Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 27-05-2020, 06:19 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
I think Covid means he'll be here for another year at least
A year is far too long to be in quarantine.
Old 27-05-2020, 06:26 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
One more year is a long time at his age.

I feel he is at the tipping point now.

Or perhaps CPFC are at the tipping point of getting a big fee.

This summer is/was the last chance of that 70m I reckon.

You can knock 20m+ off of that for Jan 2021.

Unless he hits some startling form.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 28-05-2020, 06:20 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

We have never been getting, and never will get, £70m for him
Old 28-05-2020, 07:24 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A much more realistic fee for Wilf in these difficult financial times will be around £40m maximum, especially if based on his form over the past YEAR also he is going on 28? so his performances is most likely to be going backwards.
Any club that is willing to pay fees anything north of £60m plus will be looking at players around 22yrs old that offers a sell on value, also there arent many clubs that will be willing to do so in these tough times.
Maybe the answer is for Both club and player accepting for all concerned its best he stays, afterall when Palace pay back what is due to Man Utd also knowing how important he is the Palace cause and what it would cost to find an adequate replacement. As for the player, he would not actually be a pauper if staying and on the wages he is paid currently which will be difficult to be bettered elsewhere as i dont see any of the Top Six clubs coming in now. Maybe the compromise for Wilf to accept is he has missed the boat and to now settle down and focus on the club that has always looked after him and is adored by its fans, and a club that he himself has always had an affinity with and huge affection for but sadly one that could never offer him regular European football is the reality.
Stick with us Wilf, back his ambitions Palace Board in the transfer market, and as a club we can aim for being a Top Eight club which is the best we can realistically hope to be.
Old 28-05-2020, 07:47 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

Regardless of the pandemic, we'd have been looking at closer to 40m for him after his recent form.
Old 28-05-2020, 11:37 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
For players like him, he is probably now at his peak or even just a tiny bit past it. Whilst he has more to his game than just pace, pace is a big part of it and within the next few years he will naturally start to slow down.

If he stays this Summer, and I could see that happening, I don't think he will stay with us until retirement or a move to America.
Old 11-06-2020, 03:21 AM
Interloper

Moose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
BBC Gossip today quoting 90mins that PSG are interested - now they've got some cash...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-06-2020, 06:18 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Looks like a rehash of old old story. Really don’t think he would get in the PSG team.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:30 AM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
BBC Gossip today quoting 90mins that PSG are interested - now they've got some cash...

His agent wishes
Old 11-06-2020, 09:45 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
If PSG sold Neymar it would make sense. But PSG like names not players
Old 11-06-2020, 10:31 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I know what you mean but they have so pretty decent players!

Not sure I'd want to fill the void left by Neymar.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:41 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Psg would be a great move. Commute via eurostar.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:39 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Regardless of the pandemic, we'd have been looking at closer to 40m for him after his recent form.
Agree, but the reduced valuation is due to the recent deeper position he has been playing for the team:

Playing in a 3 means he is about 30m further back than last season when he played up top in a 2 and, crucially, it means he receives the ball with the defence set and more players between him and their goal (playing in a 2 often meant he received the ball on the counter against the last line of defence). Ayew has been the beneficiary this season, as he is often in the position that Zaha was in last season.

If PSG were interested for £40m, and knowing that Roy now wants Wilf to track back into the full back position, I'd take it. Think it would be a good move for him as he speaks French, and from a fans perspective it would be galling to see him turn out for most of the big clubs in England. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Wilf to stay forever and be utilized further forward but it's not going to happen.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:52 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post

Iíve been saying it for a long time, they defo enquired about him.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:26 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I know what you mean but they have so pretty decent players!

Not sure I'd want to fill the void left by Neymar.
Unfit, 54, overweight and not that much skill to begin with, for £200k a week for 3 years I would be quite happy to play football in Paris 8 months a year*.

*assuming I don't get an international call up
Old 11-06-2020, 12:32 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Suspect they would aim higher than wilf
Old 11-06-2020, 12:33 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Does anyone recomember when the BBS decided he was going to join Chelsea this summer?
Old 12-06-2020, 01:19 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Does anyone recomember when the BBS decided he was going to join Chelsea this summer?
Think that would have been his destination if they hadnít got Ziyach (sp?) from Ajax for a much smaller fee then wilf would have cost.

Personally think unless a European club such as PSG come in he will be with us for rest of his career. Canít see any top PL paying the fee for him
Old 12-06-2020, 01:50 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes

There have also been many deals for Wilf involving multiple players in part exchange plus cash too!
Old 12-06-2020, 02:03 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think that the £40m plus Batshuyai that we all agreed on was fair enough. It would've gone through too were it not for all the pesky bureaucracy