Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-10-2021, 09:59 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
At the start of the pandemic everyone would stop what they were doing if they heard a cough.
At the start of the pandemic people were scared if a jogger ran past them, lest they were exhaling covid.
Old 16-10-2021, 10:25 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
At the start of the pandemic people were worried because there was a virus that we didn't really know much about sweeping the world killing people.

We're thankfully in a different place now.
Old 16-10-2021, 10:54 AM
Bog Whoppit

Fen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFen Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It doesnít exist and it certainly doesnít kill anybody, now all the people who slagged me off when I said differently must feel love for me. Oh by the way thereís more cases now than at the height of the pandemic, but look back at all my posts on this thread and you will see all the people, and I genuinely feel sorry for them as they can only feel safe and brave behind a keyboard and tell us of the superior knowledge, yes you know who you are.
Old 16-10-2021, 10:58 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
At the start of the pandemic people were worried because there was a virus that we didn't really know much about sweeping the world killing people.

We're thankfully in a different place now.
And now we are opening the research again on the very thing that is the most probable source of the whole thing. Because it went so well last time.
Old 16-10-2021, 11:14 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
It was this week CR, and so I guess by Monday/Tuesday next week, we should know. The average time for incubation is 5 days, but yes 14 days can happen too.

How are you feeling this morning?
Fingers crossed mate. My daughter and my partner didnít get it despite spending all weekend with me.

Iím quite a lot better than I was but still got a bad cold and a slight sore throat has developed, and just exhausted. But glad to be better then I was

Party because Iíve been ill and stuck in and partly because of the murder of an MP I feel slightly surreal. I hope society can move in a more positive direction
Old 16-10-2021, 11:17 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
The trouble with that is that it assumes that covid is the same as flu - whereas all but the conspiracy nutters know that covid is worse than flu. Given that basic fact, isn't it logical that we'd have higher mortality from covid than flu? So the 10,000 figure isn't a magic number, a sacrosanct upper limit for deaths we'll accept from any cause. It's a number we accept from an disease which isn't as severe.

I don't think it has much value other than as a rough comparison number, a figure to illustrate that thousands of people die from diseases per year without it causing people to be confined to their houses and allowed out once a day.
Countries on the continent donít have extreme restrictions like you mention but they are getting a fraction of deaths. I suspect thatís because the U.K. has just thrown everything to the wind.
Old 16-10-2021, 11:20 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen Eagle View Post
It doesnít exist and it certainly doesnít kill anybody, now all the people who slagged me off when I said differently must feel love for me. Oh by the way thereís more cases now than at the height of the pandemic, but look back at all my posts on this thread and you will see all the people, and I genuinely feel sorry for them as they can only feel safe and brave behind a keyboard and tell us of the superior knowledge, yes you know who you are.
What on earth are you on about, you absolute tit?
Old 16-10-2021, 11:24 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen Eagle View Post
u ok hun?
Old 16-10-2021, 11:40 AM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I suppose you could say I'm one of those who is acting reasonably normal-ish. I wear a mask when required to, but I am going out and about more frequently, including pubs and restaurants. Am I complacent? Quite possibly - but then 18 months into the pandemic, I still know remarkably few people who've had it. Is that typical, or am I (and my family and friends) lucky? If the first case is true, then I'm sure that will go a long way to explaining the increasing laxness people have observed. If the pandemic is going on yet you've had little direct or indirect experience of the illness, it's easy to drop your guard.
Same as that.

And all the people I know who have had it are ok, some say it was like a really bad flu some no more than a snivel.

What I do know is we all owe thanks to the wonderful people of science and medicine who have managed to save 1000s and a big fxxk off to the ď I am bathed in the lords bloodĒ types.
Old 16-10-2021, 01:16 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Should I infer from those that the Guardian advocates tougher restrictions in England now? What sort of thing do they want?
I donít think they want things tougher, I think they are just quoting various scientists who think that the messaging more than anything is out of kilter. You see with your own eyes that a lot of people ignore the mask recommendation, even when the retailers or venues request people to wear them. The one area they do seem to want pushed more is the idea of the passport, but Boris would be ideologically against that as would the right of his party.

I think the comparison with behaviours in other countries with lower case rates etc is valid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 16-10-2021, 01:18 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Anti vax reached a new low over here. A woman posted pictures of herself and children on line with a yellow Star of David and NO Vax in the middle. Comparing lockdown to the Holocaust . Are these **** wits for real.
TBH. I think that deserves a police investigation and potential charges. That should learn her.

What hope for the children?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-10-2021, 01:27 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Not for nothing does a certain poster bang on about Plague Island.
I think I will refrain from now on.

BBSers prefer to get offended, prefer not to listen or prefer to meet criticism with whataboutery. It has been going on for 15 of the 18 months.

Not much point. And I will only come across as some c nut wishing death or distressing illness on my former countrypeople.

I can't really see another lockdown being politically acceptable, although I can envisage any restrictions hitting football fans first.

I trust this year's ski season won't be impacted.

Old 16-10-2021, 01:27 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
That's pretty abhorrent
Tell that to the GOP Congress woman Marjorie Taylor Greene, sheís been running that one for a while now, as have a numbers of US talk radio hosts, some of whom have now died of Covid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 16-10-2021, 01:34 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Two articles on this..

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Every country is different, and you only become aware of it as you travel. I think itís correct that the UK is going for herd immunity, and that may turn out to be the right decision. The only trip abroad Iíve had from Spain was to Paris - initially I was shocked and a little outraged when I was asked for the vaccine passport - and turned away from a bar because my son didnít have his on him - but later I came to think it was better than Madrid because it allows venues to open up as normal.
Although thatís now the case here anyway and without the passports. Weíll have to see how that goes.
Old 16-10-2021, 02:47 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I thought herd immunity was no longer possible due to the endless mutations of this thing. UK gov just wants to pretend covid doesn’t exist
Old 16-10-2021, 04:01 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
At the start of the pandemic people were scared if a jogger ran past them, lest they were exhaling covid.
I stick my hand up to this one.
Old 16-10-2021, 04:09 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
I thought herd immunity was no longer possible due to the endless mutations of this thing. UK gov just wants to pretend covid doesnít exist
Are you prodding that wasps nest again?
Old 16-10-2021, 04:26 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I think I will refrain from now on.

BBSers prefer to get offended, prefer not to listen or prefer to meet criticism with whataboutery. It has been going on for 15 of the 18 months.

Not much point. And I will only come across as some c nut wishing death or distressing illness on my former countrypeople.

I can't really see another lockdown being politically acceptable, although I can envisage any restrictions hitting football fans first.

I trust this year's ski season won't be impacted.
I like you the way you are Peter, dont tuck the elbows in. Full fat, extra caffeine. Rage on
Old 16-10-2021, 04:29 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Sledger View Post
Move to France and live out your days in fear there if you're so obsessed.
Is this what happens when you reach pensionable age ? You just become a boring old turd ?
Old 16-10-2021, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I like you the way you are Peter, dont tuck the elbows in. Full fat, extra caffeine. Rage on
I am packing some full fat on my arse, especially for a prolonged period of fence-sitting. Since Sunny retired from these boards the place desperately misses one of those.