Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MoM
Guaita 0 0%
Ward 28 14.00%
Dann 41 20.50%
Cahill 11 5.50%
van Aanholt 9 4.50%
Milivojevic 1 0.50%
Kouyaté * 0 0%
McArthur 51 25.50%
Townsend ** 8 4.00%
Zaha 6 3.00%
Ayew 8 4.00%
* McCarthy 3 1.50%
** Meyer 34 17.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-06-2020, 03:59 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I’d like to see Jairo in an AM position. The guy has a real touch of class about him.
Old 30-06-2020, 05:26 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Ward MOM

Guita 2 horrible performance that cost us a point

Luka 0 utterly pathetic

Wilf 3 Didn't look bothered

Cahill 4 his worst game for us

Dann 5

The rest, a mass of nothingness

Roy - at least try something different for once, please
Old 30-06-2020, 06:11 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I shall probably get shot down in flames for this but I have always preferred to watch Zaha on the right where he can attack defenders with a more natural flow to his game. Although his left foot has improved somewhat over the years it is still significantly his weaker side, defenders know this and they know he will prefer to cut inside where he can be crowded out.

I suppose at some point Zaha himself has said he prefers the left. I never picked up on that. My recollection is that he was once again flying on the right in the early part of the 16/17 season whereas Townsend was struggling on the left. For some reason Pardew swapped them over to boost Townsend's output which sort of worked (especially when Allardyce took over) and it stuck, we have kind of got used to it. But every time Zaha moves back over the the right we get a glimpse of how he used to play out there.

I also don't buy this second striker ) free role stuff with him, he's just not a good enough finisher. My personal view is that if he'd stayed on the right wing throughout his career and played to his strengths there while continuing to work on his weaknesses, he'd be a more potent force than he is today. I feel kind of sad sometimes watching how he plays these days compared to a few years ago, used to love watching him just pick the ball up from Wardy in a deep position and start bulldozing his way forward.

Anyway, the above is probably a load of bollocks as I say.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:19 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
I think only MacArthur came out if that game with any credit. The rest were well below the level expected.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:19 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
In the past when our wingers have had no joy on a flank, they have swapped wings. This didn't happen last night until Townsend went off. Instant success for wilf. Why don't they change wings more often? Always think wilf is better on the right.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:26 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Max Meyer ran the game at Selhurst last year, was his best performance in a Palace shirt for me. Dwight McNeil was having the same effect for them this time around, can see the difference sprinkling just a modicum of technical quality in to a midfield full of grafters on both sides.

I turned it off at HT and knew I’d made the right decision when my old man told me James McCarthy was coming on and not Max. I don’t regret it.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:26 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Where to start?

I see a lot of blame for Guita but look at it the other way and Mee has to score from there. You have to look at McCarthy letting Mee get away from him for an explanation for that goal. Yet another player that we've got in 2 years after his sell by date.

I also see a lot of praise for McArthur, everyone loves a trier but all I see is a lot of huff and puff little else.

In fairness the back line wasn't that bad, Dann had a few eye catching moments but a bit of protection from the midfield would've helped.

So easy for Dyche just double up on Zaha and there's nothing else to worry about.

The only positive was that they tried far harder than against Liverpool, which frankly was a bit of a disgrace.

I really can't pick out an MoM.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:29 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I shall probably get shot down in flames for this but I have always preferred to watch Zaha on the right where he can attack defenders with a more natural flow to his game. Although his left foot has improved somewhat over the years it is still significantly his weaker side, defenders know this and they know he will prefer to cut inside where he can be crowded out.

I suppose at some point Zaha himself has said he prefers the left. I never picked up on that. My recollection is that he was once again flying on the right in the early part of the 16/17 season whereas Townsend was struggling on the left. For some reason Pardew swapped them over to boost Townsend's output which sort of worked (especially when Allardyce took over) and it stuck, we have kind of got used to it. But every time Zaha moves back over the the right we get a glimpse of how he used to play out there.

I also don't buy this second striker ) free role stuff with him, he's just not a good enough finisher. My personal view is that if he'd stayed on the right wing throughout his career and played to his strengths there while continuing to work on his weaknesses, he'd be a more potent force than he is today. I feel kind of sad sometimes watching how he plays these days compared to a few years ago, used to love watching him just pick the ball up from Wardy in a deep position and start bulldozing his way forward.

