Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-06-2020, 12:34 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
£40m for Zaha?

Average full backs go for that these days.

He’s in his prime years and is proven at this level. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be worth £50-60m.

However, the problem as ever is that he’s worth more to us than we could probably hope to sell him for.
These days is not quite the same days as the last transfer window. Only when players start moving clubs again will we know his market value.
Old 13-06-2020, 02:21 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
I think you need good timing and some luck to get the right transfer deal. For example the guy that went from Swansea to Everton for £55m, no one else would have paid that and Everton had fresh money.
There just hasn't been the right club at the right time and there's every chance that may not happen now.
I agree. There was just this strange assumption by a lot of people on here that when other offers for Wilf didn't work for us last summer, we could just expect Chelsea to come in and provide one that does as soon as their embargo was over.
Old 13-06-2020, 02:22 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
£40m for Zaha?

Average full backs go for that these days.

He’s in his prime years and is proven at this level. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be worth £50-60m.

However, the problem as ever is that he’s worth more to us than we could probably hope to sell him for.
Show me an average full back, particularly one who is over 27 who went for 40m recently. Thanks in advance.
Old 13-06-2020, 02:25 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
There are parts of your assessments i agree with, unfortunately when we talk of current value we cant help to ignore just how poor he has been since his head was turned after the failure to move to Arsenal and even Everton, eventhough they have Both been poor and one is below us in the table which sadly showed his desperation to move regardless.
If he is still determined to move this summer then he needs to be moved on as an underperforming Zaha is wasted and expensive talent for CPFC, but who buys him? as he can only be valued on his form over the past season which has been poor, so i would say that is around £35m, then if you add his hefty wages there wont be many takers in these harsh financial times.
Wilf Zaha needs to accept his days at the very top Internationally is finished after choosing the Ivory Coast, also any chance of a move to a premiership top 5 club is remote and despite reports of PSG being interested for me is pie in the sky and only mentioned because of his new agents connections.
Stay at Palace Wilf and knuckle down but where you are appreciated by fans and management, you are very highly paid, but also accept you have missed the boat of a top move by 2 years, and if Palace for their part can bring in quality additions played alongside him then we are ALL on to a winner.
I agree. If he wanted to push for a big move I think he probably did it 12 months too late as well. He was a hot property as a 25 year old who had a great finish to the 17/18 season. He was a year older and not in as good form when he did try to push for it 12 months. Now the demand will be even less. For the price we will demand there are hotter, younger properties around now.
Old 13-06-2020, 02:27 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
PSG could buy Wilf for 40/50m with the intention of him being a squad player and still afford one of Sane/mane/sancho for example.

This might be wilfs best hope of ever getting a chance to prove himself at a higher level and our only chance of getting a significant fee for him.
If they were doing that I would expect that squad player to be a younger player who may become a regular for them in the future. It isn't impossible but I think PSG and any other club can find better value out there than 40/50m for Wilf.
Old 13-06-2020, 02:43 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Arsenal thought they had bought better value than Wilf .... how did that work out for them .... Pepe is crap.
72 million ... hahaha! He's Millwall level.
Old 13-06-2020, 06:37 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Show me an average full back, particularly one who is over 27 who went for 40m recently. Thanks in advance.
27 is prime time. He’s at the top of his game. I hope we don’t roll over and have our bellies tickled. I doubt we’ll sell him unless we get a big offer. Why would we...
Old 13-06-2020, 06:38 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
We have been holding all the cards for the last 2 years since he signed that contract, it's not a case of him deciding whether he stays with us, it's whether we decide to sell him, which is only going to happen if the deal is right for the club.
Yep, agree with that.
Old 13-06-2020, 07:05 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
We have been holding all the cards for the last 2 years since he signed that contract, it's not a case of him deciding whether he stays with us, it's whether we decide to sell him, which is only going to happen if the deal is right for the club.
And that ship has sailed.
Old 13-06-2020, 07:07 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Arsenal thought they had bought better value than Wilf .... how did that work out for them .... Pepe is crap.
72 million ... hahaha! He's Millwall level.
He isn't crap and he is a lot younger than Wilf. I think they overpaid but time will tell.
Old 13-06-2020, 07:07 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
27 is prime time. He’s at the top of his game. I hope we don’t roll over and have our bellies tickled. I doubt we’ll sell him unless we get a big offer. Why would we...
You have still completely failed to give me an example of an average full back who has gone for 40m.

