Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-03-2020, 09:12 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
Likewise. I'm a 'vulnerable adult' but only 29.

The thing is they don't KNOW if people with compromised immune systems are higher risk - it works in different ways for different people, as we're seeing.

I'm not taking my chances though. Think I'll be homebound for a year at least.
Don't be in any doubt, a compromised immune system is not something you need with this virus. Mine cannot be boosted, as it will result in the rejection of a transplanted organ. You are entirely correct to not take any chances. Stay well.
Old 18-03-2020, 09:14 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I think we know that GCSE and A level exams are definitely not happening don't we?

I thought that was confirmed.

At least they aren't happening in the summer. So it must be mocks and/ or teacher assessment I presume?

Yeah, not happening in May/June but could still in theory be pushed back to July/August I think?

BECCH10

(C) 2007. note to self - needs changing

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Had a similar discussion with one of my lodgers, how we have to destroy the world economy for another 10 years so that the sickest boomers cling on for a bit longer. Cynical and awful conversation but the lad made a point. I said to my boomer mum that it was a plague on her generation, she said every generation seems to get a crisis, but I said they'd already had their innings Scot free really and it's been a doddle.
Point of order. The over 80s, who are most at risk aren’t boomers and they spent the first years of their life being bombed and several years on rationing. The over 85s had it even harder

In fact only 4 years of the quarantined group are boomers and the rest spent the beginning of their childhood being bombed and a good period on rationing.

I would argue that our generation had it easier than the vast majority of those over 70 being quarantined.

Last edited by Hpalace; 18-03-2020 at 09:16 PM.
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Had to give my dad a stern talking to yesterday to get him to understand the potential gravity of the situation, not just for him, but mum - they are both at risk. He was carrying on as normal.
Old boy who lives opposite me, must be mid 80s, always goes to the pub with his son on Monday.

They still did it this Monday. All it takes is one barman to have the virus and not wash his hands, and he's almost certainly be in massive trouble.

Baffling stubbornness.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 18-03-2020, 09:15 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
There are innocent people on here anxious about losing loved ones, jobs, businesses, homes- using this thread to try to make sense of it all. Stop using it as a platform to spout your ludicrous horseshit you cretin.
Whilst i agree entirely with you, you may want to ready your tin hat for when Blind sees your last word....
Old 18-03-2020, 09:16 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Don't be in any doubt, a compromised immune system is not something you need with this virus. Mine cannot be boosted, as it will result in the rejection of a transplanted organ. You are entirely correct to not take any chances. Stay well.
Best of British to you Stella, I'm not religious but I would ask him to smile on you if I was .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 18-03-2020, 09:18 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Ok some of you are having difficult conversations with older family members. Ignoring a few posts I will give you a view on how to approach it.
I am one of those in vulnerable category. I would also add I do take a view on most things what will be will be just get on with it.
The key therefore is not to address the conversation from we are worried about you. It's to address what we do care about and it's our kids grandkids. Staying safe is not about protecting me but those we care about. If I end up in hospital it could affect the care of a family member I care about. Nurses looking after me less to look after a family member.
Sounds a bit brutal but that's what's needed. Sure I know my kids worry and they worry about me. By staying safe it's one thing less for them to worry about.
Despite a view on here by some it's a generation that does care.
Its tougher the change if kids caring for parents as opposed to the other way is normally a slow process. It is need a quick turnaround in times like these.
I have said it before keep the social interaction in whatever way possible family Whatapp groups etc. Get kids grandkids etc visible if at all possible. Set a regular time day whatever something to look forward too. Those with older kids explain they may find it boring but it helps the elderly relative.
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Old boy who lives opposite me, must be mid 80s, always goes to the pub with his son on Monday.

They still did it this Monday. All it takes is one barman to have the virus and not wash his hands, and he's almost certainly be in massive trouble.

Baffling stubbornness.
Weíve had words with my wifeís parents. A ridiculous amount of underlying health problems for both of them - triple heart bypass, prostate issues, chemotherapy history, bladder removal - you name it. They went to church on Sunday and even after a bollocking for that, went to the garden centre yesterday. Intelligent people.

Well, I thought they were

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I’m pleased that some nurseries will remain open for emergency services staff. My daughter mentioned that they also very young kids with special needs, those in extreme poverty, within families with difficult situations at home and those in the adoption process.
Old 18-03-2020, 09:19 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Point of order. The over 80s, who are most at risk aren’t boomers and they spent the first years of their life being bombed. And several years on rationing.

