Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Always Crashing....

Springer is starting to shape upSpringer is starting to shape up
Quote:
Originally posted by christopher

I wonder if the BBC will start releasing records of sound effects again
I've got a CD of Sound Effects from the 70s - it was bought out of interest in electronic music rather than Doctor Who - it's class!
Old 28-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Scarfer army

GeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeeTee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by giovannipollast
Calm down. It just kids Tv with a big budget. Ok but should get better as the series moves on. All thees peope w**king over it. Kinda sad.
I feel sorry for people who want to do things down all the time and mock others for their enjoyment. You must lead a miserable life.
Old 28-03-2005, 02:44 PM

Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268
Quote:
Originally posted by gcwhite
Come off it James, you're the same age as me. We were 12 when Dr Who started in November 1963 and 13 just 5 months later. Far too old to have been scared!
I was ten and I was scared s hitless. Remember, the world was a much more innocent place for kids then.
Old 28-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Shame the fat bloke got killed - who's going to maintain his records of the Doctor now?
Neil ?
Old 28-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by Springer
I've got a CD of Sound Effects from the 70s - it was bought out of interest in electronic music rather than Doctor Who - it's class!
I have a sci-fi sound effect CD, which like you, I bought out of interest in electronic music.
It has the TARDIS arrival and departure on it.
As far as I can make out from Saturday's episode, the Beeb are using exactly the same effect.

(CD also has several effects used by The Orb)
Old 28-03-2005, 10:02 PM

eaglei_uk is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by giovannipollast
Calm down. It just kids Tv with a big budget. Ok but should get better as the series moves on. All thees peope w**king over it. Kinda sad.
Kinda sad you had to post negative comments about something you don't care about.
Old 29-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
It was great fun, really good to see it on tv, kinda like an old friend. Like others of said it was very rushed, might have been better suited to a 1hr format. I wonder if there's gonna be any 2 parters later in the series? That will give us our traditional cliffhanger endings!
Old 29-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Always Crashing....

Springer is starting to shape upSpringer is starting to shape up
Quote:
Originally posted by gold76
It was great fun, really good to see it on tv, kinda like an old friend. Like others of said it was very rushed, might have been better suited to a 1hr format. I wonder if there's gonna be any 2 parters later in the series? That will give us our traditional cliffhanger endings!
I agree it was rushed, but then I suppose they had to allow time for character development.

There are a couple of two parters in the series I believe.
Old 29-03-2005, 12:59 PM

Rock belongs to OllieRock belongs to OllieRock belongs to OllieRock belongs to OllieRock belongs to OllieRock belongs to OllieRock belongs to OllieRock belongs to OllieRock belongs to OllieRock belongs to OllieRock belongs to Ollie
Sorry but I thought that it was a steaming pile of w@nk. I won't be watching any future episodes.

I bet the makers are gutted.
Old 29-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Tired and Emotional

Smurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I was somewhat disappointed but I think it will pick up once they get away from present day Earth and into the future/past/alien.

Ecclestone's Dr Who is suitably eccentric, but needs to do a bit more of the fighting himself. There were some good lines, but the the comedy mugging and breathless pace were to the detriment of any tension. The "Living Plastic" was comical rather than sinister. The real test will be when the the Doctor comes across some old foes. Davies is a good writer but maybe not of sci-fi?
Old 29-03-2005, 01:21 PM
He's a bit of alright....

Florence is someone we follow, we follow, we followFlorence is someone we follow, we follow, we followFlorence is someone we follow, we follow, we followFlorence is someone we follow, we follow, we followFlorence is someone we follow, we follow, we followFlorence is someone we follow, we follow, we followFlorence is someone we follow, we follow, we followFlorence is someone we follow, we follow, we followFlorence is someone we follow, we follow, we followFlorence is someone we follow, we follow, we followFlorence is someone we follow, we follow, we follow
I thought it was great. My six year old nephew was mesmerised! First time round I was scared stiff of the Cybermen and Sea Devils and I didn't like the mannekins (sp?) either - I always think they watch you in department stores as you go by.............
Old 29-03-2005, 01:23 PM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bag
Old 29-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Raver

out vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Random*
Um, because the T.A.R.D.I.S. can time travel?
my guess would be that when the doctors have their new incarnations, their appearance in history is similarly updated to reflect the new incarnation... make sense?
Old 29-03-2005, 04:02 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

yah. although it takes a crazy mind to think this :-)
Old 29-03-2005, 04:09 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
oops wrong thread

Werner Herzog
Old 29-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
I liked it. However, I reckon it'd be best as a serial - with cliffhangers in the middle. Maybe the one-off basis is a sad reflection on the youth of today's attention span.
Old 29-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by celery stick
The Sea Devils on Holiday in Margate.

The sea devils should sue slip knot sharpish.

I haven't seen it yet, but will look out for a repeat after the reviews here. Not surprised Billie Piper was good. She was in an episode of Canterbury Tales with James Nesbitt a while ago and she was very good then.
Old 30-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Good news

The BBC has commissioned a second series of the new Doctor Who after the debut episode proved a ratings success on Saturday night.

The BBC has confirmed a second 13-part series as well as a Christmas special. Writer Russell T Davies said: "It's fantastic news. It's been a tense and jittery time because the production team has been working on plans."

Full story here To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-03-2005, 05:58 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 30-03-2005, 06:02 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Fantastic news, here's hoping that Eccles will commit to the second series though, would be bad to see a regeneration too soon.

I hear that if he decides not to continue, David Tennent (from Cassanova) is being lined up as the next Doctor.