Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 16-10-2021, 01:01 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob13 View Post
sounds fun!

Another Pb for me this morning on ours and under 21min for 1st time(2 seconds over last week). That really was hard work,think my peak is getting very close not sure i can keep getting faster each week.
Damn! Your progress over the year been supersonic

Congrats on the PB.

I also PBed today but that's cos I had a tractor behind me for the start

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 16-10-2021, 02:05 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
Damn! Your progress over the year been supersonic

Congrats on the PB.

I also PBed today but that's cos I had a tractor behind me for the start
Thanks, Well done on your PB too. I am gobsmacked how far i have come in 9.5 months to be honest from not being able to chase the dog for 100m.! Top 10 last 3 times in parkrun only 2 minutes from winner today,first official half marathon in under 1:45 and what i actually intended just to be fitter and lose weight has definately been achieved.11 stone 13lb as a max now from 14 stone 6lb. I really thought it was a needed,never for a second thought it was going to be fun.

Last edited by ob13; 16-10-2021 at 02:08 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM

clockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cambridge Half done in a relatively respectable 1:55:50 given thatís the furthest Iíve run since March last year. Kudos to Greybot for the shout outs, especially at 18k when I was really starting to flag - sounds cliched but it really made a difference! Cheers mate 👍. Stevenage half next month, letís see if I can get back under 1:50.
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockhouse View Post
Cambridge Half done in a relatively respectable 1:55:50 given thatís the furthest Iíve run since March last year. Kudos to Greybot for the shout outs, especially at 18k when I was really starting to flag - sounds cliched but it really made a difference! Cheers mate 👍. Stevenage half next month, letís see if I can get back under 1:50.
Are you sure that wasn't me, mate? I saw you just outside Kings, then about a mile later as you started the two-way traffic, then again in town at about 12 miles
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM

clockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineclockhouse : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Are you sure that wasn't me, mate? I saw you just outside Kings, then about a mile later as you started the two-way traffic, then again in town at about 12 miles
Yes that must have been you. So sorry I have no idea what anybody on here looks like 😂. So, massive kudos you you mate, it was really great to get a mental boost just when I really needed it!
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes that must have been you. So sorry I have no idea what anybody on here looks like 😂. So, massive kudos you you mate, it was really great to get a mental boost just when I really needed it!
Ha! It was great to see you - you were about 3 minutes ahead of my mate so it was good to spot you as a marker for him!

I saw a Norwich shirt, a West Ham shirt, a Cambridge Utd shirt, a Burnley shirt & a Newcastle shirt but you were the best kitted-out runner I saw today
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Ha! It was great to see you - you were about 3 minutes ahead of my mate so it was good to spot you as a marker for him!

I saw a Norwich shirt, a West Ham shirt, a Cambridge Utd shirt, a Burnley shirt & a Newcastle shirt but you were the best kitted-out runner I saw today
Nice of you to say so. Pure luck that the 1861 shirt is the same colour scheme as the race set up. Got one anti Palace shout from some young Arsenal kid 😂 but the funniest thing I heard was two girls chatting about energy gels when one said to the other ĎI canít stand those gels, itís like having a mouthful of jizí Made me smileÖ..
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
but the funniest thing I heard was two girls chatting about energy gels when one said to the other ĎI canít stand those gels, itís like having a mouthful of jizí Made me smileÖ..
did you tell em to get it swallowed rather than filling the mouth?
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone do the Surrey XC at Epsom (Div 2-4) yesterday, I normally hate cross country but quite enjoyed the course yesterday
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Definitely kudos to Olympian2 for the shout outs as wasn't me

I got there late as struggled to find parking with everything closed off and ended up having to jog in from Grantchester and missing most of it! Then left early as I had to get to London for the NFL.

Congrats on completing it. That's a very decent time clockhouse.

My train to London absolutely stunk cos of all the sweaty runners from Cambridge on it

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
Definitely kudos to Olympian2 for the shout outs as wasn't me

I got there late as struggled to find parking with everything closed off and ended up having to jog in from Grantchester and missing most of it! Then left early as I had to get to London for the NFL.

Congrats on completing it. That's a very decent time clockhouse.

My train to London absolutely stunk cos of all the sweaty runners from Cambridge on it
Thanks for making the effort. I parked at Madingley Road P&R and walked down to the start as a kind of warm up. Didnít fancy being on a bus with 50 others! 😳. Itís a decent walk TBH, about 35 mins. Yes, happy with the time given the circumstances of the last year and a half. Would still like to recapture my sub 1:45 pace from a couple of years ago but I just canít seem to get anywhere near it at the moment ☹️
Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
Anyone do the Surrey XC at Epsom (Div 2-4) yesterday, I normally hate cross country but quite enjoyed the course yesterday
Yes, Div2 race. It was a un-XC course. But a lovely setting. Standard was higher than usual as well. England 10,000m champion won our race for Croydon Harriers.

Got round in 31.27. Which was pleased with but lacking in speed endurance.

Tomario from here was helping out with the Dulwich Runners team as well.