Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-04-2005, 02:24 PM

DrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happy
Cannot believe Ecclestone is giving it up after just one series because he doesn't want to "become typecast" ... what a pompous individual he must be!
Not that much of an expert to remember how many re-generations there could be, but I've always thought that Michael Gambon would have made a good Dr Who.
They should cut down the 'funny' stuff though; IMHO it only works well when done seriously ie. Patrick Troughton.
Now where's that site featuring a nude Katy Manning fondling a Dalek ...
Old 05-04-2005, 12:20 AM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
I was extremely disapointed about the Eccleston news and was slightly dispondant about episode two, but what a bloody fantastic episode it was.

I think that it will set an extremely high standard for the rest f the series. It was a fundamental improvement on "Rose" and it contained so many of the ingredients that made the old series great.

I also found it extremely poigniant in places; Roses' phone call o her mum was touching, as was the Doctor's revelation about Gallifrey.

All in all, fantastic stuff.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:38 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally I felt episode 2 was quite weak. Overall the plot was thinner than the villian.

The sonic screwdriver is being woefully over-used at the moment - it'll quickly get boring if the Doctor has a gizmo in his pocket to solve every problem: anti-plastic, slightly psychic paper, mobile phone thingy...

It boils down to problem of single 45 minute episodes, they can't afford to dwell on any problem for too long - the Doctor must simply solve it there and then. At the moment its just James Bond in space - a rollercoaster ride of action, but not really true to previous Doctor Who. I'm looking forward to see how they handle episodes 4 & 5 which is a two parter and therefore should give us some breathing space.

As for having to pump up the Tardis... oh dear.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by DrRock
Cannot believe Ecclestone is giving it up after just one series because he doesn't want to "become typecast" ... what a pompous individual he must be!
LONDON - The BBC has been forced into issuing an embarrassing apology to 'Doctor Who' star Christopher Eccleston, after admitting the corporation failed to consult the actor before revealing he was to quit at the end of the current series.

The BBC also admitted that in a statement issued last week it falsely attributed comments to Eccleston, in which he "hoped viewers continued to enjoy the series".

Jane Tranter, BBC controller of drama commissioning, said: "The BBC regrets not speaking to Christopher before it responded to the press questions on Wednesday March 30. The BBC further regrets that it falsely attributed a statement to Christopher and apologises to him."

Rather than the shock exit, as Eccleston's departure has been portrayed, Tranter admitted the the BBC had known he was going for months.

She said that the BBC knew as far back as January that Eccleston intended to quit and made an agreement that any announcement would be "done jointly".

She also backtracked on press statements that Eccleston was quitting for fear of being typecast or because of the gruelling schedule.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 05-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle

As for having to pump up the Tardis... oh dear.
I agree, what's that all about eh?

Episode 3 is supposed to be good though.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
after being bigged up on here I watched the 2nd eposiode. It was rubbish and the tension was non existent. The new doctor is a big gurner and annoying, maybe Phil Cool should be the next one ?

Alan Davies or Richard E Grant are both good shouts, but will need better material than this.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:53 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And to think I get slaughtered for liking Harry Potter.

I've watched both episodes, and have not been impressed at all. Sorry.

I think it's key for The Doctor to be a charismatic individual, and this bloke just isn't. Despite being the only survivor from his planet which was blown-up untimely, I just don't care about him.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Second episode was ok, but it went from being quite modern and cool in the first episode to being very blatantly a kid's show with all the lazy plot devices that entails.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Preferred the 1st episode to the 2nd - it just seemed a bit of a mess to be honest.

The blue aliens looked pretty ropey as well; I was expecting Gene Wilder to turn up at one point.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
The second one did have shades of Milliways from Hitchiker's which detracted a bit from it. It was also clear that trying to fit a decent story into 45 minutes is asking a lot - hopefully not too much. A proper serial across a number of episodes does enable better character development and build up plot tension. Hopefully this will come across in the two-parter, and be a lesson learned for the next series. Personally I like the longer episodes, but a story should be across a minimum of three.

Having said that, I did still enjoy the second programme. Plus I've now got a better mental image of what Billie Piper looks like when she comes.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:40 AM

christopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Missed it. Had to go to a wedding and forgot to change the clock on my video last Saturday .

Anyone lend me a copy?
Old 05-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Boyandy

The blue aliens looked pretty ropey as well; I was expecting Gene Wilder to turn up at one point.
They reminded me of the Joker in the 60's Batman TV series.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:48 AM
What now?!!

toucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
45 min episodes to do a beginning, middle and end is too much to ask. Looking forward to the first multi-episode plot as it will give them room to expand.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:48 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by DrRock

Now where's that site featuring a nude Katy Manning fondling a Dalek ...

This what you're looking for?

Old 05-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I'm still enjoying the series, looking forward to the 2 part episode as it wont be so rushed!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Has anyone else noticed how major national events keep getting postponed/moved since the first episode was broadcast?

The Royal Wedding, The announcment of the Election date, The Grand National.
There's more to the return of the Dr than meets the eye.
There's certainly some sort of time slippage going on.

Last edited by celery stick; 05-04-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:20 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Stellavista
This what you're looking for?

mmm.. naked girl with Dalek porn... nice.

Not sure about tonights episode, but then, it is written by Mark Gatiss.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:21 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by celery stick
Has anyone else noticed how major national events keep getting postponed/moved since the first episode was broadcast?

The Royal Wedding, The announcment of the Election date, The Grand National.
There's more to the return of the Dr than meets the eye.
There's certainly some sort of time slippage going on.
Yup, Doctor Who is at work.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:22 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

in fact, I feel that this episode is quite pathetic IMHO.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:44 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Not too impressed with that episode I'm afraid. Roll on next week.