Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 30-07-2019, 11:45 AM

Crybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stuart Jump and Alan Whittle ?
Old 30-07-2019, 01:27 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
When Big Mal was at the Palace several of his friends or contacts from Manchester used to turn up at Mitcham training ground, I recall the face but no ideas about a name.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:43 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old simmo View Post
I think it's Alan whittle.Side views often look a bit different, is it clearer on the other picture? Height is probably right as well.
It's certainly not Alan Whittle, he was a lot younger and had a huge blonde mop of hair Beatles style. I believe it was one of the coaching staff.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:38 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Following my previous post, my memory has got into gear. It was coach Steve Harrison appointed by Steve Coppell. He was fired after allegedly performing his party trick of pooping into a disposable cup in the dressing room.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:45 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Following my previous post, my memory has got into gear. It was coach Steve Harrison appointed by Steve Coppell. He was fired after allegedly performing his party trick of pooping into a disposable cup in the dressing room.
It isn't Steve Harrison. That man in the photo is in his fifties then and Harrison is only 66 now. Plus he always wore a moustache.

My guess from the tracksuit logo is an athletics coach, maybe sprint coach with the GB Olympic team?
Old 11-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Registered Confused.

Brod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Look at the football though.

Imagine heading one of those!

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
Old 11-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Registered Confused.

Brod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Btw, why do you want to know?

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
Old 11-08-2019, 06:30 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
I will take a guess Dereck Ibbitson..... I know that Big Mal brought in an athletic coach to work with Jefferies to improve him as a player. However good a player he lacked focus and Mal thought working with an athletic coach would help. It failed he came back telling Mal it was never going to work.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:18 PM

Certainly not Derek Ibbotson, the guy in the picture is surely a member of our coaching staff.
Old 15-08-2019, 09:42 PM

Carlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Frank Lord? Coached at Palace at about this time
Old 15-08-2019, 09:59 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlise Few View Post
Frank Lord? Coached at Palace at about this time
Don't believe so. Frank Lord was a bit of a Malcolm Allison clone. A big Muvver!

Old 15-08-2019, 10:34 PM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
It's Borge Thorup. Don't think anyone knows what he looks like so i will go with that.

Or

Borge Thorups dad.
Definitely not Borge Thorup - I do remember him

Last edited by alf; 15-08-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Old 15-08-2019, 10:41 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I still believe it is a non-footballer, or person not in football.
Old 15-08-2019, 10:44 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
Definitely not Borg Thorup - I do remember him
Defo not him:

Old 15-08-2019, 10:59 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Certainly not Derek Ibbotson, the guy in the picture is surely a member of our coaching staff.
Agree havong found a pic of him....he Mal did work with Ibbitson and Joe Lancaster another atheletic coach at Man City.
I agree it's not Lord having met the guy he was a big guy. I am struggling but Mal did bring in non football coaches would not surprise me if Mr X is one of those hence the picture.
Old 15-08-2019, 11:08 PM
The Spiky One

Derek Jeffries is still alive (now 68)... maybe someone should try and contact him via the club and see if he can give us an answer. I have a feeling we will never know otherwise.
Old 16-08-2019, 05:11 PM

Could it be the groundsman?
Old 16-08-2019, 05:15 PM

KingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s Roy Hodgson
Old 17-08-2019, 12:43 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingClinton View Post
It’s Roy Hodgson
I think this is actually an early enactment of ‘ Back to the Future’ where Roy has travelled back in time to tell Derek about the impending departure of Mel Blyth and his part in a future Palace Cup run.

Students of Palace history will know the validity of this, as it’s exactly the time the New Stand clock broke down, never to tell the correct time ever again after Roy teleported back to the present day.
Old 17-08-2019, 12:51 AM

busker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsbusker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsbusker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsbusker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsbusker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsbusker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsbusker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsbusker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsbusker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsbusker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsbusker was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Is it not in fact Jay and so presumably his 'football friend'?
I was there!