Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-04-2019, 07:14 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
The one of Swindles on the Palace web site today... looks like it's a home game, but I don't recall a white with sash Umbro kit. I know the '76 Cup run kit looked like this, but I thought the home version the next season was Admiral?

I like all the sashes Adidas, Hummel, Nike, Puma etc

But I think this pic swings it for me - total simplicity. All white and sash - Virtually nothing else and it looks sublime.
Old 26-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Ah, the days when the same picture was on the front of the programme for about half a season!
What was best was when AVR became our sponsor mid season, rather than put a new picture on the cover, they did a very poor pre-photoshop job on the picture to superimpose AVR on the shirt.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 26-04-2019, 07:46 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
The replica kits didn’t have the sponsor and so were lovely. Felt nice to wear too as the material used was comfortable...unlike the Hummel white sash kit that followed; that had a scratchy feel to it and wasn’t well made at all. The Hummel logo very quickly began to peel off after a few washes.

I’d always badger my mum to buy me the kits as soon as they came out and remember wearing one to Mitcham training ground once just after buying it. Some of the players were really interested in it and were looking closely at it and discussing the subtle differences with their original tops. Goes without saying as a kid I was in my element.
The Hummel kit was, indeed, awful quality.

I've still got the 1989-90 sash away kit. It is probably the best made Palace shirt I have ever owned. Each of the sashes is made of a different piece of material, rather than printed on.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 26-04-2019, 08:14 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
The Rayo Vallecano away kit, without the green trim......To view the link you have to Register or Login

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:15 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Really need Andy to come on here and explain. Don't think he has posted on the BBS for years though.
If its the Andy Burton on twitter, hes too busy being rather right wing at the moment.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:26 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
If its the Andy Burton on twitter, hes too busy being rather right wing at the moment.
The only right wing he should be worrying about is a picture of Alan Irvine in the blue sash shirt...

Old 26-04-2019, 08:40 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Not on Twitter so cannot comment
Old 26-04-2019, 08:50 AM

The12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
New Palace kit 2019/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
how did you get that?

Charmer- I got it off eBay for a tenner, new and sealed in cpfc packaging. Every now and then at the end of the season, official kits/left over stock come up without any sponsors on.

The people advertise it with sponsor on but you need to go into the listings and they’ll say Palace kit, sizing etc, please note this has no sponsor on.

If I can find the seller I’ll let you know but it was a while ago so may not show in my purchase history/feedback.
Old 26-04-2019, 09:00 AM

The12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 26-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Borderline lunacy

Not sure about the duvet cover.

Old 26-04-2019, 09:42 AM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
duvet cover more memorable than the shirt
Old 26-04-2019, 09:46 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Finally managed to find the 17/18 white third kit on Ebay in my size, it sold out so fast that season that I didn't get it
Old 26-04-2019, 09:46 AM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
I wish you could get the shirts without the sponsor logo. I love this seasons kits but can't wear anything with that crap betting logo on. I'd happily pay a bit more.
Old 26-04-2019, 09:50 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
The Hummel kit was, indeed, awful quality.

I've still got the 1989-90 sash away kit. It is probably the best made Palace shirt I have ever owned. Each of the sashes is made of a different piece of material, rather than printed on.
One going on Ebay.

Old 26-04-2019, 09:56 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
One going on Ebay.

I'm not convinced that is genuine. The badge looks wrong and given we didn't wear it in the 1990 Cup Final, why has it got that on there?

Old 26-04-2019, 10:00 AM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I'm not convinced that is genuine. The badge looks wrong and given we didn't wear it in the 1990 Cup Final, why has it got that on there?
It's genuine. I've got one the same that I got in the club shop. I think basically anything in the shop got embroidered with the Cup Final stuff at the time, from memory.

Although actually I see what you mean about the badge. This may be my mind playing tricks, too, but I seem to remember after the Final replay, a load of possible kits from the replay were put on sale - literally one-offs - that were presumably templates. I remember a burnt orange and black one that in hindsight I wish that I'd bought. Maybe this is one of them, hence not the proper badge? Ahhh, feck it, who knows.

Last edited by BVB Bob; 26-04-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Old 26-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVB Bob View Post
It's genuine. I've got one the same that I got in the club shop. I think basically anything in the shop got embroidered with the Cup Final stuff at the time, from memory.
Cool - I did wonder that about the FA Cup wording. The badge is different from the versions on sale at the start of the season, though - they had a scroll effect around the words.

Old 26-04-2019, 10:14 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Finally managed to find the 17/18 white third kit on Ebay in my size, it sold out so fast that season that I didn't get it
Love that shirt. So white though that I never wear it.
Old 26-04-2019, 10:15 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

I had the 1989/90 sash kit. Can confirm definitely genuine.

Always wanted the FA Cup Final replay shirt. They go for like £300+ now, got offered one on the BBS about 19 years ago for £20.
Old 26-04-2019, 10:17 AM
Borderline lunacy

What you can see a bit, from the picture of the back, is what I meant about the strips being different bits of material rather than printed on. (That also makes me think it probably is genuine - I wouldn't put it past Palace then to have changed the badge design mid-season.)