Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-06-2020, 08:50 AM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I s there a danger this site could get in hot water if accusations like this are chucked around
Old 23-06-2020, 08:55 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
I s there a danger this site could get in hot water if accusations like this are chucked around
Accusations about Shaun Dycke? Never heard of him
Old 23-06-2020, 08:57 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Accusations about Shaun Dycke? Never heard of him
Think he's a Transgender, cross dressing racist from Burnley.
Old 23-06-2020, 11:43 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I'm uncomfortable with people accusing SD of being a racist, he seems quite a decent, intelligent guy and a remainer I believe. I googled his name and 'racist', didn't find anything other than this article which is quite interesting and goes some way towards explaining the all white team.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Think he absolutely deserves the benefit of doubt until there's some evidence to suggest otherwise.

Dwight McNeil isnt white (his dad is black).

I met Nhakki Wells (black striker at Burnley, on loan at QPR.) signed by SD... has a lot of time for him and said he is a top manager.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

U23s seem quite mixed.

Id like SD here. He makes average players perform over perform... he would do better with better resources.
Old 23-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanee Pawnee View Post
Id have to question the fact that Burnley have no (aaron lennons very rare appearances) black players. I love all our players regardless of colour, creed, race.
But think it odd that in this day an age Burnley are whiter than white!
He builds teams to survive in the PL on a small budget. Sure, black players at the club could lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but maybe he needs white players to balance things up and give the team some brains and common sense?
Old 23-06-2020, 12:20 PM
broke my sacrophiliac

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
He builds teams to survive in the PL on a small budget. Sure, black players at the club could lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but maybe he needs white players to balance things up and give the team some brains and common sense?
Hello Uncle Ron
Old 23-06-2020, 12:22 PM
broke my sacrophiliac

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
I don't want him or Eddie Howe anywhere near our club and not because of any imagined racism but the fact they are both massively overrated.

Roy has outmanoeuvred them both many times.
Old 23-06-2020, 12:23 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepalace View Post
Hello Uncle Ron
I was hoping for 15 pages of abuse before someone let the cat out of the bag
Old 23-06-2020, 12:25 PM
broke my sacrophiliac

Quote:
I was hoping for 15 pages of abuse before someone let the cat out of the bag
Oops
Old 23-06-2020, 12:34 PM

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow colour me shocketh that this thread has been taken over by race bating
Old 23-06-2020, 12:37 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Genuine question about this implication that Dyche might not be so keen on black players. Does anyone actually know how much he is involved in the recruitment process anyway? Most managers only have a limited input on it these days.

There is also the possibility that fewer black Premier League players are keen to move up to Burnley. Which does have a bit of a reputation that last night's banner will only increase.
Old 23-06-2020, 12:39 PM
Benevolence personified

FWIW I think Dyche would be a good, solid appointment when Roy decides to retire (even if he is deemed not as tactically good as Roy by many). The kind of safe choice that Parish likes to make, understandably.
Old 23-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Genuine question about this implication that Dyche might not be so keen on black players. Does anyone actually know how much he is involved in the recruitment process anyway? Most managers only have a limited input on it these days.

There is also the possibility that fewer black Premier League players are keen to move up to Burnley. Which does have a bit of a reputation that last night's banner will only increase.
The only thing I ever remember is that not just their fan base, but a crazy proportion of the town as a whole was white. Not that this makes anyone racist, but it could be seen as unwelcoming to people of colour, whether intended or not.

