Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 23-05-2020, 04:55 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Wilf has said nothing about wanting to leave or being unhappy at Palace where he still has a long contract.

It is purely some fans and media speculating at what might happen.

COYP
Old 23-05-2020, 04:59 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Other than putting in a transfer request, and recently Arteta let slip they’d spoken about him going to Arsenal.

Let’s not be naive about this, Wilf will ask to go again if the right deal appeals to him. But, in the current situation, this might be less likely to come forward now.
Old 23-05-2020, 05:01 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Nah. Look at the points gap between 5th and 17th. Minimal gulf inequality through the squads too. Theyíll be fighting for Europa spots from the beginning.
Don't see it. Newcastle have absolutely over-achieved with the squad they have. Bruce had done a tremendous job.

Most PL teams have a solid 4 tor 7 really high quality players, that if you add another 4 or 5 to you can challenge the top 6.

I mean we have Guita, Cahill, Sakho, PVA and Zaha - if we could add a world class left back, two midfielders and a centre forward - we could easily compete for a top 7 place.

Newcastle have none or maybe 1 or 2 at a stretch, they would need to add 8-10 players not 4 or 5 to challenge and that's just not happening.
Old 23-05-2020, 05:02 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
recently Arteta let slip theyíd spoken about him going to Arsenal.
I thought it was Unai Emery that said that, Arteta would have been at Man City last summer
Old 23-05-2020, 05:20 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
I thought it was Unai Emery that said that, Arteta would have been at Man City last summer
Sorry yes, thatís who I meant!

Iím still getting used to Wenger not being there.
Old 23-05-2020, 05:46 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Don't see it. Newcastle have absolutely over-achieved with the squad they have. Bruce had done a tremendous job.

Most PL teams have a solid 4 tor 7 really high quality players, that if you add another 4 or 5 to you can challenge the top 6.

I mean we have Guita, Cahill, Sakho, PVA and Zaha - if we could add a world class left back, two midfielders and a centre forward - we could easily compete for a top 7 place.

Newcastle have none or maybe 1 or 2 at a stretch, they would need to add 8-10 players not 4 or 5 to challenge and that's just not happening.
Whether they have over or under-achieved depends if you pray at the church of Benitez or not.

I think Benitez was vastly over-rated Newcastle. Many had them to disappear without a trace after he left.
Old 23-05-2020, 07:19 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace are a better side than Newcastle as we showed when we beat them shortly before the season was suspended and we also were the better team in their totally undeserved late win at St James Park.

COYP
Old 25-05-2020, 09:56 PM
I've broken bad

bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bgh2172 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
If it all gets up and running and we have a good finish, I think he'll stay.
Old 26-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I'd resigned myself to him going this summer, I just hope it doesn't turn into a saga
Old 26-05-2020, 12:35 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
I think Covid means he'll be here for another year at least
Old 26-05-2020, 12:50 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
His value will decline after this summer due to his age. Its a big decision to make - does Parish cash in and rebuild a new younger team (and no guarantee that works)
Old 26-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I'd resigned myself to him going this summer, I just hope it doesn't turn into a saga
Itís defo going to turn into one.
We have a price and no one will be able to afford it.
Leaves only one situation, which is him forcing a move.
Old 26-05-2020, 01:06 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
His value will decline after this summer due to his age. Its a big decision to make - does Parish cash in and rebuild a new younger team (and no guarantee that works)

This might be the last chance to get a big wedge for him. Newcastle wonít be able to attract the top tier players... Zaha is probably the best player they could get. Anything around £60m... we should take.
Old 26-05-2020, 01:42 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
This might be the last chance to get a big wedge for him. Newcastle wonít be able to attract the top tier players... Zaha is probably the best player they could get. Anything around £60m... we should take.
Iím not sure anybody would pay £30m for him this summer given Covid and his wages. Teams will be able to find a lot more value than what we want for Wilf.
Old 26-05-2020, 01:46 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Leaves only one situation, which is him forcing a move.
Palace have snookered him, he isn't going anywhere unless it's on our terms, that is why he is still here now
Old 26-05-2020, 01:59 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Iím not sure anybody would pay £30m for him this summer given Covid and his wages. Teams will be able to find a lot more value than what we want for Wilf.
In a nutshell this. Reports about slashing wage bills are rife and teams that have huge amounts of match day revenue are going to be relatively harder hit then we are. Of course it works both ways, we wont be paying near as much either so its all relative.
Old 26-05-2020, 02:18 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i think he'll be off to Chelsea and we'll have already spent the money before next season kicks off
Old 26-05-2020, 03:35 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Palace have snookered him, he isn't going anywhere unless it's on our terms, that is why he is still here now
I think you underestimate player power
Old 26-05-2020, 07:32 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I think you underestimate player power
In this case yes. Player power works when a really big club comes in with a reasonable ish offer, or a player is near the end of his deal but he is halfway through his and so far no big offer from anyone big
Old 27-05-2020, 05:50 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Sorry yes, thatís who I meant!

Iím still getting used to Wenger not being there.
So are they!