Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-04-2019, 06:19 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
When do we actually get to see the new West ham /Palace kit??
Old 20-04-2019, 08:38 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
When do we actually get to see the new West ham /Palace kit??
Had a look at the new style track top and polo shirt now on sale at the club shop.

Don’t think people will mix them up with West Ham or Villa colours, it’s a deep red with cobalt blue on the sleeves, like I thought, it is actually the original Palace club colours from 1905, which, contrary to popular belief, were cardinal and blue, not claret and blue.
Old 20-04-2019, 10:24 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
If we are going retro, I would quite like this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Shades of red/blue to taste. I am probably in a minority of one, though.
Old 21-04-2019, 09:33 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Presumably the kit announcement will be at the end of season awards again?

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 22-04-2019, 05:32 AM

swhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post

Away kit maybe?
Old 22-04-2019, 05:44 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:

It is maybe the greatest and most uniquely Palace kit ever, after all, loads of teams wear a sash. I'm with you.
Old 22-04-2019, 05:52 AM

READING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Our first kit was a villa kit because our manager brought it with him from his previous job
So I do not know where this cardinal comes from. It's certainly claret and light blue on my mug for the early years before white shirts and black shorts
Old 22-04-2019, 06:41 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I liked it for the Centenary kit.
Old 22-04-2019, 07:07 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally i would like to see us return to the iconic All White with the Red/Blue sash as our Main Strip. As the Away kit stay with the Red and Blue, that ensures we keep the colours CPFC are associated with which gives us an identity that will always be related to the club as some of the "big clubs" around the World have. And as a Third Kit i would like to see something very different like Mauve shirt and shorts with Red and Blue socks to maintain the link.
Also very importantly it saves parents/fans having to constantly fork out for New Kits.
Old 22-04-2019, 07:23 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Personally i would like to see us return to the iconic All White with the Red/Blue sash as our Main Strip. As the Away kit stay with the Red and Blue, that ensures we keep the colours CPFC are associated with which gives us an identity that will always be related to the club as some of the "big clubs" around the World have. And as a Third Kit i would like to see something very different like Mauve shirt and shorts with Red and Blue socks to maintain the link.
Also very importantly it saves parents/fans having to constantly fork out for New Kits.
I think the club will want to bring out kits that actively encourage parents/fans to fork out on new kits.
Old 22-04-2019, 07:37 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by READING EAGLE View Post
Our first kit was a villa kit because our manager brought it with him from his previous job
So I do not know where this cardinal comes from. It's certainly claret and light blue on my mug for the early years before white shirts and black shorts
There is a series of history books called 'Origin of Crystal Palace' by Steve Martyniuk, with 3 volumes published so far.

The author has done an insane amount of research (years and years worth) and plundered numerous sources including full access o the original club minutes book (1905-1917) written by Edmund Goodman himself.

Sorry to break it to you but the original club colours were always described as Cardinal and Blue. No reference to claret and blue (anywhere) had been found before the 1940s. Not in any programme, team listing, yearbook, cigarette card, anywhere.

I heartily do recommend the books to you - the best one to start with is Volume 2, which deals with the birth of the CPFC that we support today. If you enjoy it and the way it is written, then Vol 1 covers the original Crystal Palace team (est 1861).
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-04-2019, 08:16 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by READING EAGLE View Post
You are describing Edmund Goodman, who was chosen by the new Palace club in 1905 to become Palace’s Secretary i.e. choosing players to sign, organising fixtures, contacting the press etc - he didn’t become manager until 1907.

He was a Birmingham born man and played for Aston Villa in his younger days, but got a serious injury resulting in him having a leg amputated before he had got to play many games for Villa (we are not clear if he even played for their first team) and he became an Assistant Secretary at Villa before he was recommended to the Palace board by Villa’s Chairman, William McGregor, the man whose idea it was to form the Football League in 1888, some 17 years before Palace were formed.

The myth is that Edmund Goodman brought the Villa colours with him, something I and many others interested in Palace’s history felt was true for decades.

We now know this is not the case. In one of the recent books published by Steve Martyniuk, he managed to get hold of the actual club minutes, when the newly formed board decided the Palace colours would be ‘Cardinal’ and blue,

Cardinal is a deep red but not the almost purple shade that West Ham, Villa or Burnley wear, for example.

On every description of Palace’s colours between 1905 and until we changed to white shirts in circa 1936, the colours are described as Cardinal - not claret.

It appears the claret and blue description only came in circa 1950, when Palace very briefly changed to claret shirts with blue sleeves until 1954 when Palace once again went to white shirts and black shorts, with the colours on the socks.

We only really changed properly to Claret and Blue in 1967, and the guess is that since so much had happened in the world in the previous thirty years, nobody was really clear that there was actually a change from the original club colours between 1905-1936.

Last edited by CP Satellite; 22-04-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:19 PM

swhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If we changed to claret and blue we may get mistaken for Burnley, which nobody wants.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:29 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Well apparently Elgin Eagle thinks we are going to claret and blue as his new Palace website/Bulletin Board is in those colours!
Old 23-04-2019, 03:40 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Well apparently Elgin Eagle thinks we are going to claret and blue and his new Palace website/Bulletin Board is in those colours!
for which kit?
Old 23-04-2019, 03:49 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
for which kit?
Home I'm guessing.

Disclaimer: This is all speculation as far as I know... no facts to back any of this up on my part.
Old 23-04-2019, 05:27 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well apparently Elgin Eagle thinks we are going to claret and blue as his new Palace website/Bulletin Board is in those colours!
And we’re changing our badge to a hammer and sickle
Old 23-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Ex Addiscombe

Penshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Claret and blue for one season to mark the 50th anniversary of Palace going into the 1st division back in 1969.

On Facebook

Crystal Palace North East - Scotland, The Highlands & Islands exiles

https://www.facebook.com/CrystalPala...EastSupporters

or on Twitter

CPFC_NORTH_EAST
@NE_Palace_Fans
Old 23-04-2019, 06:13 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Would be a pretty tenuous reason. After all, it's not like we've stayed there for fifty years!
Old 23-04-2019, 06:21 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Elgin has a new website? Why hasnt this been mentioned before?

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.