Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-08-2011, 03:08 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
That's a shame - we are going to miss each other.

I'll be setting off by train on Friday. I hope to see a few of you there.

My programme:

Saturday 6: Paul Foot + best of the Fest
Sunday 7: Andrew Maxwell + see below
Monday 8: Dave Gorman + Henning Wehn
Tuesday 9: Imran Yusuf + Tom Strade + Showstopper!
Wednesday 10: Fred MacAuley
Thursday 11: Ed Byrne + Jason Byrne
Friday 12: Sarah Millican + Chris Ramsey.

and Hilltop Meggie's offspring on Sunday 7.

Let me know if you might be there and I shall send you my mobile number by PM.
Try and see Michael Legge solo show, if you get the chance.

Humour similar in both style and accent to our very own Dave.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:09 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Might squeeze a plug for my friend's show in here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltop Meggie

Do share...
The clue is in the post.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69
The clue is in the post.
On a postcard?

Is the dance thingy then?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's his username, not his act name.

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My friend is performing this year.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Really recommend going to the Tattoo if you can fit it in. I know it's totally different to the festival, but it's always a really good show. Even better if you can get to a show that ends with midnight fireworks
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 03-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
If anyone happens to see Gareth Morinan's show, I'd be interested to know what it's like. (I'm not expecting anyone to have heard of him, nor is this a recommendation - just I used to work with him.)

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 03-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
My daughter is performing this year

ex-Palace Cheerleader as well

I've seen the London preview and it's very good and very funny.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Did the Fringe loads in early 80s and particularly liked taking a punt on something with little expectation. Lowest point was at Attilla the Stockbroker gig when my mate pointed out I was Palace which led to merciless ribbing. Have fun all and have a pint of 80 shilling for me.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo

Here's the link to the venue - has more information - To view the link you have to Register or Login

There's links to their Facebook page and Twitter accounts as well.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:41 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Been and return I'm afraid. Did both Oedipus and Medea in one afternoon so ended up on the 80' just to get some life back into the limbs.
Old 18-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Lead Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo

Bump - they just got a five star review from 'What's on stage'

(actually got the fifth star for my daughter's performance)

Sold out for eight days running - not many places do that
Old 29-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I shall be making my annual pilgrimage to the Fringe Festival on Saturday for 10 days - anyone else from the BBS planning on making the trip this year?
Old 29-07-2012, 10:04 PM

WandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWandsworthEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Having a long weekend at the festival, really looking forward to it.

What shows are you seeing James.

Havent booked yet but hoping to see:

Alan Davies
Stewart Lee
Rob Deering
The early edition
Always be comedy
Chris Coltrane

Will probably save some space so that we can pop to any shows that we see while we're there

Also seeing Toots and the Maytals on Thursday 9th who just happen to be in town which I'm very excited about
Old 29-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
I shall be making my annual pilgrimage to the Fringe Festival on Saturday for 10 days - anyone else from the BBS planning on making the trip this year?
In a controversial act I might go to the proper festival this year.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 30-07-2012, 06:21 PM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Can't make it this year as the missus has changed jobs and doesn't have the holiday. Gutted!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandsworthEagle
Having a long weekend at the festival, really looking forward to it.

What shows are you seeing James.

Havent booked yet but hoping to see:

Alan Davies
Stewart Lee
Rob Deering
The early edition
Always be comedy
Chris Coltrane

Will probably save some space so that we can pop to any shows that we see while we're there

Also seeing Toots and the Maytals on Thursday 9th who just happen to be in town which I'm very excited about
In date order (over 10 days):

Fred MacAulay
Seann Walsh
Marcus Brigstocke
Josh Widdicombe
Simon Evans
Max and Ivan Are... Con Artists
WitTank
Tom Stade
Abandoman
The Cambridge Footlights
Danny Bhoy
Daniel Kitson
Return of the Lumberjacks
Jimeoin
Alan Davies
Jason Byrne
Paul Foot
Showstoppers
Unbelievable Truth BBC
Chris Ramsey
Tony Law

I'll be on the train at 10:30am tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:28 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
In date order (over 10 days):

Fred MacAulay
Seann Walsh
Marcus Brigstocke
Josh Widdicombe
Simon Evans
Max and Ivan Are... Con Artists
WitTank
Tom Stade
Abandoman
The Cambridge Footlights
Danny Bhoy
Daniel Kitson
Return of the Lumberjacks
Jimeoin
Alan Davies
Jason Byrne
Paul Foot
Showstoppers
Unbelievable Truth BBC
Chris Ramsey
Tony Law

I'll be on the train at 10:30am tomorrow.
Daniel Kitson is well worth seeing.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 AM
JD

Trilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What are you seeing at the Edinburgh Festival?

Anyone going this year?

What are you planning on seeing?

What was good last year?

Anyone performing?