Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 16-03-2021, 03:57 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Gonzo said that yes, although it can't be all that simple or likely otherwise we'd have heard about several players already doing it.
I remember asking this question of a lawyer familiar with these arrangements (I.e. why is Webster not used more). The answer was apparently image rights.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-03-2021, 04:27 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Wilf and Palace are like a married couple that canít afford to get divorced
Thanks for rubbing that in!
Old 16-03-2021, 05:53 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Sticking with my theory nobody will pay the money we want, heíll be here until end of his career, abs we will give him another contract extension.
Old 17-03-2021, 09:19 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Sticking with my theory nobody will pay the money we want, heíll be here until end of his career, abs we will give him another contract extension.
Why would he sign a contract extension if he wants to leave? That doesnít make sense! He will only sign an extension if in 2 seasons time we are putting the best offer on the table. I will be surprised if there are not bigger clubs who want him on a free transfer. It then wonít be about the money we want, it will be about what level Zaha wants to play at. He WILL get his move eventually.
Old 17-03-2021, 10:48 AM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Scouting is still allowed to be carried out. I know of some being done for e.g. L2 clubs in person; though more recently it's being done on videos of a game, with reports being written about how a particular team plays.
Indeed, my son is training in football scouting/analytics and is working (unpaid at present) for an Icelandic team and Danish 2nd division side. He is able to watch matches worldwide through certain websites. Not ideal but what is at the moment
Old 17-03-2021, 10:51 AM

Selhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Zaha will probably eventually go, and fair enough he wants to win trophies. The best option if he goes I think would be an AC Milan / PSG with a buy back clause with us as first option if they decide to sell in the future.
Old 17-03-2021, 11:45 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
This is his last chance for a move, I’m worried covid will price him out of a move.
Then we go full circle if he downs tools etc.
I’m really split on if he will go, however I’m sure it won’t be to Italy.
Old 17-03-2021, 12:01 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
This is his last chance for a move, Iím worried covid will price him out of a move.
Iím really split on if he will go, however Iím sure it wonít be to Italy.
I would say this was a good time to move him on if it wasn't for the fact we already need to fill so many places in the squad and need to integrate so many new players.

As things stand neither Ferguson or Mateta have really integrated yet, for different reasons. So that's already 2 new players we are going to be trying to bed in.

Then on top of that we surely need to sign and introduce a new centre back.

Highly likely a new left back to replace PVA.

We must have at least one new central midfielder who needs to fit in and adjust.

Ditto at least one winger. But if Townsend leaves then 2.

Potentially may have to replace Benteke/Batshuayi. Possibly could get away with 1 striker replacing those 2.

The prospect of doing all that successfully is already quite daunting.

I understand that the funds from selling Wilf would help the process of signing new players but trying to do all that AND replace him all in one window is frankly a football disaster in the making. It just seems like far too much to do in such a short time frame.

Not selling Wilf obviously means we miss out on the money we could use for the rebuild, as his value will continue to decrease but it would buy us time to make the rebuild take place which may not be the worst use of 30/35m or whatever we might get after the wankers get their slice.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 17-03-2021 at 12:05 PM.
Old 17-03-2021, 03:07 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Wilf and Palace are like a married couple that canít afford to get divorced
Old 17-03-2021, 03:08 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is his last chance for a move, Iím worried covid will price him out of a move.
Chill out Stav, he is stuck with us and will have to get over it

100 grand plus softens the blow

When I hear him described as a slave, I think well things have definitely improved a lot since the early days of slavery
Old 17-03-2021, 03:12 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
The facts support that we have lost something like 90% of the games Wilf has missed will hopeful increase his value if he does move on. The real reason for those stats is that since Murray left we haven't had a good reliable goal scorer except Wilf.
Old 17-03-2021, 08:28 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Gonzo said that yes, although it can't be all that simple or likely otherwise we'd have heard about several players already doing it.
If that was a realistic possibility surely Mahrez would have done that at Leicester
Old 17-03-2021, 09:29 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PemboExpress View Post
I cannot recall if I read it rightly in one of the previous 55 Zaha transfer window threads, but is he able to buy himself out of his contract once he has 2 years or less left ?

