Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-06-2019, 12:06 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP'S Nuts View Post
After watching the women's Thailand team play Sweden I reckon zaha on his own against the whole Thailand team would probably win about 50-0.
Yet they scored against Sweden? I haven't seen it, but how did they do that?

Also I watched the Mexico v Cuba game last night (Men), and I'm pretty sure Cuba would struggle against Thailand (Women)!
Old 17-06-2019, 02:54 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-06-2019, 02:58 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Wow... that was pretty good!
Old 17-06-2019, 09:10 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here

Articles like this creating fake hype don’t help. This is a routine save being labeled the best woman’s save..
Old 17-06-2019, 09:45 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post

Articles like this creating fake hype don’t help. This is a routine save being labeled the best woman’s save..
Yup, saw that this morning. Close to her and saw it all the way. Good routine save. Bit like one the other day with a decent drag back, being compared to Cruyff. Still, one noticeable thing is the beginnings of proper analysis and criticism in the coverage. Some parts of the game clearly don't like it but has to be a good thing. Used to be a little bit too cosy.
Old 17-06-2019, 11:24 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No it’s not. See my post in response to yours afew above. Im not one for political correct measures but I see no problem with it being predominately covered by Women this world cup.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it (and for the record I wan't coming and this from a politically correct angel, just factual), but the definition of equality is the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.

So that means if you have women pundits on men's football, you should have men pundits on women's.

Each to their own though, and I hope you're enjoying the football
Old 17-06-2019, 11:36 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it (and for the record I wan't coming and this from a politically correct angel, just factual), but the definition of equality is the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.

So that means if you have women pundits on men's football, you should have men pundits on women's.

Well actually it means you should have the best person for the job, whether that's a man or a woman and regardless of what the job is.

Unfortunately if you take Dwight Yorke as a baseline, that basically means every human that ever lived is qualified to be a football pundit, which makes assessing the best person for the job a lengthy and flawed process.
Old 17-06-2019, 11:39 AM

TC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
decent save................To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post

Fair response. I agree with what you say equity is, but Im looking more at the Macro scale as opposed to the Micro in this case. Im not saying it’s wrong to do so, but I personally think that there needs to be a host of opportunities for woman to even catch up with the opportunities men have had. This provides a start, exposure and experience for alot of them.

What I find dangerous about ‘equality’ is when it becomes tokenism. ‘We need a man to make it fair’ this then creates a world that doenst live in an honest genuine outcome, but one that engineered.
Old 17-06-2019, 11:55 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The competition starts in the knock out stage then the quality is much better as the teams are more evenly matched, i thought the saves were first class from the chillian keeper and some of the football has been very good. The standard has improved no end and i will watch the knockout stage for sure.
Old 17-06-2019, 12:37 PM

KP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

Also I watched the Mexico v Cuba game last night (Men), and I'm pretty sure Cuba would struggle against Thailand (Women)!
I think after the 13-0 loss to America quite a few probably wrongly were saying that America were to ruthless. So Sweden mainly to conserve team and stop needless injuries took the foot off the gas apart from a few subs at the end who wanted to score and then did with getting a pen at the death. The Goal scorer for Thailand was pretty good but got no service it was the defenders though who were terrible especially a number 3 that looked like a right back playing CB. The worrying thing i'm seeing though is the VAR use for penalties seem very harsh you have now as a defender to run with your arms behind your back if you try to protect your face and the ball hits your hand you've had it. The penalty given to Sweden the defender was trying to protect herself she didn't move the arm or hand to the ball it was in the same position the ball just happened to hit it.
Old 17-06-2019, 01:35 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Ridiculous VAR decision in the Australia Brazil game, over ruling the Lino to allow a goal where there was a clear offside, which caused the defender to score the own goal
Old 17-06-2019, 01:36 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
The competition starts in the knock out stage then the quality is much better as the teams are more evenly matched, i thought the saves were first class from the chillian keeper and some of the football has been very good. The standard has improved no end and i will watch the knockout stage for sure.
Yes, think it will really heat up in the knockout stages when the sides are more evenly matched.

With all the talk of over hyping and quality or lack of, I’m just glad there’s some competitive football on the TV through these torturous post/pre season weeks.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 17-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Ridiculous VAR decision in the Australia Brazil game, over ruling the Lino to allow a goal where there was a clear offside, which caused the defender to score the own goal
That was last Thursday?

Yeah, ridiculous; if that is VAR next season God help us. Defender has to stretch for a ball and heads it anyway, because there is an attacker behind. Still don't get it.
Old 17-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:

Maybe they should have chosen a better save from the same game (at 1:00) Poor Press should have had about 5 goals if not for that goalie.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 17-06-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 17-06-2019, 08:33 PM
18 years for 3,670 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What another diabolical VAR decision.
Lucky lucky France..
Old 17-06-2019, 08:34 PM
18 years for 3,670 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Haa bloody haa...
Justice is served
Old 17-06-2019, 08:34 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Disgraceful. Never a penalty, never a sending off.
Old 17-06-2019, 08:35 PM
18 years for 3,670 posts

Good grief.
Old 17-06-2019, 08:36 PM
18 years for 3,670 posts

Must be some brown envelopes being exchanged