That said, there have been black players playing for them, and Im not aware of any major horror stories from their experiences?
Old 23-06-2020, 01:48 PM

Jubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have never been a very strong supporter of Dyche as our manager and that article has strengthened that view. It has nothing to do with alleged racism but more to do with the fact I think he is another one trick pony very much like Howe albeit at different ends of the spectrum style wise. The element of petty control i.e. no headphones etc. seems a bit excessive and childish to me and not sure how that would go down in a new team! Roy has almost zero in common with the players lifestyle etc. but I get the feeling that Roy treats the players with respect and as adults and the players respect him for that and his extensive football knowledge.
Old 23-06-2020, 01:49 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can I sell you my house for a modest sum and then lease it back at an exorbitant rent please? You could use the rental proceeds to build a few golf courses or something.
Old 23-06-2020, 02:07 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Can I sell you my house for a modest sum and then lease it back at an exorbitant rent please? You could use the rental proceeds to build a few golf courses or something.
Actually I believe you just sold the lease to live in your house, the freehold still belongs to Vince, even if you did pay an exorbitant price and still have to pay rent.

Fore, oh and he paid for the golfs clubs previously through a special cash turnstile scheme at Palace and a ground removal process at Brentford.

Bates Hamman and Noades, they could form an entertainment troupe for the ladies - the FC community asset stripers
Old 23-06-2020, 03:03 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Only if I can also use your badge on my club.
Old 23-06-2020, 03:17 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Managerially speaking, comparing Dyche to Howe is utterly ridiculous. The former keeps his team in mid table on a shoestring budget, the latter keeps his team in mid table with a budget befitting of a side pushing for Europe. Which Bournemouth are yet to achieve, while Burnley have, 7th in 17/18.
Old 23-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
It depends on whether Im able to roam the garden in my Gucci shoes even after it rains
Old 23-06-2020, 03:38 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTuttles View Post
Wow colour me shocketh that this thread has been taken over by race bating
Equally not shocked that a reactionary, xenophobe and racist like your self would hijack the term ‘race-baiting’.

It’s a highly loaded and charged phrase used in the post-civil war, postbellum, Jim Crown South in the US to whip up hatred and ‘keep freed slaves and other blacks in their place’ via verbal and physical coercion, Race-baiting endures to this day as am electoral tactic. Subtle and now called dog-whistling, the idea is to entice generally embittered, unhappy, asocial or plain racists to vote for a right wing party - usually billionaire business backed And / or sometimes plain corrupt And sometimes without any real policies apart from gaining power - to ensure their success at the polls. It needs an ‘Other’ to work for the working class and others to vote against their own interests whilst the beneficiaries make money Eg dismantling NHS, de-reg workplace and Business to make more Profit, no contracts, no rights, hedge funds, betting on the markets, insider trading See Brexit, passim, Trump, Turkey, Russia.

Race-baiting was of course Most Infamous in Weimar and subsequently Third Reich Germany, there though the objective was to extinguish a race of people, not to use it solely as a means to an end. But that too was ‘race-baiting’.

Here of course to a lesser extent the Mail and The Sun are proficient users, if more subtle users of race baiiting than would have been found in Der Volkishe Beobachter, a notorious Jew-baiting paper that even prominent nazis were ashamed of.

So ‘race-baiting’ is very much used in the 20C and since largely in authoritarian or totalitarian governments of the right.

‘Race-baiting’ rarely If ever used to any extent by black or brown peoeple against whites, not in modern societies or those with any form of power. Which is the point of race-baiting - to ensure supremacy, keep x down and keep me/my party/my government popular with my hatred of x.

So, to conclude, the time can’t come soon enough when thickos like yourself, though you may be unemployed or poor or retired or in straightened circumstances, realise as a white person you cannot be subject to ‘race-baiting’. The requisite power balance is not there. Not in the terms explained here.

Furthermore the discussion on here is about ‘race’. That doesn’t mean it’s ‘racist’. To describe a white person, anyone, as a racist or a organisation is not ‘race-baiting’.

That’s An embarrassing, ignorant and offensive term.

Do you like supporting Palace? Do you see the possible paradoxEs, looking at your views and your opinions? Am not sure you even understand what I am driving at do you.

I wish I didn’t have to share a country with such narrow minded bigots as yourself. Try and educate yourself. It brings some enlightenment and life lived less in pain and ignorance.