2005, 10:38 PM

Peri for me every time!
Old 27-03-2005, 10:59 PM

Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten
Quote:
Originally posted by mik59
Sorry, Cybermen for me followed by those sea creatures that seemed to be made out of seaweed ..... sorry, showing my age.
The sea devils
Old 27-03-2005, 11:04 PM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Quote:
Originally posted by Gavin Axten
The sea devils
Sounds more like the seaweed creature in 'Fury from the Deep'. The Doctor's triumph in that proving he's a Palace fan

Surely it's time for the Palace Echo site to resurrect its Doctor Who piece?
Old 27-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
The Sea Devils on Holiday in Margate.

Last edited by celery stick; 28-03-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Old 28-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Soup is good food.

Quote:
Originally posted by Men At Work
Sounds more like the seaweed creature in 'Fury from the Deep'. The Doctor's triumph in that proving he's a Palace fan
Old 28-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Humble

DeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by celery stick
The Sea Devils on Holiday in Margate.

Brighton FC after the 5th goal went in, wondering bemused and confused looking for the goal.

Last edited by DeadPanX; 28-03-2005 at 12:36 AM.
Old 28-03-2005, 08:14 AM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Peri for me every time!
Oh my God I so can't believe you said that ...

... you meant Leela, right?
Old 28-03-2005, 08:45 AM

Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268
I was a fan of Dr Who from William Hartnell (the most scary period for me, we were innocent and unsophisticated in those days) to Tom Baker. Couldn't stand it after that. They seemed so silly. Sylvester McCoy put the tin lid on it for me. So stupid.

However, I watched it on Sunday evening (I like Ant and Dec's show on Saturday) and was pleasantly surprised. Ecclestone and Piper look very good and played it with tongues firmly placed in cheeks. I think people liked it more because it was set in modern London. Time will tell if that's the case when they visit other worlds.

The first episode was by way of introduction and had to be fast paced to hook a new audience. I think it succeeded if my 16 year old son thought it was "ok" (high praise indeed!). Having said that, I think they will have to do a little better than mannequins coming to life if they are to retain an audience de-sensitised by Playstation games etc. Young people like their thrills realistic and immediate these days.
Old 28-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Excellent.

Dr Who terrified me in the 1960's when I was a boy
Come off it James, you're the same age as me. We were 12 when Dr Who started in November 1963 and 13 just 5 months later. Far too old to have been scared!