Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOTM
Guaita 4 1.34%
Clyne 10 3.34%
Andersen 2 0.67%
Ward 35 11.71%
Mitchell 0 0%
Hughes *** 9 3.01%
Schlupp 6 2.01%
Gallagher 28 9.36%
Rak Sakyi * 6 2.01%
Zaha 196 65.55%
Edouard ** 2 0.67%
* Kouyate 0 0%
**Eze 0 0%
*** McArthur 1 0.33%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-05-2022, 11:32 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Guehi won the Players POTS, not Wilf
Wilf got the HF player of the year after the game yeah.
Old 22-05-2022, 11:44 PM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought Zaha was phenomenal today

So much of what we created came through him. Our main goal threat and worked so hard tracking back.

I know we can cope without him should he leave but we would struggle a great deal in doing so.
Old 23-05-2022, 12:02 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Thought we played the worst we’ve done in a while to be honest. But think United made it a scrappy affair.

So happy we beat that lot though.
Old 23-05-2022, 12:02 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Thought we played the worst weíve done in a while to be honest. But think United made it a scrappy affair.

So happy we beat that lot though.
Old 23-05-2022, 12:17 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Stopped off at M11 service station on the way home. On the way in, I bumped into the only Brighton fan I know - he lives up this way too.

Mentioned to him that I was surprised that heíd made it there before me :

ĎErr yeah, we didnít actually stay until the endí

Old 23-05-2022, 12:31 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Wilf was class and got my vote but couple of other mentions. Schlup never been a fans but this season he has done really well. Eze, simply class. Vincent G makes all the difference. And Joel Versatile Ward and to think he only cost 400k !

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 23-05-2022, 01:01 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good comments
Wilf for me but Gallagher effort 2nd to none as per
Old 23-05-2022, 01:34 AM

Wilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guaita - 7 - Great misdirection save, and always in the right place. Distribution was poor. I have no idea why we pass it back to him rather than have Andersen kick it out.

Clyne - 7 - Very good

Andersen - 7 - Typical game

Ward - 7 - Saved a goal from the MU guy who looks like Sideshow Bob

Mitchell - 7 - Solid, and I'm happy we'll have him for years to come

Hughes - 7 - I rate him as one of our best MFers. He puts in tough challenges, and plays calm on the ball. Height is the only thing against him.

Gallagher - 7 - His skill is running around in a high press. When we don't do that, he's not great on the ball, nor with passing. He did well today though.

Schlupp - 7 - Had a couple decent chances.

Rak-Sakyi - 7 - Did nothing wrong. We attacked mostly through Wilf, so he wasn't as much of a factor.

Edouard - 5 - If there's a PL player in there, I sure don't see it. Often a passenger, when he gets involved, nothing good ever happens. Selfish and stupid not to pass to Gallagher. Wish we would admit he was a mistake and move on.

Zaha - 8 - Tried to take on too many defenders at times, but with Olise out, he's the only one that was ever going to generate a goal. Put MU to shame, and aside from the goal, he's our best passer by far.

Subs:

Kouyate - 7 - Glad to see him come on, very solid.

Eze - 7 - Looked class again in limited time.

McArthur - 7 - Breathed a sigh of relief when he came on. Amazing servant to our club.

PV - 8 - Without Olise, he put together a good game plan. Going to 5 at the back in the second half seemed like it didn't work out, but then the later subs were spot on. Congrat to him on an awesome season.

Ref - Probably one of the best ref performances we've seen. Fouls on Wilf were actually called. Correct calls were made. No arguments with any of the yellows. Didn't add on a ridiculous amount of extra time.
2020 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Newcastle
Old 23-05-2022, 02:27 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Maybe it is the heavy duty painkillers I am currently on provoking over-sentamentality, but for me it was genuinely moving to see two of the stalwarts of the side that got us up from the Championship all those years ago, Zaha and Ward, put in the two stand out performances of the day.
Nowt to do with the Painkillers AJ as 100% spot on get well soon .
Old 23-05-2022, 02:36 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelsEagle View Post
Edouard good first half, looked poor when we changed system though to 5 at the back.

Don't actually think we played that well, definitely played better and drawn/lost this season - 2nd half especially but were never under the cosh that badly, probably says more about United than us.

Wilf MOTM, was nervous about Ward but was solid enough in the end.

Conor was good too, best game in a while.

Andersen's passing a bit suspect at times, maybe missing his usual partner.
Worried about Ward , great servant to our beloved club and literally one of the best 6 yard box defenders Iíve ever seen. That goal saving tackle didnít surprise me at all. Said for a while that ward will prolong his PL career by eventually moving inside even if as cover . That process has now started.
Old 23-05-2022, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Stopped off at M11 service station on the way home. On the way in, I bumped into the only Brighton fan I know - he lives up this way too.

