Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-09-2020, 02:31 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
It remains very comparable.
It is, but the problem is that most people tend to equate flu with a bad cold. Certainly I don't remember a flu outbreak that's been so leathal, contagious and prolific in the west.

Its certainly comparable to how badly Swine Flu hit places like India.
Old 20-09-2020, 02:36 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
The government strategy is not to lockdown again, but to keep education and the economy going through suppression and tight social controls.

They believe the only way out is for the 'cavalry' (Handcocks words not mine) coming to the rescue in about 6 months time in the form of mass testing in minutes/effective treatment and/or a vaccine.

They clearly have no confidence in the current track and trace system even though it makes South Korea's look puny as it is so world-beating.
I've no faith they've got any kind of real plan. Remember the 1 to 5 rating scheme that just went straight out the window. Leadership has been non existent, decisions have been absurd and enforcement ad hoc. It's like they're more focused on pleasing people than taking action
Old 20-09-2020, 02:41 PM

west eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowwest eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
it has been likened to Smallpox & measles.
Old 20-09-2020, 02:42 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
I've no faith they've got any kind of real plan. Remember the 1 to 5 rating scheme that just went straight out the window. Leadership has been non existent, decisions have been absurd and enforcement ad hoc. It's like they're more focused on pleasing people than taking action
Yeah, we’re at number 4 now which means national lockdown. I’m glad they’re doing the right thing to keep infections down. Right, I’m off to the pub.
Old 20-09-2020, 02:44 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I’m only on the train for a few hours tomorrow and in the office for a bit so I just need to hands face space and I’ll be fine
Old 20-09-2020, 02:44 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
We have a vaccine for flu, and therefore as a vaccinee, I am not scared of it, and not many others of my age are either.

CV19? Deadly for my category.
Flu is deadly for many.
Old 20-09-2020, 02:45 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
We have a vaccine for flu, and therefore as a vaccinee, I am not scared of it, and not many others of my age are either.

CV19? Deadly for my category.
Flu can kill too, even with a vaccine...surely by that logic, flu is worse?
Old 20-09-2020, 02:54 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
UK hospitals recorded another 12 coronavirus deaths, amid warnings from the Health Secretary the country is at a 'tipping point.

Health authorities today said there had been 12 fatalities in England, but none in Scotland or Wales. The figures for Northern Ireland have not yet been released.

Aged between 68 and 98 all had underlying health issues.

12 deaths “tipping point” this is madness, have we all lost our minds ?
Old 20-09-2020, 02:57 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
The Spanish are locking down hard in some areas but the 14 days quarantine is being questioned. Some of the regions want it reduced to 7 or 10. “Better to have 7 days that will be accepted than 14 days that won’t”. To view the link you have to Register or Login
It doesn’t look like they can legally do any of what they’re proposing, anyway. Neither limiting people’s movement (unless a national state of alarm is declared), nor random testing.

Do these people not check before they announce measures.
Old 20-09-2020, 02:57 PM
substitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by loz View Post
UK hospitals recorded another 12 coronavirus deaths, amid warnings from the Health Secretary the country is at a 'tipping point.

Health authorities today said there had been 12 fatalities in England, but none in Scotland or Wales. The figures for Northern Ireland have not yet been released.

Aged between 68 and 98 all had underlying health issues.

12 deaths “tipping point” this is madness, have we all lost our minds ?
I agree it is a pretty tough time mentally. I’m trying to avoid consuming too much news because it gets too much.

The reason for such concern is the exponential growth of infection and all the implications that brings. Remember that it takes weeks for people to die from Coronavirus. It’s also not just deaths that are a concern. You just need to search for #longcovid to see people suffering months after getting covid.
Old 20-09-2020, 02:58 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just read this as well, yes I am aware Sunday’s figures are usually lower.

The dates of the deaths were between April 30 and September 19, with the majority on or after September 18. Three other deaths were reported with no positive Covid-19 test result.
Old 20-09-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
I agree it is a pretty tough time mentally. I’m trying to avoid consuming too much news because it gets too much.

The reason for such concern is the exponential growth of infection and all the implications that brings. Remember that it takes weeks for people to die from Coronavirus. It’s also not just deaths that are a concern. You just need to search for #longcovid to see people suffering months after getting covid.
Yes I have heard that but is that not the same with most viruses ? Glandular fever and meningitis to name a couple.
Old 20-09-2020, 03:05 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Public Health England estimates that on average 17,000 people have died from the flu in England annually between 2014/15 and 2018/19. However, the yearly deaths vary widely from a high of 28,330 in 2014/15 to a low of 1,692 in 2018/19. Public Health England does not publish a mortality rate for the flu.
WE at least 42,000 have died in the U.K. and that’s for about six months.

So is it comparable given the above?

Seems somewhat more severe.
Old 20-09-2020, 03:10 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
It is, but the problem is that most people tend to equate flu with a bad cold. Certainly I don't remember a flu outbreak that's been so leathal, contagious and prolific in the west.

Its certainly comparable to how badly Swine Flu hit places like India.
2018 was similar and 2000 was worse for death than covid. Its just not reported.
Old 20-09-2020, 03:14 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Surely it’s best to let the second wave peak before the cold weather?
Old 20-09-2020, 03:17 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
Surely it’s best to let the second wave peak before the cold weather?
Are we not at the peak now?
Old 20-09-2020, 03:18 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
2018 was similar and 2000 was worse for death than covid. Its just not reported.
48000 excess winter deaths in 1999/00 with no lockdown

To view the link you have to Register or Login

59252 excess deaths as of June this year, with lockdown

Old 20-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
48000 excess winter deaths in 1999/00 with no lockdown

59252 excess deaths as of June this year, with lockdown

Alright they're similar rather than worse.
Old 20-09-2020, 03:30 PM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
People still comparing it to the flu?! Wtf
Is basically is a flu isn't it? Just not as bad as won't touch most of those infected?
Old 20-09-2020, 03:40 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
So what do we think the pending London lockdowns will be and how far will they extend? Sounds like early pub and restaurant closures and encouraging working from home.
If you think it's pleasant
To shoot a pheasant
Then I think that makes you a...