Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-06-2020, 07:37 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Quote from that article:

Prime Minister May, in contrast, became "flustered and nervous" in her conversations with the President. "He clearly intimidated her and meant to," said one of CNN's sources.

Makes you wonder how Maggie would have handled him... much the way Merkel did I suspect, or even have given as good as she got.
Thatcher would have got nowhere. He would hate even more a strong woman.
Old 30-06-2020, 07:41 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Thatcher would have got nowhere. He would hate even more a strong woman.
There is no doubt in my mind she would get nowhere with him, but I think she may have given him as good as she got with knobs on.

There has to be someone out there that can verbally bring this guy down a peg or two... maybe that is Putin's game.
Old 30-06-2020, 07:55 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
This whole Russians paying the Taliban to kill American soldiers... how kosher is the story?

I'm not sure what Russia gets out of it?

NBC confirms: The White House and top National Security Council officials learned about intel indicating Russia was offering bounties on U.S. and coalition troops in early 2019, well over a year before Trump claimed no one had briefed him on the matter. To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 30-06-2020, 08:10 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
There is no doubt in my mind she would get nowhere with him, but I think she may have given him as good as she got with knobs on.

There has to be someone out there that can verbally bring this guy down a peg or two... maybe that is Putin's game.
I'm not sure they would bother or think about "bring him down a peg or two". When on a call, any half decent leader would just ignore (probably with a roll of eyes to those advisors present) Trump's self-aggrandizing. His unpreparedness (as the article constantly states) would nullify any aggressive stance he took - Merkel just remained calm and ignored his insults and Macron countered with facts. Its no surprise that the article only mentions one leader who was unnerved by his aggressive position - May... and no doubt she was probably thinking about a post-Brexit UK that will need to be "onside" with the USA.
As you mention Thatch would probably have had a go had Trump taken a similar stance with her, but equally, as you said, she wouldn't have got anywhere with him, and if she couldn't, who would bother? Anyway I think it more likely that a Trump - Thatch relationship might be more like the current Trump - Putin relationship though.

Ultimately the article is a fascinating read even if it may be somewhat overly anti-Trump biased. Once he's out of the Oval Office though the amount of "exposť" will be huge. I can't wait!
Old 30-06-2020, 08:13 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post

NBC confirms: The White House and top National Security Council officials learned about intel indicating Russia was offering bounties on U.S. and coalition troops in early 2019, well over a year before Trump claimed no one had briefed him on the matter. To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

It doesnít actually matter whether he was briefed or not. Heís utterly ****ed either way. If he was briefed heís betrayed American soldiers, if he wasnít his team are totally and utterly incompetent and have betrayed American soldiers.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 30-06-2020, 08:18 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
It doesnít actually matter whether he was briefed or not. Heís utterly ****ed either way. If he was briefed heís betrayed American soldiers, if he wasnít his team are totally and utterly incompetent and have betrayed American soldiers.
Someone sacked in the morning? What is there to save now anyway. Joe Biden is going to win by literally staying in his basement for four months.
Old 30-06-2020, 08:20 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote from that article:

Prime Minister May, in contrast, became "flustered and nervous" in her conversations with the President. "He clearly intimidated her and meant to," said one of CNN's sources.

Makes you wonder how Maggie would have handled him... much the way Merkel did I suspect, or even have given as good as she got.
On the contrary I think Maggie would have supported Trump. I say this as she was a 90's Brexiteer
Old 30-06-2020, 08:22 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Someone sacked in the morning? What is there to save now anyway. Joe Biden is going to win by literally staying in his basement for four months.
I would love to see this happen (Biden win) but with the way results have been going I think Trump will Nick it
Old 30-06-2020, 08:31 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I would love to see this happen (Biden win) but with the way results have been going I think Trump will Nick it
Isnít he behind in all the swing states?
Old 30-06-2020, 08:34 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:
Isnít he behind in all the swing states?

Yes , but not by much
Old 30-06-2020, 09:05 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
On the contrary I think Maggie would have supported Trump. I say this as she was a 90's Brexiteer
Iím not sure youíre right on either point.
Old 30-06-2020, 09:19 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Yes , but not by much
Heís double digits ahead in many polls of swing states.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 30-06-2020, 09:32 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The Republicans will be quite happy for the dems to take over this shit show. They got tgeir tax cuts for the wealthy and they’ll get back in later.
They care about the Supreme Court too much to let this election slide. Who gets to pick the replacement RBG is massive.
Old 30-06-2020, 09:43 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Yes , but not by much
Actually, by often huge margins. And some states thought to be solid Republican have become marginal. I covered this here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
If you check the swing states, Biden is looking good in:
Colorado, +17 - not really swing anymore To view the link you have to Register or Login
Florida, +6.8 To view the link you have to Register or Login
Iowa, -0.7 To view the link you have to Register or Login
Michigan, +10.2 To view the link you have to Register or Login
Minnesota, +16 and +5 in the only two polls this year To view the link you have to Register or Login
Nevada, +8.0 To view the link you have to Register or Login
New Hampshire, +7.2 To view the link you have to Register or Login
North Carolina, +1.3 To view the link you have to Register or Login
Ohio, +2.6 To view the link you have to Register or Login
Pennsylvania, +5.1 To view the link you have to Register or Login
Virginia, +10.6 To view the link you have to Register or Login
and Wisconsin +6.5 To view the link you have to Register or Login

The only chance Captain Bonespurs stands is to hope that his Nuremberg rallies will be as big a hit in the reruns.
And here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
I make you right in that his base is unwavering. He has had roughly To view the link you have to Register or Login from Day 1: on Inauguration Day he had 48%, easily his highest rating, but within two weeks it was down to 45% and it's never been higher than that since. It tends to sit at about 41-42%, has dipped as low as 37%, and is currently 40%. No POTUS has ever not hit 50% before him.