Form wise Wilf hasn't been at the top of his game for about 18 months. Age wise he should be at his peak but that doesn't change the fact the fact he is unlikely to improve much either.
Old 13-06-2020, 07:22 PM
selhurst massive

eagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You have still completely failed to give me an example of an average full back who has gone for 40m.

Form wise Wilf hasn't been at the top of his game for about 18 months. Age wise he should be at his peak but that doesn't change the fact the fact he is unlikely to improve much either.
IMPROVE ? If Wilf gets back to his best we could be pushing for the European places THIS season , THATS why he shouldn’t be bracketed alongside average players , no matter what part of the pitch or the team.

He’s a game changer , we know it & so do all the other teams , that’s why they either try to sign him , double or triple up on him or do whatever they can to unsettle him (Watford mascot) he’d be far harder to replace than he’d ever be to sell

COYP
Old 13-06-2020, 07:39 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not 27,but 26. Cancelo man City. Very average. £60m
Old 13-06-2020, 08:08 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Not 27,but 26. Cancelo man City. Very average. £60m
He was borderline world class in his one season at Juve, and always very good at Valencia, which is surely all that’s relevant in this discussion. Regardless, it’s a tad harsh to write him off as very average after less than a season of sporadic appearances.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 13-06-2020 at 08:11 PM.
Old 13-06-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:

It was a throw away line. But I see Cancelo has been suggested which is a good shout.

I don’t think that’s right re wilf not being at the top of his game for 18 months - he carried us last season in particular.
Old 13-06-2020, 08:54 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
They’ve had long enough to prepare for Wilf leaving.
Old 13-06-2020, 10:10 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
He isn't crap and he is a lot younger than Wilf. I think they overpaid but time will tell.
Hardly a lot 25 to Wilfs 27 and a half... he's crap and cannot go past a defender anything like Wilf can.
Old 14-06-2020, 07:41 AM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle69 View Post
IMPROVE ? If Wilf gets back to his best we could be pushing for the European places THIS season , THATS why he shouldn’t be bracketed alongside average players , no matter what part of the pitch or the team.

He’s a game changer , we know it & so do all the other teams , that’s why they either try to sign him , double or triple up on him or do whatever they can to unsettle him (Watford mascot) he’d be far harder to replace than he’d ever be to sell

COYP
18 months is along time to wait for him to get back to his best
Old 14-06-2020, 08:21 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McGregor View Post
I think his pace has started to go already. Either that our he has been instructed to play deeper and then faces numerous opponents before he gets near the final third. Or he can't be arsed to try to go past people following last close season's failed transfer attempt. He is much more effective getting the ball in the final third and running at/past people.
Certainly there has been some frustration in recent games as invariably Wilf receives the ball with his back to a player who is already up his backside.

Watching from Block C with Palace attacking the Holmesdale it is obviously easier to see the various options open to us although Wilf has tended to remain fairly static and close to his player rather than finding the space. That in turn has slowed down the counterattack as we have few options elsewhere or the ball is passed to Wilf who now has two players on him.

Admittedly 5 minutes later it looks as though he is interested again and does something wonderful.

The lack of goals, so far this season, is the main reason his value has fallen.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 14-06-2020, 08:47 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Certainly there has been some frustration in recent games as invariably Wilf receives the ball with his back to a player who is already up his backside.

Watching from Block C with Palace attacking the Holmesdale it is obviously easier to see the various options open to us although Wilf has tended to remain fairly static and close to his player rather than finding the space. That in turn has slowed down the counterattack as we have few options elsewhere or the ball is passed to Wilf who now has two players on him.

Admittedly 5 minutes later it looks as though he is interested again and does something wonderful.

The lack of goals, so far this season, is the main reason his value has fallen.
Think his lack of goals throughout has been a stumbling block.