Anyway, the above is probably a load of bollocks as I say.
Not at all, I agree with that. He's shoe horned in on the left to accommodate Townsend on the right. You end up with 2 wingers that want to cut in all the time. Iss bollocks init.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:34 AM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I’d like to see Jairo in an AM position. The guy has a real touch of class about him.
I have no clue what this bloke has to do to get a game. Its not as though the players in front of him are tearing up trees.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:34 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENTALLY TOUGH View Post
Thought the chap spraying the goals deserved it. Not seen some one hitting the target with such precision for years at Selhurst.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:35 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
Hodgson has probably got one more year before he retires so I reckon we will hedge our bets and hope he keeps us up again on a shoestring. Just my opinion
Tend to agree, but this will leave his replacement with a thankless task. Ageing squad, will need a massive war chest and can't see where that would come from
Old 30-06-2020, 06:40 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Everyone crap
Not far wrong. The team had no drive.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:48 AM

CpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
come on roy give meyer and jairo a game in midfield with mccarther! cant be any worse than that pile of shite! love Roy, but god is he stubborn sometimes!
Old 30-06-2020, 06:50 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Not at all, I agree with that. He's shoe horned in on the left to accommodate Townsend on the right. You end up with 2 wingers that want to cut in all the time. Iss bollocks init.
The frustrating (and crazy) thing for me is that we have effectively been playing our star player out of position for the past four seasons, in order to accommodate a guy on the other wing who oscillates between mediocre and quite good.

I know Zaha has played further forward at times to reasonable effect out of necessity, but as I say he is neither a natural finisher nor a particularly creative passer. His biggest asset is taking on and beating defenders, and to me that is the most visceral pleasure one can get from watching football apart from the goals themselves. I used to just love watching him in full flight but it doesn't happen as frequently these days. As Glaziers Fan says that probably just reflects how he has modified and improved his all round game but it seems a shame to me.
Old 30-06-2020, 06:51 AM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
After the game, my partner put on something with Peter Andre at home during lockdown putting together what looked like a rabbit hutch, it was vastly more entertaining than watching Palace.

Meyer’s cameo was the best of a very bad bunch.
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
It’s fine, providing you have fullbacks capable of an overlap / providing an attacking option.

In fact it doesn’t need to be the fullbacks, but it needs to be someone. Otherwise your winger is just running into a crowd when he cuts inside.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by churley1988 View Post
A dose of reality, I know Burnley have their injury problems and it’s easier to play in away games in those situations as you just sit back and keep the ball, which they did pretty well to their credit.

The trouble is, our injury problems are only an issue because our squad is so thin even with a fully fit squad, especially with the 9 sub rule.

The fact we have 42 points is impressive because the lack of spending this season was seriously underwhelming. I know we’ll make a loss potentially by being a bit more ambitious next season but we’ll end up finishing about 13th this season if we’re lucky. The prize money alone for finishing 8th is enough for a decent player to have an another option which we badly needed tonight but we haven’t spent anything of note for some time.

Slight if’s and but’s in my analogy and I know football is still a business but the setup really came home to roost tonight, I hope it’s addressed next season.
Yes but first half they didn’t they pressed us and we can’t cope with a good press .
Old 30-06-2020, 06:53 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
The frustrating (and crazy) thing for me is that we have effectively been playing our star player out of position for the past four seasons, in order to accommodate a guy on the other wing who oscillates between mediocre and quite good.

I know Zaha has played further forward at times to reasonable effect out of necessity, but as I say he is neither a natural finisher nor a particularly creative passer. His biggest asset is taking on and beating defenders, and to me that is the most visceral pleasure one can get from watching football apart from the goals themselves. I used to just love watching him in full flight but it doesn't happen as frequently these days. As Glaziers Fan says that probably just reflects how he has modified and improved his all round game but it seems a shame to me.
Partly true but due to injury was playing within himself , not flat out
Old 30-06-2020, 07:15 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Roy - at least try something different for once, please
We play pretty much the same way, whoever the opposition is.

Yes, the players were poor last night, but I feel Roy must take the majority of the blame for such negative tactics against a Burnley side that were so hampered by injuries that they couldn't even fill a full bench.

To sit back and allow Burnley to dictate play, just threw away the initiative right from the first whistle.
Closing down was non-existent and that just gave them time to pick out their passes and retain possession.

On the other hand, Dyche had his players at our heals every time we gained possession. We were pressured into mistakes and they kept winning the ball back. Luka was particularly guilty. They were far more positive and deserved their win.

We need a fresh approach and some young hungry talent. I fear for us if we go another transfer window with little activity.

Thoroughly dejected this morning.

Last edited by jhc; 30-06-2020 at 07:17 AM.
Old 30-06-2020, 07:24 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Partly true but due to injury was playing within himself , not flat out
Up until drinks in the first half he didn't seem to be playing at all, I thought he'd been subbed off for about ten minutes and was surprised to see him still on.