He would probably need the assistance of an acquiring club but just a nagging doubt in my head.
Under the rules he can. However I doubt he is able to have an acquiring club as that would mean he has been tapped up. Not sure how they decide on the value either. Think he would need to say he is doing it, a tribunal of sorts would set the amount he would have to pay us to do it and then he would be a free agent and able to talk to clubs.

I think it would be a very high risk strategy (and potentially very expensive) which is why we don't see players doing it, but it is possible.
Old 18-03-2021, 02:21 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iím really split on if he will go, however Iím sure it wonít be to Italy.
Wash your mouth out, Zaha isn't going to down tools! He loves Palace. He wants to move though, so if he doesn't get his move he will try again next year, and if not he can walk for free the year after. There's no 'last chance' for a move, he will move at some point IMHO.
Old 18-03-2021, 02:55 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Has he gone/going to play with Ivory Coast during this down time?

I see they have African Cup of Nations games on the 26th and 30th.
Old 18-03-2021, 03:11 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Wash your mouth out, Zaha isn't going to down tools! He loves Palace. He wants to move though, so if he doesn't get his move he will try again next year, and if not he can walk for free the year after. There's no 'last chance' for a move, he will move at some point IMHO.
You of all people saying this

I think he may stay here for his whole career provided we don't go down
Old 18-03-2021, 03:15 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
You just don't get how it works do you.
Old 18-03-2021, 05:06 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why would he sign a contract extension if he wants to leave? That doesn’t make sense! He will only sign an extension if in 2 seasons time we are putting the best offer on the table. I will be surprised if there are not bigger clubs who want him on a free transfer. It then won’t be about the money we want, it will be about what level Zaha wants to play at. He WILL get his move eventually.
You are almost certainly right, IMHO, and that is why our failure to do enough to get us away from our perennial dependency on him is our biggest failing as a club, essentially as subset of our biggest failing -which is to have done nothing to evolve our play.

The problem coming our way is if Zaha remains the majority of our offensive potency year upon year but naturally declines in value towards zero, then the odds we will be facing a Zaha-sized hole in our squad -but with chump change to address it -approaches a certainty. That spells probable relegation. This was why it always seemed such an obvious imperative to prepare for Zaha's departure well in advance and we have done far too little, especially given the yearly speculation that Zaha wants out. Quite how the club continues to drive towards a cliff edge without showing any real sign of turning the wheel remains a mystery.

And we all know that the odds we will buy quality midfielders or a quality winger is far less than spunking any real money we have on yet another striker who we then won't service anyway. I continue to believe we will be relegated before we invest seriously in the above problem, even if it takes us a decade. We seem determined to continue being on a knife edge when it comes to our Zaha dependency until it finally sinks us. Yep, there's the usual talk about playmakers we are interested in this summer but only a fool would believe it anymore.
Old 18-03-2021, 06:04 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
You are almost certainly right, IMHO, and that is why our failure to do enough to get us away from our perennial dependency on him is our biggest failing as a club
Spurs - Kane
Wolves - Jiminez
Southampton - Ings
Liverpool - Van Dyke

Wolves have gone from a club expecting to make the top ten, possibly squeak a European place to bottom half. If Southampton hadn't had Ings at all this season they would probably be in deep deep shit, as it is they are only just above it. Take Kane away from Spurs kiss goodbye to any top 4 chance, losing Van Dyke has been catastrophic for Liverpool.

The point here is that though levels of expectation vary for the clubs mentioned, people bang on and on as though Palace as a club have failed terribly when so many others have similar problems, including those that have transfer budgets that dwarf ours.
Old 18-03-2021, 10:57 PM

Quote:
You just don't get how it works do you.
No, I obviously donít. Thanks for clarifying it.