Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 15-10-2021, 04:48 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
He chose more money, rather than actually playing football when he left us, and was out of the picture for what should have been his finest years.

Eventually he started playing regular football again but only when he was in the twilight of his career.

Still... he'll have a fatter bank account than he might have had, so... meh!
I get that some people donít like him but he joined Swansea at 26. Heís had a pretty decent career. Spurs would have been a huge opportunity at the time and I think we werenít paying him much.
Old 15-10-2021, 04:52 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have this memory of a goal he scored in front of the Holmesdale, took the ball on the edge of the area, kind of pirouetted on the ball & lashed it in. Absolutely electric goal, I feel like it was against Portsmouth, but can’t be certain. Anyone else remember it?

He was unlucky at Spurs. They bought him & Aaron Lennon that summer, I always thought they bought Lennon as his understudy. Wayne played all pre-season & was in good form but he picked up a bad knock on the first game. By the time he was fit Lennon had all but played himself into the England squad. And that was that.
Old 15-10-2021, 04:53 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Think that goal was vs Stoke - 6-3
Old 15-10-2021, 04:57 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
Think that goal was vs Stoke
Whoever it was against it was an absolute belter. Genuine class.
Old 15-10-2021, 05:08 PM
16K Ram Pack

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufski13 View Post
Whoever it was against it was an absolute belter. Genuine class.
I was in Block J old stand and it was almost right in front of me.... that goal was completely sublime, absolute genius and one of the best things I have ever seen on the pitch at Selhurst Thanks Wayne. Even if you are a little shit
Old 15-10-2021, 05:21 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
He chose more money, rather than actually playing football when he left us, and was out of the picture for what should have been his finest years.

Eventually he started playing regular football again but only when he was in the twilight of his career.

He had ten years at Swansea. A long time in twilight! Never felt he was handled right here. He was very exciting and very tricky on the bal. Guess some people here felt differently
Old 15-10-2021, 05:22 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Definitely, AJ scored a couple if not a hat trick that day if memory serves?

Also have a chest and volley goal in my head?
Old 15-10-2021, 05:36 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

I make you right . Wish I could find it on you tube. Be worth people seeing to remind us how good he could be
Old 15-10-2021, 06:25 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Not sure if this is a nonsense but didn't he start the premier League season with us on 1k a week?
Old 15-10-2021, 06:29 PM

Supersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupersonic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Never really reached his full potential, but had a decent career. Wish him well in retirement.
Old 15-10-2021, 06:44 PM
Depends on the mood

Cyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCyneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One of the best exponents of the step over I've seen. IMO.
Old 15-10-2021, 07:15 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:

Definitely greedy. He plays all sesaon in our one year in the PL in 2004/5 and joins a big team after we get relegated.

We all want more money and he was injured on his debut and much of the season!

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 15-10-2021, 07:30 PM

HRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had a good career but never fulfilled his potential. Was the right man in the right place at the right time with Swansea when he was in danger of becoming a bit of a journeyman. Fair play to him. Never really forgave him for leaving to be honest but there’s two sides to every story and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle so who knows what really happened.
Old 15-10-2021, 07:37 PM

ceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is hereceeby Sam the man is here
Quote:
I was in Block J old stand and it was almost right in front of me.... that goal was completely sublime, absolute genius and one of the best things I have ever seen on the pitch at Selhurst Thanks Wayne. Even if you are a little shit
I remember it as well, am I right in thinking he took his shirt off and placed it on the ground and saluted it after that goal?

Great game for us, and also for me, I'd had a few beers and stuck £100 on AJ to be first goalscorer at 7/2 at the Ladbrokes in the ground.
Old 15-10-2021, 07:39 PM
substitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeby View Post
I remember it as well, am I right in thinking he took his shirt off and placed it on the ground and saluted it after that goal?

Great game for us, and also for me, I'd had a few beers and stuck £100 on AJ to be first goalscorer at 7/2 at the Ladbrokes in the ground.
Yep you are right. One of my favourite Palace games. I loved that group of players
Old 15-10-2021, 08:50 PM

Freddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy the Fish : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
My best memories of Wayne are his inability to get the ball over the head of the first man at corners, especially when it really mattered, and him removing his shirt and stamping on it on two separate occasions after being subbed and getting some stick from the fans. Oh yes, and not forgetting the time that he offered the Block J Family Stand out for a fight.

I remember the one occasion, down by the tunnel, but I don't remember another?
Old 15-10-2021, 09:33 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wish i could have retired at 36
Old 16-10-2021, 03:03 AM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
Not sure if this is a nonsense but didn't he start the premier League season with us on 1k a week?
He was defo on academy style wages.. I donít recall 1k but it might have been 5k

At the time many were unhappy with Wayne leaving since SJ proclaimed he had a deal agreed etc

However hindsight tells us SJ was a slimy torag, wheeler dealer as his clever little sausage lies about the ground proved. My suspicion was there was more to meet the eye re contract and promises. If I were Wayne I may have been inclined to go do a deal with the professionals
Old 16-10-2021, 03:05 AM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Another link to find re Wayne...

Anyone recall the interview he did fairly recently about his time at Palace. It was like he had amnesia... he struggled to recall even some of the basic facts about his time with us. It was quite bizarre