Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:33 AM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
No it’s dull black with a squiggly lines that a 5 year old has drawn

Why black ? When has black ever been associated with Palace
As far back as the 50's
Also would have been the first club to have an away black kit had we not been relegated.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:36 AM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
That was my conclusion. Parish never does anything with a shirt design without some kind of symbolism attached, and this to me, is clearly a nod to the club's first designated singing section and the group that has pre-empted it.
Not exactly the first black away kit we have had
Old 12-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
That was my conclusion. Parish never does anything with a shirt design without some kind of symbolism attached, and this to me, is clearly a nod to the club's first designated singing section and the group that has pre-empted it.
I don't think that's the case.

Palace rotate away kits in three schemes. White, yellow and black. It just happens that black is the latest colour in rotation.

Since promotion:

2013/14 -
Away - Black
Third - Yellow

2014/15 -
Away - Yellow

2015/16 -
Away - White

2016/17 -
Away - Yellow

2017/18 -
Away - Black
Third - White

2018/19 -
Away - White
Third - Yellow

2019/20 -
Away - Black
Old 12-07-2019, 09:43 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Can’t reveal my sources, but I’ve heard that the new away for the 20/21 season will be yellow.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 12-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Black was never associated with any English team (other than in conjunction with white stripes) because prior to 1993-94, the referees always wore black so teams couldn't. Then referees went for different coloured shirts and black was allowed - as noted above, we were first out of the blocks with a black kit, but then could only wear it in 'exhibition' games because we went and got relegated and it was another year before football league refs moved away from black kits.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if our regular use of black kits in recent years is connected to Parish's love affair with the HF - which is ironic given they sell their own merchandise, effectively in competition with the club.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-07-2019, 09:48 AM

November85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've never been a fan of any of the black kits. I liked it in 90-91 when we had two away kits, one all red and one all blue.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:50 AM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I was only joking
Old 12-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by November85 View Post
I've never been a fan of any of the black kits. I liked it in 90-91 when we had two away kits, one all red and one all blue.
Yes - I'd like us to do that one again.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-07-2019, 10:13 AM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love the home kit but my God, that away kit is a thing of beauty. Will be bagging both for me and my little one.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Stick with Dowie. Oh dear

Wright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I just can’t stand the sponsor. I’d pay double even treble to get one without.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:12 AM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright+Bright View Post
I just can’t stand the sponsor. I’d pay double even treble to get one without.
Yep, it's such a shame that so much effort goes into designing a beautiful kit, and then a crap logo gets splashed right across it. My little one got a kit a couple of years ago (age 5 i think,) and it didn't have a sponsor on it. It looked beautiful, so much better than the adult one with the sponsor.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:17 AM

janerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just been in the club shop. It’s not as nice in “real life” as I was hoping (particularly dislike the badge) . Overall it’s still a nice kit though
Old 12-07-2019, 11:29 AM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by janerz View Post
Just been in the club shop. It’s not as nice in “real life” as I was hoping (particularly dislike the badge) . Overall it’s still a nice kit though
I am with you on the badge. The badge is the emblem of the club and should be quality, it is a shame it is no longer embroidered onto the shirt.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:37 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I'm waiting to see what this kit will look like on the average fan. I doubt it'll look as nice or as flattering.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:42 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
No it’s dull black with a squiggly lines that a 5 year old has drawn

Why black ? When has black ever been associated with Palace
See Stevek's post - Also We have now had at least 5 black kits since the mid 90's.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:49 AM

janerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejanerz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
I am with you on the badge. The badge is the emblem of the club and should be quality, it is a shame it is no longer embroidered onto the shirt.
Definitely. The quality in general wasn’t good enough for me personally. The training kit is better!
Old 12-07-2019, 12:05 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by janerz View Post
Definitely. The quality in general wasn’t good enough for me personally. The training kit is better!
I just cant deal with the markup.

The player training top is £35 - To view the link you have to Register or Login

But the exact same top (without the palace logo) is £16.50 direct from Puma - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-07-2019, 12:14 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
I just cant deal with the markup.

The player training top is £35 - To view the link you have to Register or Login

But the exact same top (without the palace logo) is £16.50 direct from Puma - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Just add palace crest and no sponsor jobs a good un
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
See Stevek's post - Also We have now had at least 5 black kits since the mid 90's.
Yes, I meant from a historic point of view. It seems to be a fairly new thing for us and I was trying to see if there was some history of us wearing black shirts way back when
Old 12-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Don't worry. We will get a third kit and it will be a Yellow version of the black kit