Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I find it genuinely frightening that the leader of the United States can tweet this thread:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-07-2019, 01:57 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Genuinely frightening that a USA President actually tweets.
Genuinely frightening that the UK could have Johnson as Prime Minister.
Genuinely frightening that we acknowledge or admit to one food bank.
Genuinely frightening that we have a government that puts business ahead of its people.
When will we ever learn!
Old 11-07-2019, 04:54 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I find it genuinely frightening that the leader of the United States can tweet this thread:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Twitter saying that thread doesn't exist. What did it say?
Old 11-07-2019, 06:13 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
So much crazy stuff on that feed to know whether the thread stevek is referring to is still up there or not.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 11-07-2019, 11:51 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
I guess this is it:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The White House will be hosting a very big and very important Social Media Summit today. Would I have become President without Social Media? Yes (probably)! At its conclusion, we will all go to the beautiful Rose Garden for a News Conference on the Census and Citizenship.
7:39 PM - Jul 11, 2019

....The Fake News is not as important, or as powerful, as Social Media. They have lost tremendous credibility since that day in November, 2016, that I came down the escalator with the person who was to become your future First Lady. When I ultimately leave office in six......

....years, or maybe 10 or 14 (just kidding), they will quickly go out of business for lack of credibility, or approval, from the public. That’s why they will all be Endorsing me at some point, one way or the other. Could you imagine having Sleepy Joe Biden, or @AlfredENeuman99,..

...or a very nervous and skinny version of Pocahontas (1000/24th), as your President, rather than what you have now, so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius! Sorry to say that even Social Media would be driven out of business along with, and finally, the Fake News Media!
Wait, I guess he wasn't done.

Quote:
The Fake News Media loves the narrative that I didn’t use many banks because the banks didn’t like me. No, I didn’t use many banks because I didn’t (don’t) need their money (old fashioned, isn’t it?). If I did, it would have been very easy for me to get.

....And remember, a bank that I did use years ago, the now badly written about and maligned Deutsche Bank, was then one of the largest and most prestigious banks in the world! They wanted my business, and so did many others!
Can't remember where I saw the quote or remember it really but it was something like, "When you owe $100, collectors hassle you night and day to pay it back. When you owe $100,000,000, banks fall all over themselves to loan you more."

Last edited by Funk Butter; 11-07-2019 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:05 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
Re 2020 challengers, isn't it Bernies to lose? Everyone who voted for him in 2016 will do so again while the 2016 Clinton primary voters will be split between Biden/Harris/Warren.

The Democrat nomination race will be interesting to say the least, do they go for who is going to be the best president or who is most likely to beat Trump (not necessarily the same person)? Early days but Sanders' rise plus some high profile first time congress members indicate a possible Corbynisation of the Dems might be on the cards.

The African American vote in primaries is huge as 90% of them vote Democrat and many live in states where the whites are firmly GOP so are often the majority voting group in some Democrat primaries. Last time they were a major factor in Clinton tearing ahead as they liked her and Sanders couldn't find a way to connect. This time the AA vote is split between Harris (a black woman albeit one who locked up a lot of non violent black men during her past career) and Biden who older African Americans see as a continuation of the historic Obama presidency and are said to see an attack on Biden as an attack on the Obama legacy.

I think Warren would be the most capable president, am on the fence if she'd be the best candidate (something tells me Trump really gets under her skin and could force her to make a gaffe or two which you can get away with in a system like ours but less so over there).

Pretty unknown outside of Twitter but I hope Andrew Yang hangs on for next few debates, his ideas on UBI interest me, the sums need a bit of work but it appears to be a more effective way of reducing poverty than minimum wage increases from what I've seen.
I'm not sure I agree with all this. For example, Warren will pick up very few ex-Clinton supporters: her "base" is similar to Bernie's and she will split his vote. At present, the nomination is Biden's to lose and he is trying to do just that - he's famous for his gaffes - with Harris, Warren and Bernie the main challengers. Bernie's too polarising - I can't see it (though, tbf, I thought Trump would be the same.) For the current state, there's quite To view the link you have to Register or Login.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 12-07-2019, 12:08 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
What the heck is 1000/24th?
Old 12-07-2019, 12:11 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
I'm not sure I agree with all this. For example, Warren will pick up very few ex-Clinton supporters: her "base" is similar to Bernie's and she will split his vote. At present, the nomination is Biden's to lose and he is trying to do just that - he's famous for his gaffes - with Harris, Warren and Bernie the main challengers. Bernie's too polarising - I can't see it (though, tbf, I thought Trump would be the same.) For the current state, there's quite To view the link you have to Register or Login.
Biden is the porridge that Goldilocks ate, bland as shit but can be eaten by everybody. He might as well be some sort of Republican/Democrat clone but with every opinion removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
She's extremely Native American.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:16 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I'm wondering how the East Coast/West Coast divide might come into play.

