Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 11-08-2019, 06:24 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Yet another victory for marvellous Surrey this afternoon....
Old 11-08-2019, 06:39 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Yet another victory for marvellous Surrey this afternoon....
Yes, fantastic - Now 2 wins out of 9 and both against the only team below us in the table !
A bit like when Palace did the double over hapless Huddersfield, last season.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:41 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes. Surrey have found a team that are worse than them. A difficult task. Still Stewart will hope to flog a few more 20 20 tickets off the back of it. Mostly sold out I think. Lets hope we get SC back for Sussex Thursday/
Old 11-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Wooden spoon decider
Old 11-08-2019, 08:31 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
A couple of points.

We'd have done better this season if we had made more use of Foakes. I realise he was injured early on, but even when he recovered he was much too low in the order

Surely Dernbach's last season?
Old 12-08-2019, 09:02 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
A couple of points.

We'd have done better this season if we had made more use of Foakes. I realise he was injured early on, but even when he recovered he was much too low in the order

Surely Dernbach's last season?

Foakes started season okay, but of late has been average. Dernbach is only 33 and had a long injury layoff. I think he will still be at Surrey next year. His bowling has not been great i know.
Rikki Clarke was great last season,but again he has been poor this year. 38 next year. He could be one to be released. Batty 42 is another who could make way for Virdi. Stoneman and Borthwick must be at the end of their deals. Both should be released. Elgar has not really done it either. Jordon Clark has hardly pulled up trees. Not sure why we signed him.

The team in general has been crap this year and there has to be changes for next year. At the end of the day the finger points to the top. Stewart.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:20 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
To be relying on Dernbach, Batty, Clarke & Tahir in the T20 this season speaks volumes. All at least a season past their T20 sell-by dates, notwithstanding the fact that the first three have been great servants to the County.
Old 13-08-2019, 08:00 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
Foakes started season okay, but of late has been average. Dernbach is only 33 and had a long injury layoff. I think he will still be at Surrey next year. His bowling has not been great i know.
Rikki Clarke was great last season,but again he has been poor this year. 38 next year. He could be one to be released. Batty 42 is another who could make way for Virdi. Stoneman and Borthwick must be at the end of their deals. Both should be released. Elgar has not really done it either. Jordon Clark has hardly pulled up trees. Not sure why we signed him.

The team in general has been crap this year and there has to be changes for next year. At the end of the day the finger points to the top. Stewart.
What has happened to Plunkett ? I know he has been cr*p in the few games he has played for Surrey, but surely available now, after the WC ? Or is he injured ? And does Morkel not play in T20 ? Or injured, as well ?
Old 13-08-2019, 02:50 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What has made this season so hard to stomach is just how poor we have been especially coming after the all conquering year we had last season, when we did not just win but demolished all comers. Ok we have had bad luck with injuries also call up's and that has had a bearing, but when we have been so poor it is hard to find a reason to justify the poor showing.
I agree with AndyEagle in that changes are certain to happen next season, unfortunately i can see us mainly promoting youngsters which is fine for the long term but we also need a short term answer. Somehow we must for starters find a replacement for the prolific Sangakara possibly an impossible task, Elgar has disappointed and is not the answer as our middle order is woefully short of batting consistency, and the other players Andy mentioned needs looking at.
It promises to be a long winter of head scratching ahead for Stewart to come up with answers.
Old 13-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Judging by many of the emails Surrey send to members they seem to think playing for England is more important than playing Twenty 20 for Surrey (other forms of county cricket sometimes available).

Sadly I can't see anything changing while Stewart is in charge.
Old 13-08-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
What has happened to Plunkett ? I know he has been cr*p in the few games he has played for Surrey, but surely available now, after the WC ? Or is he injured ? And does Morkel not play in T20 ? Or injured, as well ?
Plunkett is injured. Morkel I think is resting.

Who is going to the yearly awards?. The only people getting awards should be us
Old 14-08-2019, 03:46 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
I've had one day at the Oval this season. Poor value for the cost of my season ticket. The weather and the World Cup but mostly Surrey's poor play are the reasons. I'm hopeful I can see a couple of days first class cricket before the season ends. Not for me the T20 stuff. I'll watch on tv but the 'rules' of play for bad weather are as meaningful as sitting around and spending money you had not counted on spending in the bars to see the outcome of two people playing stone, rock, scissors whilst they shelter under an umbrella and you are cold and wet. Then there are the 'hired gun' mercenaries paid big money with little allegiance to the clubs.

Cricket is just an interval for the football season for me. I can't take it seriously. As soon as players become worth watching they are soon off to play for England or to become glorified drinks waiters.

The way our warmer and wetter Summers are going, according to some because of Global Warming, first class cricket, including tests will be at risk of staying around in 15/20 years, Even India is tiring of the first class game for the instant gratification of the IPL. Whilst here there is a limit to how many recorded highlights broadcasters will want to show or keep paying ex players to chat away in studios for hours of no play.

If cricket had not been invented, with our weather now, it's arguable if it would catch on now.

If the ice caps melt at the continuing rate, the Northern Hemisphere will see major cities under water with great swathes of population displaced. Cricket's survival will be the least of Mankind's concerns.
Old 14-08-2019, 05:10 PM

Well you have only got Hants next week and the winter game the end of September.

Should not think Sussex will be too worried looking at our same squad minus Sam c.
Their only concern will be that Finch is due a score.

New Laker/L stand building work starts at end of Sept. Anyone know when completion will be?
Old 14-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post

If the ice caps melt at the continuing rate, the Northern Hemisphere will see major cities under water with great swathes of population displaced. Cricket's survival will be the least of Mankind's concerns.
Well, that's really cheered me up
Old 14-08-2019, 05:46 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
Well, that's really cheered me up
Oh dear I'm sorry!

Maybe I'm gloomy because of the antics of a certain Mr WZ. The goings on at Selhurst tend to affect my moods and sense of 'everything in the garden'.

I'm sure I'll cheer up when we have a couple of consecutive sunny days at the Oval and Surrey win.

Palace's fortunes matter most though and I don't want to highjack this thread so I better hide my gloomyness.
Old 14-08-2019, 09:03 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Continuing on the theme of weather Kent's game against Glamorgan was unsurprisingly rained off tonight. Fustrating as I thought we might have won that. The next match is against Sussex on Friday to start Canterbury Cricket Week.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:12 PM

Sam Curran released for our next 3 games starting tonight. Does help a bit. Jason could pop across as well. He has hardly had a tough day. Ar least Burns digging in. At least we should get the full overs tonight. Finch due a ton.
Old 15-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post

I'm sure I'll cheer up when we have a couple of consecutive sunny days at the Oval and Surrey win.
You could be gloomy for the rest of the season with those criteria
Old 15-08-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Sam Curran released for our next 3 games starting tonight. Does help a bit. Jason could pop across as well. He has hardly had a tough day. Ar least Burns digging in. At least we should get the full overs tonight. Finch due a ton.
Maybe tomorrow........
Old 15-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I'm not crowing yet!