Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 24-12-2017, 05:37 PM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Time to update how penalties are awarded.

We have the ridiculous situation where week after week the main talking point on MOTD seems to be penalties.

This season we have the crackdown on simulation where the player gets a penalty by diving. but really this doesnt imo go far enough. What we need is not more draconian punishment for simulation but a re-evaluation of what a penalty is.

Some of the pundits continually trot out the "there was contact so it was a penalty" line.

I think it's time the decision is made on "did the defender impede the attacker". This would mean where there is contact but the attacker has started falling before contact then it's not a penalty. It also would mean where the attacker deliberately makes contact with the defender ie by sticking his leg out to make contact, this would not be a penalty.

In my opinion neither RLC or Dele Ali should have been awarded pens this week.
Old 24-12-2017, 05:45 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Won’t stop them being awarded though?

The referee normally hasn’t a clue who initiates contact, but if the attacker is on the floor they have to make a decision. Which is basically an instant educated guess in what was the blink of an eye.
Old 24-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Certainly agree that penalties seem to be becoming a massive thing for struggling teams.

So many games between lower prem teams are on a knife edge and are swung on these decisions

Don't envy the referees to be honest.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 24-12-2017, 05:52 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
I think the only way you will clear up 95% of all Penalty decisions is by a video ref, relying on one pair of eyes who may not of even seen the incident is ridiculous really. Especially when most players are attempting to con the ref in nearly every game now

Also the majority of managers refuse to condemn their own players for blatant cheating, but in the next match will berate the officials if it happens against them. It’s a joke really
Old 24-12-2017, 05:55 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
I think the only way you will clear up 95% of all Penalty decisions is by a video ref, relying on one pair of eyes who may not of even seen the incident is ridiculous really. Especially when most players are attempting to con the ref in nearly every game now

Also the majority of managers refuse to condemn their own players for blatant cheating, but in the next match will berate the officials if it happens against them. It’s a joke really
Definitely need an appeal system for pens.
Old 24-12-2017, 06:31 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
About time they amended the rules to allow the away team at Old Trafford to be awarded them.
Old 25-12-2017, 02:21 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Third umpire for pens. Only solution. The attacker then runs the risk of getting a card for simulation.
Old 25-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post

Mourinho is the chief offender. Dreadfully bad sport who lives on a different planet to most.
Old 25-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Eithe stays how it is or video ref my view is there is no option but to have a video red but not sure how it should be used. Should it just be used when the ref thinks there may be a penalty ? Should the video red be able to alert the red if he thinks there should be a penalty ? Should each team be able to make video requests I a, against this.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 25-12-2017, 07:05 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
Eithe stays how it is or video ref my view is there is no option but to have a video red but not sure how it should be used. Should it just be used when the ref thinks there may be a penalty ? Should the video red be able to alert the red if he thinks there should be a penalty ? Should each team be able to make video requests I a, against this.
Ref has an option to call on the third umpire
Old 25-12-2017, 07:36 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
I don't disagree but as per the OP, there is still a lot of ambiguity about what a penalty actually is. There are so many penalties that will still be far from clear cut, with the rules as they are, even with a video replay that I don't think that will be especially helpful on its own.
Old 25-12-2017, 08:36 PM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The game should continue and the Video Ref checks diffeernt tv footage to look at potential penalty incidents. If he spots one, he signals to the ref and the next time there is a pause in play (throw in, goal kick etc.) he calls the ref over and shows him/ tells him. If the ref agrees, he gives a penalty. That is how I saw it used in a recent Japan v Brazil friendly and it seemed to work well.
Old 25-12-2017, 11:59 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanbareWashi View Post
The game should continue and the Video Ref checks diffeernt tv footage to look at potential penalty incidents. If he spots one, he signals to the ref and the next time there is a pause in play (throw in, goal kick etc.) he calls the ref over and shows him/ tells him. If the ref agrees, he gives a penalty. That is how I saw it used in a recent Japan v Brazil friendly and it seemed to work well.
What happens if the other side score in that time between the incident and next stoppage of play?
Old 26-12-2017, 01:58 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney eagle View Post
What happens if the other side score in that time between the incident and next stoppage of play?
Carnage?
Old 26-12-2017, 02:31 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
All fouls in the penalty box should be indirect free kicks. Or at least direct free kicks from the spot of the foul. That should slow guys running around the box looking to fall down.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 26-12-2017 at 02:34 AM.
Old 26-12-2017, 04:05 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney eagle View Post
it becomes this season's A-League.
Old 26-12-2017, 04:47 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Just because the technology exists doesn't mean we should use it. Football is a game played by humans, reffed by humans, and watched by humans. I can live with the odd dodgy decision now and then.
Old 26-12-2017, 04:57 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Kneevil View Post
Just because the technology exists doesn't mean we should use it. Football is a game played by humans, reffed by humans, and watched by humans. I can live with the odd dodgy decision now and then.
Can we put a bot to put an alert on this post for the next dodgy decision against Palace? (See you on Thursday)
Old 26-12-2017, 05:00 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpalace View Post
Some of the pundits continually trot out the "there was contact so it was a penalty" line.

I think it's time the decision is made on "did the defender impede the attacker". This would mean where there is contact but the attacker has started falling before contact then it's not a penalty. It also would mean where the attacker deliberately makes contact with the defender ie by sticking his leg out to make contact, this would not be a penalty.

In my opinion neither RLC or Dele Ali should have been awarded pens this week.
The 'well there was contact' line is as lazy as 'i've seen 'em given' when pundits try to justify something. Football is a contact sport, there will be contact, not all contact is a foul. If you've seen them given, chances are it was a mistake then and using a mistake to justify another mistake leads us to where we are now.

I would agree with the idea that a defender has to impede the attacker, but not necessarily that it means a player cannot be on the way over already. Although I appreciate that will make it more difficult. If you've got a player moving at pace, seeing a challenge about to come in which he thinks will flatten him, is he going to let himself get smashed just to win a penalty or try to avoid it to limit injury? avoiding the contact is also being impeded as the defender's rash challenge forces the attacker to change direction, and if that challenge is nowhere near the ball, or does not get the ball, then it's still a foul. Any change shouldn't put players at risk, just to win a penalty. With this in mind, both the RLC and Alli penalties are fine with me because the tackles did impede the player.

And even this one: To view the link you have to Register or Login - it's Son bringing down Moses in the FA Cup. Yes Moses dives, but he has to, otherwise he's going to get clattered. Son's challenge is reckless, or at least out of control, and would wipe him out without taking the ball. It's a foul.