Warren is very East Coast and not well known out here on the West Coast.

Harris is very much West Coast (she actually came to a Democratic rally here in our city when she was running for office), I'm sure people on the East Coast probably know very little about her.

Biden and Sanders are established and known well on both coasts, but I believe Democrats maybe looking for some new blood, and that leads to Warren and Harris so far.

Personally I like Harris, but I feel it maybe too much of a leap (woman of colour) to expect her to go all the way.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:19 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
For a man with the highest ever IQ recorded for a President (So he says)... I'm sure Trump knows what he is talking about!
Old 12-07-2019, 12:21 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Biden is the porridge that Goldilocks ate, bland as shit but can be eaten by everybody. He might as well be some sort of Republican/Democrat clone but with every opinion removed.
That might make a nice change after the last 3 years!
Old 12-07-2019, 12:23 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
For a man with the highest ever IQ recorded for a President (So he says)... I'm sure Trump knows what he is talking about!
To view the link you have to Register or Login in a truck on the White house lawn. He is intellectually and emotionally little more than a toddler.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 12-07-2019, 01:50 AM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post

I met up with several random Americans on holiday a couple of years ago, and they were scathing of Trump. Interestingly, they were much more like us British in attitudes, and apart from their accents you would think they were born and brought up over here. Needless to say, we got on very well with them.
They're probably saying exactly the same thing about all the brits they met. For the last 50 years the English have picked up every bad habit going from their colonial cousins. Just listen to the jargon used nowadays by football commentators. Straight out of the baseball manual. " they've brought on Jedinak to close out the game after they've gone ahead with that unforced error by the relief goal tender."
Old 12-07-2019, 09:02 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Normal fractions are fake math
Old 12-07-2019, 10:25 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
For a man who doesn't apparently drink, he comes out with a load of shit in the early hours. Worse than Beestey or Leicester1.......
Old 12-07-2019, 11:49 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
And as someone posted elsewhere with reference to
Quote:
and skinny version of Pocahontas
was he referring to the Disney version.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 12-07-2019, 12:10 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Biden won't win.He offers nothing.The Democratic party really need someone like Sanders.Most of the "centrists" are insane by our standards.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:16 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
Biden won't win.He offers nothing.The Democratic party really need someone like Sanders.Most of the "centrists" are insane by our standards.
I think I would rather see Trump re-elected than Sanders being elected. If for no other reason but the entertainment value.

No disrespect to Sanders, but he is not presidential material and needs to step out of the race/way.

And I say this as a Democrat.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:25 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think I would rather see Trump re-elected than Sanders being elected. If for no other reason but the entertainment value.

No disrespect to Sanders, but he is not presidential material and needs to step out of the race/way.

And I say this as a Democrat.

Agree with all of that.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:38 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good discussion on here that I'm just catching up with.

Re: Epstein and Trump. If he's implicated then he might lose a few votes, but most either Evangelical or not won't give a shit because a) The Conservative media will say its all a Liberal conspiracy b) The whole thing will be spun to be about the Clintons... see Pizzagate was real! Also the Hughff comments about Barr are totally on the money - the DOJ is not going to bring charges against Trump for anything (except maybe tax fraud - which is where I think Trump might be vulnerable if anything concrete ever surfaces).

As for Dems Primaries.... Biden should just bow out now - it'll be a re-run of 2016 if he gets the nomination. Out of the others Warren and Harris are having good campaigns. Warren largely because she has good well thought out policies, Harris because she took Biden to pieces in the debate. Bernie has notably less buzz than last time round - I think in part because many candidates have caught up with him policy wise and the progressives have options now - and he's kind of old. Buttigieg has done well and now has national awareness - but he won't push out the bigger candidates, wouldn't be surprised if someone offers him a VP position though.

My fear is that the Dem establishment want Biden and they'll find a way to make sure he's the candidate. Right now I'd vote for Warren.