Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:05 PM
Europa League Bound

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galo View Post
Two of my kids joycons have broken in less than six months, having them fixed sounds like a dangerous waste of money
Surely cheaper to buy new ones?
Old 18-07-2019, 12:07 PM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Surely cheaper to buy new ones?
Meant in terms of getting the switch lite which has no removable Joy-cons, not as in repaired.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:37 AM
Europa League Bound

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I love the Nintendo Switch, but due to time I rarely get a chance to sit down and play it these days. However last night I finally got a few hours to crack open Fire Emblem Three Houses having got it on release day and I am so glad that I did.

I know not everyone will have played a FE game and it might seem an odd concept to series newcomers but I really cannot recommend this game enough. Only 5 hours in but I can already say hand on heart this is the best FE game since Awakening, if you have or haven't played a game in the series before seriously go out and get this. The great thing is it doesn't follow on from any previous games so you don't have to catch up on anything.

Will definitely be dedicating a lot more time to this game.
Old 13-08-2019, 02:55 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Interesting...

I'm losing interest in Zelda again. Even read about the boss I was stuck on, and it suggests you need something that you get from one of the temples or whatever they are. Nothing in the game suggests this at all.
Old 13-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Europa League Bound

Can't even remember the last time I played Zelda. The wife is Away next week so Fire Emblem is going to take up most of my evenings.
Old 21-09-2019, 10:11 AM
Europa League Bound

I'm actually tempted to get a Switch Lite so I can play games on my break at work.
Old 21-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Europa League Bound

Oh and by the way, Fire Emblem Three Houses is amazing!
Old 27-09-2019, 07:25 AM
Europa League Bound

I have to say I am really enjoying the Switch Lite. All I have on it at the moment is Zelda BOTW and I was a little unsure how it would hold up, but it plays really well and actually I seem to find certain game mechanics like sneaking and aiming the bow and arrow easier than I do playing on the TV.
Old 22-03-2020, 05:39 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If I can actually find somewhere to buy one of these things, then I will try to do so next week. Currently rare as hens teeth.

Always loved Nintendo but not had a console since the Wii. If anyone has any tips on somewhere to pick one up online, that would be super.
Old 22-03-2020, 05:52 PM
Europa League Bound

Have you tried maybe getting a Switch Lite? I know a new one came out on Friday with the release of Animal Crossing (ok not the coolest!).

I was sat at home last night playing Fire Emblem Three Houses for the first time in ages on my regular Switch, with a couple of beers, loved it. Today at work I brought my Lite just to kill breaks and the fact I am filling in here and there, got Animal Crossing, never played one before so thought I would give it a go, and it is kind of addictive to be honest.
Old 22-03-2020, 07:33 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Can you plug the lite into the TV?
Old 22-03-2020, 07:42 PM
Europa League Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Can you plug the lite into the TV?
No. It is a handheld only.
Old 22-03-2020, 08:41 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
No. It is a handheld only.
And you already have an og switch?
Old 22-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Europa League Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
And you already have an og switch?
Yeah. Always been too scared to take my original Switch out. Wanted something to fill time at work on break, passing around or on Spare so I bought the Lite. It's an amazing little piece of kit too.
Old 22-03-2020, 09:24 PM
Europa League Bound

My Switch and Switch Lite are synced together, but purely to have my account on both. The only game I play on both is Zelda, typically I use the Lite for handheld stuff like Pokemon and now Animal Crossing.

You can use saved data on both, which I haven't tried, but it is an arse ache to do. So if I had a saved file on Zelda on my Switch, to use it on the Lite I would have to download it from a cloud type system. But then you cannot play it on the OG Switch unless you download it back again.

So I have a saved file on Switch and a New one on the Lite. That is basically the biggest grumble people have with the Lite, is how shit the process is to play saved files from System to System.
Old 28-03-2020, 05:33 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wasn't keen on a Switch lite as it seemed worse specs wise and didn't connect to the TV. Anyway after much searching online, I saw on HotUKDeals that they had some stock at Purley Tesco so I did the old fashioned thing and went down there to get a normal one.

Downloaded Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart with a SD card and the brain training game on the way. Will only play Mario for a while but it is absolute class. So damn clever and all the details are just right. There really is nothing that can compare to a Mario game.

Enjoying being able to change between handheld and TV play too, more than I thought I would.

Very pleased to get hold of one given how long the wait seems to be now online. Starting to dawn on me that there is very little to do once the DIY tasks run out.
Old 30-03-2020, 08:33 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
What games have people played recently?

I've all but given up on Zelda and only playing Pokemon for now.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:17 PM
We scored three...

There is a sale on the Nintendo Store from today. I just got Civilisation VI for 20. Got about 1000 hours of other games to play first but love a Civ game.
Old 25-04-2020, 01:35 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
60 notes a game is a bit steep.

Trying to order a birthday gift for No 2 grandson.

Managed to order Minecraft for the Switch for 30 notes then got a later message to say it is out of stock. Other company I use want 45 quid for it.

May have to suck up the latest offer of Zelda Links Awakening for 40. I have a month.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 25-04-2020, 01:36 AM
Europa League Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
What games have people played recently?

I've all but given up on Zelda and only playing Pokemon for now.
Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem.

Really want to get back into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 though.