Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 20-05-2022, 03:53 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Sounds fake to me. Post it here.
It's from The Times if you have a subscription (I dont), I think its in this article from the end of April

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-05-2022, 03:55 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
It's also been reported in The Mirror that he'd been told he'd only be investigated for two events, even though he was at about 6 illegal gatherings
Old 20-05-2022, 04:09 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Not fake at all then. Apologies to SE25.

Something stinky is going on. I'm sticking to my theory for the moment that it's just the Met being useless but this feels like corruption.
Old 20-05-2022, 04:09 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
It's from The Times if you have a subscription (I dont), I think its in this article from the end of April

Thanks AJ for that
Old 20-05-2022, 04:24 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Not fake at all then. Apologies to SE25.

Something stinky is going on. I'm sticking to my theory for the moment that it's just the Met being useless but this feels like corruption.
The public smell a rat as well, according to a poll over half of respondents don't trust the MET's outcome,

If BJ is celebrating (and he certainly likes a party!), it may be too soon if the public suspect corruption

Old 21-05-2022, 08:33 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
It's just baffling, isn't it? Who gets fined and who doesn't; on what basis the decisions have been taken. And the lack of explanation from the Met doesn't help.

But on the other hand, do the police routinely publish the rationale behind their investigations, prosecutions and fines? No they don't. And if we're clamouring for Downing Street's occupants to be treated just like the rest of us when it comes to breaking lockdown rules, it's difficult to argue that they shouldn't be treated like the rest of us when it comes to the police's investigation and fines.

The contrary argument about the makers of rules breaking them is a moral one and (for many) a political one rather than a legal one. As galling as it is, and as important as it is for Britain's political culture, it's difficult to argue that politicians and civil servants shouldn't be equal before the law in all aspects.
Old 21-05-2022, 09:40 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
It's just baffling, isn't it? Who gets fined and who doesn't; on what basis the decisions have been taken. And the lack of explanation from the Met doesn't help.

But on the other hand, do the police routinely publish the rationale behind their investigations, prosecutions and fines? No they don't. And if we're clamouring for Downing Street's occupants to be treated just like the rest of us when it comes to breaking lockdown rules, it's difficult to argue that they shouldn't be treated like the rest of us when it comes to the police's investigation and fines.

The contrary argument about the makers of rules breaking them is a moral one and (for many) a political one rather than a legal one. As galling as it is, and as important as it is for Britain's political culture, it's difficult to argue that politicians and civil servants shouldn't be equal before the law in all aspects.
I am sure the police produce ‘evidence’ before they charge someone. So there will be ‘evidence’ rather than ‘rationale’ behind those fines which led to those who got fined putting their hands up and admitting to it. If they didn’t they would have gone to court to challenge it.
Old 21-05-2022, 10:10 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Why is evidence 'evidence' iyo?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 21-05-2022, 10:14 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Why is evidence 'evidence' iyo?
I was being sarky hence it was in ‘’
Old 21-05-2022, 10:54 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Ah. I actually think that they do need to have evidence, you know!

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I am sure the police produce ‘evidence’ before they charge someone. So there will be ‘evidence’ rather than ‘rationale’ behind those fines which led to those who got fined putting their hands up and admitting to it. If they didn’t they would have gone to court to challenge it.
Produce it to whom? They don't put out a press release, that's for sure. Which is my point: whilst it is essential for political reasons (as in to establish/enforce good behaviour amongst our ruling class) that's not the concern of the police, and they need to treat Downing Street as any other street in the land (which, after all, is what the issue is in the first place). So we can't expect an official communique from the Met setting out all the gory details - any more than if you or I were fined for lockdown breaches..