Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MoM
Guaita 0 0%
Ward 27 13.57%
Dann 41 20.60%
Cahill 11 5.53%
van Aanholt 9 4.52%
Milivojevic 1 0.50%
Kouyaté * 0 0%
McArthur 51 25.63%
Townsend ** 8 4.02%
Zaha 6 3.02%
Ayew 8 4.02%
* McCarthy 3 1.51%
** Meyer 34 17.09%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-06-2020, 10:27 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
Trivial I know, but am I the only one who gets more and more annoyed by Andros' hair and beard the worse he plays? Sort it out man.
LOL - It si one of the least understandable fashion choices isn't it. It always reminds me of the Simpsons.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:28 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Because Roy has far better players at his disposal than Dyche does.

Man for man which Burnley players would you put in the Palace starting XI?

Pope might edge out Guaita but he is one of our best players this season.

Mee might get in ahead of Dann but i would generally have Cahill over both their CBs.

Would you take any of their midfielders over ours? I would take McNeil over Zaha at the moment but IMO Roy has ruined him as he has our strikers. Benteke has more PL pedigree than Wood or Barnes, the difference is Dyche knows how to get the best out of them and play to their strengths.

They were bare bones, only 12 fit senior pros and he still got more out of them than Roy did out of our lot despite a days extra rest/training and no need to travel.
Wood , Barnes , Pope ,Rodriguez , , Tarkowski , Cork , McNeill , Taylor
would all be pushing for first team starts with us . Dyche has recruited well on a very limited budget , however he also has an aging squad .
Old 30-06-2020, 10:30 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
I was hoping now we were safe we would be looking at planning ahead for next year and giving some of the fringe and youth players a look in, I'm so tired of watching Andros and have run out of any energy to support for him. Surely we can sacfirice Kouyate or Luka for Meyer just to see if he can influence our attacking play a bit more. We are screaming out for a player who will just hit a shot, we seem to pass around in the opposition box and I've no idea what they are trying to do but someone needs to just shoot.

Without a few prematch beers and having friends around in the stadium and a bit of chanting, football is really boring.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 30-06-2020, 10:32 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
McNeil looks like a very good player indeed.

Great feet, movement, confidence. Gets kicked and gets back up again. Would love him at Palace.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:33 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
LOL - It si one of the least understandable fashion choices isn't it. It always reminds me of the Simpsons.
He looks like a dosser and seems to be reflecting that on the pitch at the moment. You paid a lot for the hair transplant and it worked well, we get it mate. Now have a shave, sort that absolute mess on top of your head out and focus on getting your form back

Anyway, I digress...

Last edited by BringbackShipps; 30-06-2020 at 10:36 AM.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:34 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
It is odd that when Benteke plays we play with no width when he doesn't we throw more crosses in. I can only think this is a tactical instruction
Old 30-06-2020, 10:36 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I was hoping now we were safe we would be looking at planning ahead for next year and giving some of the fringe and youth players a look in, I'm so tired of watching Andros and have run out of any energy to support for him. Surely we can sacfirice Kouyate or Luka for Meyer just to see if he can influence our attacking play a bit more. We are screaming out for a player who will just hit a shot, we seem to pass around in the opposition box and I've no idea what they are trying to do but someone needs to just shoot.

Without a few prematch beers and having friends around in the stadium and a bit of chanting, football is really boring.
The whole thing is pretty stale in my opinion, and I think there are signs that players at most teams are running out of steam without energy from the fans.

The games are fundamentally different without fans. Less bite, fewer bigger tackles, fewer risks taken.

We always knew it was going to be a perfunctory contract obligation and it's descending into just that.

Let's get it over and done with and then never speak of this period again.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:38 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
It is odd that when Benteke plays we play with no width when he doesn't we throw more crosses in. I can only think this is a tactical instruction
I think our moves just fizzle out in to non-dangerous wide positions without him there to play off. That's my take anyway.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:39 AM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

Roy was totally out-thought by Dyche last night and showed how much better an manager he is.
Don’t be ridiculous.

We have played Burnley 5 times under Hodgson. Guess who won the other four? Yes all four. Hodgson. Did Dyche prove what a better manager he was then?