Mentioned to him that I was surprised that heíd made it there before me

ĎErr yeah, we didnít actually stay until the endí

That lot summed up perfectly
Old 23-05-2022, 08:05 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Wilf capped off a superb season with a good finish and was my MOTM.
The team have played a lot better than that this season and lost! I think it was such a traumatic week with everything that happened at Goodison that it was all about the result yesterday. I thought we played okay, but just okay. There were too many mistakes from both sides and far from a classic. A great way to end the season though.
That was the worst Utd side I have seen in the Premier league era.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable season with some very entertaining football and the promise of more to come.

Well done PV. A very impressive 1st season.
Old 23-05-2022, 09:18 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Scrapped it out yesterday. Love wins like that, esp against clubs with more resources (which is basically everyone in the PL). More wins like that next season on the road, and we'll be looking at top half for sure.

Wilf MOTM. Notable performance from Ward - great to have extra option at CB.
Old 23-05-2022, 09:20 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
So pleased to finally beat them at time. We deserved the win, although it was a scrappy game. They were awful. Worst United side I can remember seeing since the first cup final.

Zaha was MoM for me - superb finish and generally he looked up for it.

I also thought Hughes, Schlupp and Gallagher played very well. Hughes is a tidy player.

Ward did admirably considering it’s not his favourite position. Only downside for me is that we looked far less comfortable playing out from the back without Guehi there. Just shows how superb Andersen and Guehi are on the ball. But ward did a good job in an unfamiliar position.

JRS looks a player. I can see him being a regular in a year or so but think he needs a loan to a championship club first. Looks very good from a technical perspective.

Great way to end the season. It’s been a really enjoyable season too.
Old 23-05-2022, 09:55 AM

Vultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
So pleased to finally beat them at time. We deserved the win, although it was a scrappy game. They were awful. Worst United side I can remember seeing since the first cup final.

Zaha was MoM for me - superb finish and generally he looked up for it.

I also thought Hughes, Schlupp and Gallagher played very well. Hughes is a tidy player.

Ward did admirably considering itís not his favourite position. Only downside for me is that we looked far less comfortable playing out from the back without Guehi there. Just shows how superb Andersen and Guehi are on the ball. But ward did a good job in an unfamiliar position.

JRS looks a player. I can see him being a regular in a year or so but think he needs a loan to a championship club first. Looks very good from a technical perspective.

Great way to end the season. Itís been a really enjoyable season too.
I agree with all of this, although I made Clyne man of the match because he showed a lot of energy and competence to restrict an admittedly poor United team. You could see just how far they have fallen when their supporters started jumping up and down at the news that West Ham were losing, thereby securing their Europa League spot. Having said that, I'll be jumping up and down if we secure a Europa League spot next season!
Old 23-05-2022, 10:20 AM

Sydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou View Post
Congrats to Rak Sakyi and Hughes for getting their starts but it definitely showed their weaknesses. Here’s to Rak hitting the protein shakes and Hughes practicing passing.
You were clearly watching the wrong game - Hughes was excellent today
Old 23-05-2022, 10:33 AM

Sydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Genuinely amazed that United managed to finish 6th. In the past they've had quality all over the pitch and yesterday I'm not sure they had a player on the pitch that would make our team other than De Gea. Rangnick must surely be the worst overseas manager ever seen in the Premier League. Took an under performing side and made them even worse whilst overseeing numerous players suffer an alarming loss of form. AWB, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford. A few years ago Varane was touted as the best centre half in the world and now he can't make a team that contains a desperately out of form Maguire and Lindelof who frankly belongs in the Championship at best. I assume Ten Hag was there to drive Rangnick to the airport and provide him with a one way ticket back to Germany?
Old 23-05-2022, 11:21 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vultur View Post
I agree with all of this, although I made Clyne man of the match because he showed a lot of energy and competence to restrict an admittedly poor United team. You could see just how far they have fallen when their supporters started jumping up and down at the news that West Ham were losing, thereby securing their Europa League spot. Having said that, I'll be jumping up and down if we secure a Europa League spot next season!
Very true. And itís great to see the wankers struggling so much.

Youíre right about clyne - he had another very good game. Heís had a strong second half of the season.
Old 23-05-2022, 11:36 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
What a relief to get the win. I feel it would have been a disappointing reflection of the progress we have made this year if we hadn't got the 3 points and pushed up to 12th.

As an aside I took my 5 year old (Dougie) to his 4th game of the season. As we came away from the match I had a chuckle to myself about how good he has it as a new fan. He has no idea what am amazing achievement it is to beat Utd and see all these fantastic players playing for Palace.
Old 23-05-2022, 11:41 AM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
Genuinely amazed that United managed to finish 6th. In the past they've had quality all over the pitch and yesterday I'm not sure they had a player on the pitch that would make our team other than De Gea. Rangnick must surely be the worst overseas manager ever seen in the Premier League. Took an under performing side and made them even worse whilst overseeing numerous players suffer an alarming loss of form. AWB, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford. A few years ago Varane was touted as the best centre half in the world and now he can't make a team that contains a desperately out of form Maguire and Lindelof who frankly belongs in the Championship at best. I assume Ten Hag was there to drive Rangnick to the airport and provide him with a one way ticket back to Germany?
isn't Rangnick going to be MUs DoF? In effect Hag's boss