Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I will be there again this year.

In previous years, I have booked a shed load of shows, but this time I will only be booking a few and trying to find some relatively unknown performers. My Fringe guide arrived this morning, but I haven't yet had a chance to look at it.

So far, I have booked Bridget Christie, Stewart Lee and Tony Law. If you like comedy, the following have been recommended by a friend of mine:

Pierre Novellie
Tim Renkow
John Kearns
Felicity Ward
Sara Pascoe
Lou Sanders
Luisa Omelian
Tommy Rowson
Adam Riches
Adam Hess
Richard Gadd
Stuart Mitchell
Fin Taylor
Dan Schreiber
Natasia Demetriou
David Trent
Liam Williams

I will be arriving on 2 August and - depending on whether Palace are playing on the 16th - will be returning on either Friday 15th or Saturday 16th.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
In date order (over 10 days):

Fred MacAulay
Seann Walsh
Marcus Brigstocke
Josh Widdicombe
Simon Evans
Max and Ivan Are... Con Artists
WitTank
Tom Stade
Abandoman
The Cambridge Footlights
Danny Bhoy
Daniel Kitson
Return of the Lumberjacks
Jimeoin
Alan Davies
Jason Byrne
Paul Foot
Showstoppers
Unbelievable Truth BBC
Chris Ramsey
Tony Law

I'll be on the train at 10:30am tomorrow.
Paul Foot live is an experience. He's a mentalist (an amusing mentalist that is).
Old 05-06-2014, 11:45 AM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Paul Foot live is an experience. He's a mentalist (an amusing mentalist that is).
That was my list from 2012!

Paul Foot is indeed 'a mentalist'. His show is completely surreal. You need to buy into his nonsense to enjoy it. I have seen him a few times and may well see him again this year.

Tom Stade is another comedian I usually try and see. He is very funny (but exceptionally crude, and if he picks on you be prepared for humiliation).
Old 05-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Not sure if he's playing there this year, but I know he has done before - guy called Damo (Damian) Clark. Aussie bloke & seriously funny. I saw him last night at the Top Secret Comedy Club in Covent Garden funnily enough. Third time I've seen him & he's been class each time. Isn't the sort to be too lewd or lay into the audience (which I do actually enjoy - I love Frankie Boyle) but he seems a really nice bloke & is just funny. So yeah, if he's there, I strongly recommend him.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
That was my list from 2012!

Paul Foot is indeed 'a mentalist'. His show is completely surreal. You need to buy into his nonsense to enjoy it. I have seen him a few times and may well see him again this year.

Tom Stade is another comedian I usually try and see. He is very funny (but exceptionally crude, and if he picks on you be prepared for humiliation).
Yeah, I saw one of his secret shows in the top of a pub before Xmas. It involved him mounting members of the audience, making up ridiculous stories & saying 'baaaaybaaaaaay' a lot - I sincerely enjoyed it. But my girlfriend didn't really get it. Divides opinion but then the best ones normally do!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
I think people who have to pay to get laughs are sadder than those who use prossies for sex.

EDIT - judging by the last couple of posts, it may be even sadder that some people use comedians for both laughter AND sexual experiences.

Also, I know it's nigh on eleven years ago now, but the sheer lack of connectedness between the first three posts on this thread trouble me.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I think people who have to pay to get laughs are sadder than those who use prossies for sex.
The words of someone trying to justify the money they spend on brasses.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:01 PM

One of the most memorable trips last year was the short walk to Tynecastle to watch the Edinburgh derby, which Hearts won 1-0 in a fantastic match. The ground was full and the atmosphere almost as good as Selhurst Park. Since both clubs were relegated this year, there may be an opportunity for a repeat in 2014.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
Quote:
The words of someone trying to justify the money they spend on brasses.
Your girlfriend got it when she was with me.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Premiership 2019/20

rbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Try and check out 'Idiots of Ants' if they are there this year - seen them the last two and thought they were brilliantly funny
Old 05-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Your girlfriend got it when she was with me.
Maybe try paying for comedy if that's best 'banter' you've got.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Maybe try paying for comedy if that's best 'banter' you've got.
Darts.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 05-06-2014, 12:20 PM

I'm not sure if WitTank will be there again this year, but they are excellent (and getting better each year).
Old 07-06-2014, 07:24 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
I went to The Pleasance's 30th Birthday party last night - 30 years ! Good grief, I feel old ...
Old 07-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
11 years for 25 posts

slow
Old 07-06-2014, 07:45 PM
JD

Trilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I will be there again this year.

In previous years, I have booked a shed load of shows, but this time I will only be booking a few and trying to find some relatively unknown performers. My Fringe guide arrived this morning, but I haven't yet had a chance to look at it.

So far, I have booked Bridget Christie, Stewart Lee and Tony Law. If you like comedy, the following have been recommended by a friend of mine:

Pierre Novellie
Tim Renkow
John Kearns
Felicity Ward
Sara Pascoe
Lou Sanders
Luisa Omelian
Tommy Rowson
Adam Riches
Adam Hess
Richard Gadd
Stuart Mitchell
Fin Taylor
Dan Schreiber
Natasia Demetriou
David Trent
Liam Williams

I will be arriving on 2 August and - depending on whether Palace are playing on the 16th - will be returning on either Friday 15th or Saturday 16th.
Tim Renkow is very very good and Adam Hess is apparently my doppleganger (only much funnier)
Old 07-06-2014, 10:19 PM
JD

Trilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Also my tip would be Joz Norris at Daisy in the Udderbelly in Bristo Square at 4.20.
Old 17-07-2014, 04:34 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
JD and James: if you're about for the Arsenal match - or any other BBS'ers, the lads up here: me, Exiled Stirling, Elgin Eagle, Keltic Eagle, are planning on finding a pub in Edinburgh to watch the game in - more than welcome to join us.

Even if you fancy meeting beforehand for a drink and Palace chat, that would be good too.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 17-07-2014, 06:04 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
JD and James: if you're about for the Arsenal match - or any other BBS'ers, the lads up here: me, Exiled Stirling, Elgin Eagle, Keltic Eagle, are planning on finding a pub in Edinburgh to watch the game in - more than welcome to join us.

Even if you fancy meeting beforehand for a drink and Palace chat, that would be good too.
Can I come?
Old 17-07-2014, 06:16 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

I might struggle to get my shift covered . Won't know til the day before