Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 30-08-2018, 09:23 AM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
He's played 32 minutes in the League so far and those were in the tail end of three games. Bonkers to write him off so early.
Yep and he has already scored in a competitive game. He should start on Saturday
Old 30-08-2018, 09:34 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
This is the key point for me. For months I have been backing Benteke to come good and it's not happened. Of course, I recognise that he sometimes plays well, but there comes a time when that's not enough unless he is scoring goals.

The one thing that hasn't really happened is a kick up the backside from a direct replacement. Who knows, maybe it is what he needs?

I don't particularly care who is the better player right now, the aim must be to get Benteke firing again and whether giving Sorloth a start does that or whether it actually enables Sorloth to grow in confidence and do enough to retain his place doesn't particularly matter. I don't see that we have a lot to lose in that department.
That's more or less as i see it. Benteke always starts and maybe Sorloth gets a few minutes late in the game.
How about reversing that so Sorloth starts and give Benteke 15 minutes as sub, sitting on the bench might just fire him up to try and get his place back.
Old 30-08-2018, 09:37 AM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
That's more or less as i see it. Benteke always starts and maybe Sorloth gets a few minutes late in the game.
How about reversing that so Sorloth starts and give Benteke 15 minutes as sub, sitting on the bench might just fire him up to try and get his place back.
How about we go back to Wilf and Townsend up front and them both on the bench
Old 30-08-2018, 09:39 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Funny you say that, I was going to post the same.

Scored many many goals, but always seemed to be fighting for acceptance, and always trying to be replaced.

Certainly a hero of mine, but others around us at the game would moan a lot about him... another Marmite player I guess (Along with Gayle).
I remember Big Mal once saying that Swindlehurst always vomited with nerves before every game.
Old 30-08-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Sorloth isn’t very good on the evidence we have seen so far. Still waiting to be convinced otherwise. He’d certainly not be ahead of ayew in my book.
Why, was he that good when you saw him plating for Palace?
Old 30-08-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
How about we go back to Wilf and Townsend up front and them both on the bench
Yes but they would BOTH need to play the whole game time, who would sub wilf to put Sorloth on, they would be crucified.
Old 30-08-2018, 09:53 AM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes but they would BOTH need to play the whole game time, who would sub wilf to put Sorloth on, they would be crucified.
What if we were 4 0 up?
Old 30-08-2018, 09:54 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not convinced by Sorloth, and BTW he played 90 mins vs Spuds last season. It is very hard to judge without a run of games it is true. I would give Benteke 4 more games to get his confidence back. If we are losing I would take him off. Such a shame that shot vs Watford did not find the net.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:02 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
How do you find out if a young player can cut it in a foreign league?
He's been slow, had a poor touch, passed it poorly and has hardly won us over with a never say die work ethic. Thus far he looks far more likely to be a total waste of money rather than a hidden gem. The goal he scored was poor goalkeeping.

I can't deny he would need games to prove he isn't good enough. I just fully expect that to be the case should that ever happen. I have my doubts he'll ever get the game time to decide the debate.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:03 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why, was he that good when you saw him plating for Palace?
I am no big believer that ayew is the answer on a general level. I just think he is likely to be far better than sorloth from what i have seen. I have seen more of ayew than sorloth.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:09 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Sorloth is up there with Gareth Taylor as one of the worst strikers I've seen at Palace, no way should he replace Benteke.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:13 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
He's been slow, had a poor touch, passed it poorly and has hardly won us over with a never say die work ethic. Thus far he looks far more likely to be a total waste of money rather than a hidden gem. The goal he scored was poor goalkeeping.

I can't deny he would need games to prove he isn't good enough. I just fully expect that to be the case should that ever happen. I have my doubts he'll ever get the game time to decide the debate.

I think he’s worked hard (he’s lacking match fitness)
He’s scored a goal (should be 2)
He ain’t slow
He wins loads in the air.
He is 22.
What was Glen Murray doing at 22?

He needs 6-7 consecutive games... then we can make a judgement. When did palace fans become so spursy?

A young player joins a new team in a different league/country and if don’t look like a experienced pro, we write him off? I remember people coating Jedi after his first few games.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
I think Sorloth is up there with Gareth Taylor as one of the worst strikers I've seen at Palace
What absolute bollocks
Old 30-08-2018, 12:17 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I think he’s worked hard (he’s lacking match fitness)
He’s scored a goal (should be 2)
He ain’t slow
He wins loads in the air.
He is 22.
What was Glen Murray doing at 22?

He needs 6-7 consecutive games... then we can make a judgement. When did palace fans become so spursy?

A young player joins a new team in a different league/country and if don’t look like a experienced pro, we write him off? I remember people coating Jedi after his first few games.
This is my view. Far too early to write him off.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:21 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
Not convinced by Sorloth, and BTW he played 90 mins vs Spuds last season. It is very hard to judge without a run of games it is true. I would give Benteke 4 more games to get his confidence back. If we are losing I would take him off. Such a shame that shot vs Watford did not find the net.
4 more games is such an arbitrary number though. He's had an entire season and the beginning of this season. Why draw the line at 4? Why not 3? Why not 5?
Old 30-08-2018, 12:24 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think Sorloth is up there with Gareth Taylor as one of the worst strikers I've seen at Palace, no way should he replace Benteke.
People write some shit on here...
Old 30-08-2018, 12:26 PM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Quote:
I see it the other way rouund. Benteke in the Akinbiyo, Gareth Taylor mould and Sorloth should definitely replace him. But each to their own.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post

90 mins vs Spurs is enough to be unconvinced by a new player yet a completely random 4 more games for Benteke after 30+ games is what you wanna see?
Old 30-08-2018, 12:41 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why does everything on this board have to be one extreme or another! He's a young lad playing in a league several levels above what he is used to. He's not "shit" and he's not the new Shearer. but he's shown he has a burst of pace, is strong and knows where the goal is. Whilst he's probably not ready to play 1 up top in the league. he's a decent outlet. Let him develop.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:43 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fella View Post
Why does everything on this board have to be one extreme or another! He's a young lad playing in a league several levels above what he is used to. He's not "shit" and he's not the new Shearer. but he's shown he has a burst of pace, is strong and knows where the goal is. Whilst he's probably not ready to play 1 up top in the league. he's a decent outlet. Let him develop.

It’s the Football Manager generation.