Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 15-06-2020, 05:20 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I still think it's unlikely Wilf will go this summer. I've been of that opinion for all of the previous transfer windows and I see nothing to change that now.
If anything I think recent events make it even more unlikely that another club will match our valuation.
Old 15-06-2020, 05:21 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
As we keep saying - we just have to enjoy it while we can and maybe dampen down the - he loves us more than anything stuff. He's just a legend nothing more
Football fans in general need to stop setting stupidly high standards for how much players need to care about clubs. Even Gerrard, one of the most quintessential 'loyal,' one club men wanted to ditch Liverpool for Chelsea, and was only stopped by Reds threatening him and his family.
I'm sure Messi, Giggs, Maldini, all that lot who were 'one club men' would have been happy to leave too if their sides weren't winning champions leagues and titles all over the shop.

True one club men at non-elite clubs who clearly had big interest from elsewhere but never even attempted to leave are stupidly rare and special, Totti and Le Tissier being the obvious examples. Have Palace ever really had one? Were the big boys knocking at Jim Cannon's door?

Last edited by CP-RJW; 15-06-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 15-06-2020, 05:27 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Football fans in general need to stop setting stupidly high standards for how much players need to care about clubs. Even Gerrard, one of the most quintessential 'loyal,' one club men wanted to ditch Liverpool for Chelsea, and was only stopped by Reds threatening him and his family.
I'm sure Messi, Giggs, Maldini, all that lot who were 'one club men' would have been happy to leave too if their sides weren't winning champions leagues and titles all over the shop.

True one club men at non-elite clubs who clearly had interest from elsewhere but never even attempted to leave are stupidly rare and special, Totti and Le Tissier being the obvious examples.
Spot on. For a player it is a JOB and therefore their commitment to it depends on various things, in fact much like the things that matter to the rest of us - are you better off elsewhere, not just money, but prospects, location, all sorts of things. Fans just think that if a player isn't 100% in love with the club we should feck them off and replace them with someone else who (apparently) is. Who loves their job/employer so much that they are happy all the time I ask you!
Old 15-06-2020, 05:34 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Were the big boys knocking at Jim Cannon's door?
Nah. But in his day players were kind of slaves to clubs. Instead of reading of rumours about players coming or going, 2 clubs could agree a deal and a player was off whether he liked it or not pretty much. In 1980 when Venables went to QPR, I can remember seeing the paper one day and he had just nabbed a bunch of our players, just like that!
Old 16-06-2020, 02:03 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Yep...

...Sansom, Wright, Freedman all seem examples where the decision was made by the club owners rather than the player.

Oblivious players seemed to just be told that the club had accepted an offer and they should pack their bags. Freedman said as much in his interview.

Hilaire even said he was told to buy Sansom's car so that Kenny could pay off some gambling debts...lol

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-06-2020, 06:00 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Nah. But in his day players were kind of slaves to clubs. Instead of reading of rumours about players coming or going, 2 clubs could agree a deal and a player was off whether he liked it or not pretty much. In 1980 when Venables went to QPR, I can remember seeing the paper one day and he had just nabbed a bunch of our players, just like that!
About 5-6 wasn’t it
Old 16-06-2020, 06:26 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
About 5-6 wasn’t it
Players I remember moving from Palace to QPR in a short space of time

John Burridge
Clive Allen
Mike Flanagan
Terry Fenwick
Tony Sealey
Old 16-06-2020, 07:50 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wasn't even that long ago.

If you watch the Freedman interview on the Palace site he talks several time about managers phoning him up and telling him he had been sold to x y or z.

Player power has exploded really in the last 10-15 years.
Old 16-06-2020, 08:19 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Players I remember moving from Palace to QPR in a short space of time

John Burridge
Clive Allen
Mike Flanagan
Terry Fenwick
Tony Sealey
Maybe wicks ? Or did he join us from them. Think they took coaching staff too .
Old 16-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Wicks came the other way, and a bit later, I think.
Old 16-06-2020, 09:06 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
IIRC (which I probably don't!!) Venables paid 800k for Wicks to come to us from QPR, then when TV moved to QPR, paid Palace 300k to take wicks with him, thereby losing us a cool half a million. He also nabbed Allen for QPR for 500k I believe, having paid Arsenal 1 million (equivalent of) to bring him to Palace in the Sansom swap deal, thereby losing us another half a million.
Old 16-06-2020, 11:08 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep delayed at the DIY store.
Old 17-06-2020, 10:31 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Arsenal were shit tonight and Pepe didn't ever get a game ..... if he is 70 odd million then Wilf should be a Billion..
Old 18-06-2020, 01:11 AM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Arsenal were shit tonight and Pepe didn't ever get a game ..... if he is 70 odd million then Wilf should be a Billion..
Agent Luiz!!!
Crystal Ball Top 20 2018/2019
Crystal Ball WINNER! 2019/2020

Vote Moo moo2
Old 18-06-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Cheers as genuinely couldn’t remember
Old 18-06-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglebob View Post
IIRC (which I probably don't!!) Venables paid 800k for Wicks to come to us from QPR, then when TV moved to QPR, paid Palace 300k to take wicks with him, thereby losing us a cool half a million. He also nabbed Allen for QPR for 500k I believe, having paid Arsenal 1 million (equivalent of) to bring him to Palace in the Sansom swap deal, thereby losing us another half a million.
Tv is a scumbag
Old 18-06-2020, 09:34 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The only way to describe what Venables did to CPFC when moving to QPR, it felt he was raping the club of its talent sounds harsh and crude but true and i lost all respect for him after that. But sadly it is what happens in a lot of cases as managers like to work with players they are comfortable working with, also in his defence we sold at giveaway fees because we needed to raise funds desperately.
Old 18-06-2020, 01:12 PM

Madden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMadden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMadden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMadden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMadden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMadden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMadden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMadden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMadden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMadden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMadden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
The only way to describe what Venables did to CPFC when moving to QPR, it felt he was raping the club of its talent sounds harsh and crude but true and i lost all respect for him after that.
Warnock was close to doing the same, taking Clint Hill and Shaun Derry and sounded like he tried hard for Jules and Darren Ambrose as,well!
Old 19-06-2020, 07:48 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-06-2020, 07:53 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Jenas can **** off