Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-03-2005, 10:13 PM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Quote:
Originally posted by Springer
I've got a CD of Sound Effects from the 70s - it was bought out of interest in electronic music rather than Doctor Who - it's class!
You can find an article To view the link you have to Register or Login on the creation of the theme. How Delia Derbyshire put it together that music is astonishing.
Old 30-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Jack Bauer

Highbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
According to the BBC website Christopher Ecclestone has quit after only 1 series Shame as i thought he settled in well.
Old 30-03-2005, 11:12 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Highbury Eagle
According to the BBC website Christopher Ecclestone has quit after only 1 series Shame as i thought he settled in well.
Yep, tis apparenty true. Gutted to hear this

I heard rumours beforehand that David Tennant is being lined up and this of course adds a can full of petrol to the fire.

A real, genuine shame as Eccles is superb as the Doctor. I can't help thinking that he has let everyone associated with the show down over this though. He approached Russel T. Davies to play Dr Who and has let him down, big style.

Still, the show is bigger than one man and will continue regardless.
Old 30-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Jack Bauer

Highbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Link here... To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-03-2005, 11:27 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Yep, that's as official as you're going to get
Old 30-03-2005, 11:34 PM
King of Hats

Croydon Exile has found the source of gravityCroydon Exile has found the source of gravityCroydon Exile has found the source of gravityCroydon Exile has found the source of gravityCroydon Exile has found the source of gravityCroydon Exile has found the source of gravityCroydon Exile has found the source of gravityCroydon Exile has found the source of gravityCroydon Exile has found the source of gravityCroydon Exile has found the source of gravityCroydon Exile has found the source of gravity
I have to say, I never ever watched it as a kid, but watched this episode. I was just a bit confused for a lot of it, being surprised at its light-heartedness. I was a bit muddled by it but we'll see. Pilots are always ropey.

Not convinced yet.

p.s. the ***terrrible*** photoshopping involved in sticking the Doctor's head into that photo staggered me. They need Les Butler's help.
Old 31-03-2005, 12:55 AM
Anonymous Coward

Bill Nighy (palace fan) was my choice for the Dr,lets hope they cast him this time..
can't believe CE walking after just one episode transmitted to good ratings and the same day a second series is given the green light..

what a bugger!

(unless,it was all a ploy to get DW back on TV again..???)
Old 31-03-2005, 06:12 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Highbury Eagle

Not really a Dr Who fan so cannot comment on how good Ecclestone was in the role but I have heard he is a bit of Prick as an individual and prone to pull this sort of stunt.
Old 31-03-2005, 10:38 AM

christopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
'Tis a bit of a bugger if he leaves, no one likes an early regeneration. But many of us thought it would never return in the first place. As long as it continues I'm happy.
Old 31-03-2005, 10:48 AM

Ben H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
CE was the 9th doctor so technically he should be the last one ever.
Old 31-03-2005, 05:29 PM

christopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Why? Twelve regenerations.
Old 31-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Unoffical Palace Druid

Andy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndy Newton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The twelve regenerations and hence 13 doctors is correct, however its worth remembering that the doctors long term foe the master went through at least 15 by 'stealing' other peoples (time lords?) bodies, i'll leave more acurate info to the real fans.
Old 31-03-2005, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Newton
the master went through at least 15 by 'stealing' other peoples (time lords?) bodies,
Yeah he did but he was evil

Oh and they didn't have to be Time Lords, a la the Keeper Of Traken.
Old 31-03-2005, 07:19 PM

Ben H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by christopher
Why? Twelve regenerations.
If I remember rightly, the Doctor can only have 9 incarnations before he dies for good.
Old 31-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben H
If I remember rightly, the Doctor can only have 9 incarnations before he dies for good.
nope, it's 12.

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.
Old 31-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Grateful To Paul Hart

Kevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandKevan Woz Awful is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben H
That's what I thought too. I'm sure that's what the 'William Hartnell' Dr said.

Why on earth didn't the BBC include a clause in the contract for the part to include a requirement for future series if the new prog was successful?

****Blessed are the cracked: For it is they who let in the light*****

****"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to shit his pants" - Enzo Ferrari*****
Old 31-03-2005, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Mabbutt
nope, it's 12.
Yep. I believe it was in the Deadly Assasin. The Master has used his 12 up and wants more.
Old 31-03-2005, 09:14 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hmm. Long shot but I'd like to see Richard E Grant do a series, I thought he was excellent in the internet adventure 'Scream of the Schalke'.

Some people have already linked Alan Davies to it though. Please no.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Anonymous Coward

please no!! only ever good in Withnail & I IMHO, those Argos ads were the pits!!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:17 AM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Mabbutt
nope, it's 12.
Nope, it's thirteen incarnations from twelve regenerations. However, this can be avoided by the simple application of a necessary plot device.