Dyche has done a great job with Burnley. As Hodgson has with Palace. One game doesn’t prove shit. That’s basic.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:42 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Wood , Barnes , Pope ,Rodriguez , , Tarkowski , Cork , McNeill , Taylor
would all be pushing for first team starts with us . Dyche has recruited well on a very limited budget , however he also has an aging squad .
Burnley's squad is only 6 months younger than ours, their average starting XI is 18 months younger than ours.

The most telling stat for me is that based on chances created by all sides, Burnley should have conceded less than us so their defence is performing as expected whereas we are over-performing. Equally despite having scored 8 more goals than us they are under-performing in front of goal whereas we are not, we are scoring what is expected from our chances. We are heavily reliant on our defence and goalkeeper performing, our attack is doing its job its just we are so desperately poor at creating chances.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:46 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Palace, Newcastle, Valladolid are the only teams to have created chances expected to score at a rate less than 1 per game across Europe's 4 big leagues that have continued after lockdown. Thats 3 of 78 clubs!
Old 30-06-2020, 10:56 AM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
Can't see how anyone would get above 5 tonight and most would be below that.
Is the right answer.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:58 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
There’s no way we can go into next season with just Benteke and Ayew.
Old 30-06-2020, 11:05 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
There’s no way we can go into next season with just Benteke and Ayew.
Indeed. Myself included we are forgetting we did sign tosun and he would have made a huge impact now. Typical he got injured as he is exactly what we need.

Hard to speculate as so much depends on who leaves, especially wilf. We also have no idea on our finances and we have no idea on transfer market values at the moment.

2 forwards... one big like benteke and one poacher like bats assuming Ben stays

1 winger if wilf stays 2 if he goes
Old 30-06-2020, 11:07 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
Can't see how anyone would get above 5 tonight and most would be below that.
Can't argue with that.

The sooner this "season" is over the better.
Old 30-06-2020, 11:07 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
McNeil looks like a very good player indeed.

Great feet, movement, confidence. Gets kicked and gets back up again. Would love him at Palace.
I know Wilf has probably injured and tired but McNeil stole the show, Wilf should be fired up at home when players like McNeil are playing well, this is his turf but it was a passionless display from him.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 30-06-2020, 11:29 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Macca didn’t play as a DM? If he did he was way out of position just because he can tackle doesn’t mean he is a DM

What was the non DM option that he had to start instead? Meyer? He has failed to make an impact in games since his arrival and continues to do so. Showing a great touch isnt enough. He more often stops and slows attacks rather than create them.

We simply don’t have those players available and our wide and front men aren’t compensating having the solid foundation either. So going to be tough end to season.
McArthur isn’t an attacking midfielder. When did he last score or create anything? As good as he is, and he is very good, he’s not a creative option.

Meyer is worth playing in the centre ahead of two from the four central midfielders we have.

At least we aren’t looking over our shoulders...
Old 30-06-2020, 11:39 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
McArthur isn’t an attacking midfielder. When did he last score or create anything? As good as he is, and he is very good, he’s not a creative option.

Meyer is worth playing in the centre ahead of two from the four central midfielders we have.

At least we aren’t looking over our shoulders...
Meyer needs players in front of him to make him worthwhile.
Macca is our best attacking MF, he’s the only one that gets in the box (Luka and Kouyate don’t.)

Ayew is our best ball carrier and can hold onto the ball. If we were more attacking we could play:

———Benteke———
Wilf—Ayew—Andros
—Max———Luka

Or

———Benteke———
Wilf —————Ayew
Max—Luka—-Macca

But Roy will I’ll never play this.
Old 30-06-2020, 11:51 AM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
He looks like a dosser and seems to be reflecting that on the pitch at the moment. You paid a lot for the hair transplant and it worked well, we get it mate. Now have a shave, sort that absolute mess on top of your head out and focus on getting your form back

Anyway, I digress...
You do realise people can't visit the barbers yet?

My hair is a bloody mess right now as well (well, the top is at least as I won't let my partner touch it).
Old 30-06-2020, 11:53 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Meyer needs players in front of him to make him worthwhile.
Macca is our best attacking MF, he’s the only one that gets in the box (Luka and Kouyate don’t.)

Ayew is our best ball carrier and can hold onto the ball. If we were more attacking we could play:

———Benteke———
Wilf—Ayew—Andros
—Max———Luka

Or

———Benteke———
Wilf —————Ayew
Max—Luka—-Macca

But Roy will I’ll never play this.
I’d be happy with that - it’s well worth tweaking our approach, especially for home games.