However, that's far from the whole story. Opposition to him has grown significantly too and his disapproval rating currently sits at 55%. Therefore his net approval is -15%. Similarly, he trails Biden by -9.6%. No candidate has won from such a deficit this close to an election. To view the link you have to Register or Login, Hillary's lead was about 4% throughout and peaked at 7.5%; Obama's lead was about 8% in 2008.

The key thing is that his base is entirely negated by those who abhor him. Therefore the deciding factor is going to be the undecideds - the soccer moms - and the evidence is that, To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Of course it's To view the link you have to Register or Login, but it's Biden's election to lose.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 30-06-2020, 11:52 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Erm, sorry?

She got us the best deal in Europe.

To paraphrase her print-bound friends; "They woz robbed!"

The abominations that were Cameron and Johnson (Terry was a caretaker manager,) have deemed it acceptable to spunk it all away, so that we can buy more lamb from New Zealand.

A lamb for a sheep, if you will.

We (0.87% of the world's population) have the highest death toll in Europe, the third highest in the world, behind America (4.29% of world population) and Brazil (2.74% of world population).

There are roughly 17 countries between us and Brazil on these metrics.

Look them To view the link you have to Register or Login, but fear not, good old blighty beats them all, from Ethiopia to Iran, Japan, Turkey, Germany, heck, even Yannick's homeland has done worse than us; we scored more away deaths.

Do you have any conception of how f'king idiotic we are now, how incompetent we patently are; in front of the entire world?

We are a laughing stock. A sick joke.

I would even laugh, darkly, if the truth wasn't that we had allowed 45,000++ human lives to be unnecessarily extinguished, due to this country being run by entitled, clueless, disaster-capitalising, f'king brexsh'teer silver-sh'tspooning, libertarian, patricians.

I despise what Thatcher stood for, not her, but what she stood for. Trump has encouraged ingesting bleach, and just bought the entire stock of some f'king provenly effective drug for america alone.

If you genuinely think that Thatcher would've stood by Trump, in lieu of our closest allies, then I'm more Thatcherite than you.

At least she believed in something.

What are you, honestly, standing for here?

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Iím not sure youíre right on either point.
Oh I thought she was anti Europe. Mea cupla
Old Yesterday, 04:31 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think she was on the fence.

There seems to have been a huge swing in Tory attitude to Europe.

Heath was a big advocate and he took us in.

Thatcher was always fighting Germany and France and making out she had won this deal or that deal...Germans and French were probably laughing at her comments...those running firms like Renault and getting a foothold into Britains utilities and rail transport while protecting their own industries certainly were applauding the deals she got for Britain.

Major and his spanners at No 11 probably didn't like Europe so much having spunked all that cash failing to prop up the pound.

And the latest mob started with Cowardly Calamity Cameron putting the idea of Brexit on the table, racist May trying desparately to take Britain out and failing, and Boris blundering to a Brexit.

Quite a turnaround in Tory attitude from Pro to rabid-Anti.

I think Churchill would have been pro. Not that he trusted the Germans or French. But he would have liked the idea of a strong united Europe...one as a brake on an other war happening between the same nations...and two as a buffer against communism.

He did like that arrangement with the US. But he wouldn't have liked how frozen out he was by them from 1944 onwards, plus their slap down warnings at Suez and the like.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

Thatcher was always fighting Germany and France and making out she had won this deal or that deal...Germans and French were probably laughing at her comments...those running firms like Renault and getting a foothold into Britains utilities and rail transport while protecting their own industries certainly were applauding the deals she got for Britain.

Major and his spanners at No 11 probably didn't like Europe so much having spunked all that cash failing to prop up the pound.

And the latest mob started with Cowardly Calamity Cameron putting the idea of Brexit on the table, racist May trying desparately to take Britain out and failing, and Boris blundering to a Brexit.

I think Churchill would have been pro. Not that he trusted the Germans or French. But he would have liked the idea of a strong united Europe...one as a brake on an other war happening between the same nations...and two as a buffer against communism.

He did like that arrangement with the US. But he wouldn't have liked how frozen out he was by them from 1944 onwards, plus their slap down warnings at Suez and the like.
To be honest I briefly watched a documentary on BBC about Maggie and watched the clip of where she speaks in some college in Belgium and says something like inviting me to speak about Europe is like inviting Genghis Khan to speak about peace or something and I switched over thinking she is a Brexiter and can eff off.

But what you posted is quite informative and it makes more sense
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

Churchill was pro-Europe, but not with the UK in it. De Gaulle was pro-Europe, but not with the UK in it. Thatcher was generally pro, a bit suspicious, but knew which side our bread was buttered. Johnson is pro whatever he perceives is good for him and his wealthy mates.