In fact only 4 years of the quarantined group are boomers and the rest spent the beginning of their childhood being bombed and a good period on rationing.

I would argue that our generation had it easier than the vast majority of those over 70 being quarantined.
Absolutely right. However, the downside of that is the common attitude amongst the 'war children' that they've seen worse. It manifests itself as obstinacy, a stubbornness that defies reality. And with our 80, 88 and 90 year-olds, two of whom we act as primary carers for (shopping, cooking, cleaning and bathing etc) it is not helpful.

Last edited by Stellavista; 18-03-2020 at 09:31 PM.
Old 18-03-2020, 09:21 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
Yeah, not happening in May/June but could still in theory be pushed back to July/August I think?
So are you going to carry on teaching for those exams? I have two GCSE students in my job. I wasn't sure what we will be expected to do with them now.
Old 18-03-2020, 09:22 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Are you at least able to take a sufficient amount of vitamin D? According to a meta-analysis by the BMJ vitamin D supplementation cut the risk of respiratory tract infections by 50% in people that were deficient and by 10% in people with normal vitamin D levels.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Weíve had words with my wifeís parents. A ridiculous amount of underlying health problems for both of them - triple heart bypass, prostate issues, chemotherapy history, bladder removal - you name it. They went to church on Sunday and even after a bollocking for that, went to the garden centre yesterday. Intelligent people.

Well, I thought they were
I'm lucky my parents are taking it seriously. My Dad has just finished treatment for prostate cancer and in his mid 70s, so I'm pleased he's not being stubborn.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 18-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Ridiculous bullshit.
Iím not saying I agree with him..... but heís got a point.

Cricket wanker.
Old 18-03-2020, 09:24 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolutely right. However, the downside of that is the common attitude amongst the 'war children' that they've seen worse. It manifests itself as obstinasy, a stubbornness that defies reality. And with our 80, 88 and 90 year-olds, two of whom we act as primary carers for (shopping, cooking, cleaning and bathing etc) it is not helpful.
Agreed. However most of them also spent most of their life susceptible to polio, tetanus, tb, measles etc. They donít get spending a portion of the time they have left getting locked away as there might be a disease out there that might kill them.

It never stopped them before so why should it stop them now particularly when given the choice a fair few would rather take their chances against catching something that might kill them vs total social isolation.

They are more scared of the isolation than they are death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Iím not saying I agree with him..... but heís got a point.
Only if we ignore that the vast majority of them arenít boomers.
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Best of British to you Stella, I'm not religious but I would ask him to smile on you if I was .
Thank you, SB, that's very kind. I guess, like most people in my position, I worry for my family rather than me. And there are lots of people a lot worse off. We've all got some level of stress at the moment, and I find it astonishing that some out there, and on here, regard it as a 'fuss about nothing '. If that is the case, why are they all stripping the supermarket shelves?
Old 18-03-2020, 09:26 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Yep I bet he is and trying to calm people down rather than panic or shock.

Maybe he is actually trying, taking advice of people that know and going about it the best way at the time and having the guts to change if its not working but again taking advice from people that are in the know.

Give me that any time to the negative scare mongering bollocks of how long you will be in intensive care until you die or survive
You don't think the time critical cases are critical is important to planning how many ICU beds we need?

So far he has followed a disastrous and utterly unprecedented policy of dropping community testing and going for herd immunity that will result in thousands of unneccessary deaths and 100s of thousands being infected.

But you find dealing with the horrible reality, all a bit scare mongery. We need facts, honest communication and to follow best practice.

As WHO knew
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolutely right. However, the downside of that is the common attitude amongst the 'war children' that they've seen worse. It manifests itself as obstinasy, a stubbornness that defies reality. And with our 80, 88 and 90 year-olds, two of whom we act as primary carers for (shopping, cooking, cleaning and bathing etc) it is not helpful.
conversely my dear old mum who is always complaining about not being able to get out due to one/some/all of the various ailments she has, have turned out to be a bit of a blessing in disguise.

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
My 90 year-old father-in-law was crestfallen when the wife told him she wouldn't be taking him on his weekly trip to the supermarket. He doesn't see that it's not a risk worth taking. But we have to stick to our guns on this one.
Is the right answer and in response to this and the one from Golf Boy... some of it is if we ignore it then it's not happening. It's how some will cope they might be old but does not mean they dont worry however much they tell you we had a good innings. I gave an earlier post on how to address it.