Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:06 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
I thought boong was the derogatory term?
That is too
Old 12-07-2019, 10:10 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Seriously?!

I was watching the highlights and when he gave the Roy dismissal he looked like he knew he had ****ed up as soon as he put his finger up. Looked very uncertain and a big puff of the cheeks.
His mistake will be in his mind though, so maybe he won’t give an uncertain one against us on Sunday?

Morgan must also instruct his batsmen not to review a decision unless they are 90% certain they are right. Bairstow and Roy share the blame for a stupid review yesterday when he was lbw. If they hadn’t done that, Roy would have reviewed his dismissal and then stayed in.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:14 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Seriously?!

I was watching the highlights and when he gave the Roy dismissal he looked like he knew he had ****ed up as soon as he put his finger up. Looked very uncertain and a big puff of the cheeks.
Yep. I was watching last night too and noticed that. He also went for a review apparently though i’ve not seen that. Erasmus, who’s the other umpire in the final, looked at him as if to say ‘wtf’?

Incidentally, Dharmasena’s fvck up earlier in the tournament led to Michael Holding getting a letter warning him about criticising umpires on-air.

Yesterday morning Erasmus made two superb LBW decisions and the commentator said ‘best umpire in the world.’ It then cut to Dharmasena. Cue silence in the commentary box.

Still can’t get over Roy’s reaction though.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:16 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Cue the next player to crack the sads, "he's having a Roy".
Old 12-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Yep. I was watching last night too and noticed that. He also went for a review apparently though i’ve not seen that. Erasmus, who’s the other umpire in the final, looked at him as if to say ‘wtf’?

Incidentally, Dharmasena’s fvck up earlier in the tournament led to Michael Holding getting a letter warning him about criticising umpires on-air.

Yesterday morning Erasmus made two superb LBW decisions and the commentator said ‘best umpire in the world.’ It then cut to Dharmasena. Cue silence in the commentary box.

Still can’t get over Roy’s reaction though.
Roy was probably just as frustrated about the fact they'd wasted a review on a plumb LBW, resulting in him not being able to use it on a blatantly wrong decision, as he was about the actual decision itself. All culminated in a bit of a strop. I was just waiting for him to smash the stumps with his bat before finally walking off.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:31 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting reading the Sydney Morning Herald getting their knickers in a twist over Roy's desent. They big up CA for the way they handled the cheating scandal, suggesting that they are better than the ICC. Then they point to the ECB and how Roy should be punished ahead of the final. Gardly comparable, yet hilariously they actually seems to think CA hold the moral high ground. Perhaps banning the three cheats for life would have allowed them to do that.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
Interesting reading the Sydney Morning Herald getting their knickers in a twist over Roy's desent. They big up CA for the way they handled the cheating scandal, suggesting that they are better than the ICC. Then they point to the ECB and how Roy should be punished ahead of the final. Gardly comparable, yet hilariously they actually seems to think CA hold the moral high ground. Perhaps banning the three cheats for life would have allowed them to do that.
Banning the dirt in the pocket, mint sucking savs should've happened as well.
But it didnt
Move on.
You won fair and square so walk with humility. We can both dig till we're at the centre of the earth but it wont change anything.
Good luck Sunday.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:05 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Roy was probably just as frustrated about the fact they'd wasted a review on a plumb LBW, resulting in him not being able to use it on a blatantly wrong decision, as he was about the actual decision itself. All culminated in a bit of a strop. I was just waiting for him to smash the stumps with his bat before finally walking off.
Journalist was tying to deflect from the fact that Australia's performance was toilet I should think.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:09 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
That's the kind of poster you are, sensitive to others and careful not to offend.
LOL
Old 12-07-2019, 11:09 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
Banning the dirt in the pocket, mint sucking savs should've happened as well.
But it didnt
Move on.
You won fair and square so walk with humility. We can both dig till we're at the centre of the earth but it wont change anything.
Good luck Sunday.
Fair comment Bones.

Cheers
Old 12-07-2019, 11:11 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
Whilst not excusing Roy having a strop, he didn’t cheat did he....he was correct that he hadn’t touched the ball.

Again, whilst I don’t blame the Aussies for appealing for the catch, I bet a couple of them knew that he hadn’t touched it.

Roy has been fined for his behaviour, so that’s been dealt with. No need for the Sydney Herald to try to gain some moral high ground on this, because of all the people involved in that incident, he’s the one person who can’t be accused of cheating.

I thought the Aussie Captain was gracious in defeat....sometimes you just have to suck it up and say well done to the opposition.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:31 AM
Palace 'til i die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I thought the Aussie Captain was gracious in defeat....sometimes you just have to suck it up and say well done to the opposition.
Absolutely, I think Finch comes across very well. Like Tim Paine, he seems to be a decent chap.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:27 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was at the game yesterday and it was right up there with the best sporting events I've ever been to, absolutely cracking day out.

Anyone know where I can find the whole game online to watch?
Old 12-07-2019, 01:11 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
I am glad it was the Aussies in the semi.
If we'd have got to the final, having not beaten them at some stage, we'd have never have heard the end of it from the buggers.

I still predict they will win the Ashes, though.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:35 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I am glad it was the Aussies in the semi.
If we'd have got to the final, having not beaten them at some stage, we'd have never have heard the end of it from the buggers.

I still predict they will win the Ashes, though.
Your recent predictions, Stella, have been fvcking garbage. Long may it continue.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:41 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Your recent predictions, Stella, have been fvcking garbage. Long may it continue.
Amen.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
I missed all the online fun yesterday.

Great stuff from England - pulled out all the stops and stuffed the Wet-And-Drys when it really mattered. Still laughing, Davie-boy? . Only pity was the blatant cheating in even appealing for a catch against Roy. But I blame the umpire for that and luckily it was almost all over by then.

Yes it is a whole different ball game for the Ashes. But let's carry the momentum forward, draft in a couple of that squad (Roy, Archer, maybe Plunkett?), hope Jimmy is fit and anything could happen.

Bring it on, and may it be an epic battle . Let's have quick sweepstake - who will be the first Aussie to predict a 5-0 whitewash?

Oh, and forget the group game and stay focused for the final - PLEASE!!!
Old 12-07-2019, 07:44 PM
moving forward

Anyone hear the ‘eagles’ chant early on in Roy’s innings?
Old 12-07-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Anyone hear the ‘eagles’ chant early on in Roy’s innings?
Yes, I did!

I decided I must be miss hearing ‘England’.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:31 PM
moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Yes, I did!

I decided I must be miss hearing ‘England’.
Ah it probably was England! Just before Roy smacked a four