Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-04-2020, 01:37 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Coronavirus - advice for families with disabled children.

I know there are a fair number of BBSers who have disabled children.

I thought, therefore, it might be helpful if I shared this link. It's a page signposting a range of information and advice for families with disabled children, with everything from helplines to ideas for keeping children entertained during the lockdown.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 04-04-2020, 05:22 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Thanks so much for posting Steve - some good stuff in there. Hope you and the family are coping as well as expected.

What a nightmare this is. Just so gutted for my little-un. Try to explain to her why she isn’t doing any of the fun things we used to every day, but being non verbal and reluctant to give much away in other forms of communication, it’s hard to know if she understands.

Take her for an hours drive everyday (not sure if allowed) but she needs it and looks forward to it now. Sad thing is, when i go near one of her favourite soft play or swimming centres, I can see the look of hope in her eyes, then when I don’t take that turn she lets out a real cry of frustration - it’s heartbreaking.

Due to her condition, it is so hard to do fun ‘educational’ tasks with her as you would a typically developing kid, as she has very high anxiety and has a fear of being made to do things. Anticipatory anxiety it’s called. It’s really weird - she knows instantly if you’re trying to teach her something and has a fight or flight reaction. My skin looks like a scratch pad! Just a simple task that most kids love like colouring-in or painting, I’ve had to do using quick exposure techniques, where you just do it for just a few seconds then build up the time she does it. She stretches my creativity and lateral thinking to the max.

We did a rainbow for the window, like all the other kids in the street. Decided to go with a finger paint idea and did it hand over (reluctant) hand. Took her 3 days to finish - bit by bit - but got there in the end. Think I’m prouder of it than she is though.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel