Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-06-2019, 12:52 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seen the Bromley Boys (Via Netflix) and Rocket Man at the Pictures this week.

Bromley Boys was a bit of a Meh... Expected much better. Whereas Rocket Man exceeded my expectations by quite a degree. Nice warm up for his gig here at Hanging Rock in January which my Daughter has bought us tickets for.

Not a big fan of Elton, last saw him at the Garden Party in 1971.... The Movie enthused me though I must say. Only criticism was out of sequence timelines with the musical score and what I felt could be taking ownership of Pinball Wizard.

Other than that if I see a movie better than it this year, then it's going to have to be damn good.
Old 16-06-2019, 01:11 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
Seen the Bromley Boys (Via Netflix) and Rocket Man at the Pictures this week.

Bromley Boys was a bit of a Meh... Expected much better. Whereas Rocket Man exceeded my expectations by quite a degree. Nice warm up for his gig here at Hanging Rock in January which my Daughter has bought us tickets for.

Not a big fan of Elton, last saw him at the Garden Party in 1971.... The Movie enthused me though I must say. Only criticism was out of sequence timelines with the musical score and what I felt could be taking ownership of Pinball Wizard.

Other than that if I see a movie better than it this year, then it's going to have to be damn good.

The out of sequence timelines are deliberate, thatís the fantasy element.
Old 16-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
The out of sequence timelines are deliberate, thatís the fantasy element.
I know but it slightly irked me. Just personally would have preferred if the director/producer could have used a bit more imagination and done it in sequence, with the fantasy line.

So instead of 10/10 I'd give it a 9...
Old 16-06-2019, 03:55 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Running Man. Arnie. Moneys on the a crap remake in the next few years
Old 16-06-2019, 07:39 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I watched 20 minutes of Dumbo.....that was enough.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 16-06-2019, 08:11 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post
One of my favourite movies.

I always wondered if Hunger Games creator took any inspiration from this movie
Old 16-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
One of my favourite movies.
I love that movie, one of Arnie's best
Old 16-06-2019, 09:57 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post
Completely reverses the politics of the original book, written by Stephen King
Old 17-06-2019, 11:23 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Blackkklansman 8/10 good film bit of a thought provoking ending. I think they got the balance right.

Equaliser 2 enjoyed the first one but this just seemed to be a money spinner withought much thought. All very predictable. 5/10
Saw this yesterday. I thought it was really well made and really enjoyable. Great fun despite being such a serious subject. Very clever. Best thing I've seen in a while (since Deadpool 2 )
Old 17-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Which one

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 17-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Keeping the peace

Goldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
MIB International at the weekend in IMAX.

Had its moments of humour but was too formulaic, wooden. Even for a MIB film some of the story was far-fetched. Short cuts taken and a weak ending. Stand out moments came from a CGI character. Saw MIB 3 yesterday and realised how luke warm the new one is. 5/10
Old 17-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Now that it's on Netlix, I finally got round to seeing Baby Driver.

I thought it was great. Fantastic soundtrack, tons of action and a lot of humour. Good cast too. Directed by Edgar Wright of Cornetto Trilogy fame.
Finally saw this at the weekend, great film and awesome soundtrack too . 8/10

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 17-06-2019, 12:59 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
....Not a big fan of Elton, last saw him at the Garden Party in 1971.... The Movie enthused me though I must say. Only criticism was out of sequence timelines with the musical score and what I felt could be taking ownership of Pinball Wizard.

I see your rather great Rocket Man and raise you Booksmart. Limited release ,and I watched it with my daughter, which I think made the connection with the film all the better. A fantastic watch.

Anyone seeing the Diego film?
Old 17-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Which one
Ha! Blackkklansman
Old 17-06-2019, 06:33 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
I see your rather great Rocket Man and raise you Booksmart. Limited release ,and I watched it with my daughter, which I think made the connection with the film all the better. A fantastic watch.

Anyone seeing the Diego film?
I am booked in to see Diego Maradona in Peterborough tomorrow evening, dragging my reluctant family along with me.

I shall report back on findings.
Old 17-06-2019, 09:26 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Ha! Blackkklansman
Agree - saw it last night - great combination of affectionate homage to Blacksploitation films and hard-hitting political commentary. Iíve always like Spike Lee films and I reckon this is his best yet. 9/10
Old 19-06-2019, 06:03 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Diego Maradona

This was a fascinating study of the greatest footballer who has ever lived. It focuses on the narrative arc of his time at Napoli and sells the message that the city made him but also ultimately finished him. The scale of his achievement in taking a mediocre team whose ambition had previously been simply to avoid relegation, to two league titles, a domestic cup and the UEFA cup is captured well and Maradona's status as a true leader as well as a technically unique footballer is cemented. His operatic and claustrophobic lifestyle under the microscope of completely fanatical support in the city is also examined and whilst there is insufficient in there to excuse his behavioural shortcomings, there is plenty of context to perhaps explain why he chose to go down that path. His ultimate downfall at Napoli, engineered by an Italian footballing establishment seeking revenge for Maradona's part in the 1990 world cup, and his subsequent erratic life, are covered at the end of the film in quite moving fashion.

There is less on the field action than you might expect and the film is unlikely to convert too many non-believers. But that is not the point of it. I loved it, 9 out of 10.
Old 21-06-2019, 11:36 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
John Wick 3 Parabellum - Great start, some very good action scenes but about 30 minutes too long...especially as there is obviously going to be a no.4. 7/10

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 22-06-2019, 08:27 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Toy Story 4.
Brilliant. Never thought it'd be a less than a 10/10 before I saw it.
Old 22-06-2019, 08:34 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Forgot about Brightburn.
Easily done in this case.
What if Superman crash landed on this planet as a baby but instead of being good, honourable and compassionate, was evil.
It had its moments but was all a bit meh in the end.
5/10.