Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-07-2014, 06:18 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
JD and James: if you're about for the Arsenal match - or any other BBS'ers, the lads up here: me, Exiled Stirling, Elgin Eagle, Keltic Eagle, are planning on finding a pub in Edinburgh to watch the game in - more than welcome to join us.

Even if you fancy meeting beforehand for a drink and Palace chat, that would be good too.
Try and make sure the commentary is in English this time bubbs
Old 17-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I will be there again this year.
And no doubt, next year you will be there to review the stage version of the Slaugher and * sponsored Mitchell Movie that has invaded the bloody internet recently.

Today I even found a link to it on a sodding fishing website. it's polluting the virtual world James and should stop.

*Someone Else whose name escapes me.
Old 17-07-2014, 08:22 PM

peter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw Let Luce previewing Show Pony (pre-Edinburgh) at The Etctera in Camden on Tuesday - very funny/surreal story of Eamon the disillusioned pantomime horse and her adventures with Ian McShane (as Lovejoy) and others...

Warning, if u sit in the front row you will be asked to act the role of Sebastian Coe.

Massively recommended!
Old 17-07-2014, 08:58 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Can I come?
Be great to finally meet you Al. Do you know Edinburgh haunts much?

Was thinking of The Shakespeare in Lothian Road as I'm sure the commentary will be in our native tongue there.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 18-07-2014, 03:09 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Be great to finally meet you Al. Do you know Edinburgh haunts much?

Was thinking of The Shakespeare in Lothian Road as I'm sure the commentary will be in our native tongue there.
Only ever been to Edinburgh Station, but will find my way easy enough.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:22 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
*bump*

Thinking about going up to Edinburgh for the festival this summer, will be my first time (have been numerous times at other times of the year so know the city reasonably well).

I am thinking about staying in Leith and travelling in as, unsurprisingly, accommodation in central Edinburgh is in high demand. Can any locals or festival veterans advise if this is a good idea? I am aware that Leith has a certain reputation, but I understand it is no longer quite as it was depicted in Trainspotting. Am I likely to be able to get a taxi back late at night or are they difficult to find/stupidly expensive during the festival?
Old 10-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Premiership 2019/20

rbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We go up every year, and stayed in Leith for the first time last year; bus service is OK and a taxi was about a fiver if I recall - not sure if it is a bit more late at night.

The area was OK, it kind of depends where you are staying.. we rented a flat in a brutal concrete block called Cable Wynd and it was noisy at night, very noisy on the weekend.

Didn't feel unsafe though
Old 10-03-2017, 01:51 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarmy View Post
We go up every year, and stayed in Leith for the first time last year; bus service is OK and a taxi was about a fiver if I recall - not sure if it is a bit more late at night.

The area was OK, it kind of depends where you are staying.. we rented a flat in a brutal concrete block called Cable Wynd and it was noisy at night, very noisy on the weekend.

Cheers.

Any other advice out there from seasoned festival goers for this Fringe novice?
Old 10-03-2017, 02:03 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
You might get cheaper accommodation in Fife or out stirling way. Good train service and the edinburgh to Glasgow run a later train too so you could look at accommodation in Glasgow, Falkirk or Linlithgow. Also if there are any Live palace games you can meet up with the scotch branch (we ain't as mad as some on here make us out to be)
Old 10-03-2017, 02:09 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
(we ain't as mad as some on here make us out to be)
You are too kind to yourself. I think you will find that when you state 'us' it actually simply refers to you.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:09 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
You might get cheaper accommodation in Fife or out stirling way. Good train service and the edinburgh to Glasgow run a later train too so you could look at accommodation in Glasgow, Falkirk or Linlithgow. Also if there are any Live palace games you can meet up with the scotch branch (we ain't as mad as some on here make us out to be)
Yes we are

Don't signal smoz out to Falkirk, he'll never get back out alive

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:24 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Quote:

You have trains up there? I can't imagine how the third rail copes with all that snow

If I do get there in August my plan is to split my time between Glasgow and Edinburgh (probably four nights in each), with day trips out to see members of family scattered further afield.

I would love to meet up for a beer with any of you lot up there as long as you promise not to talk about trains.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:25 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Yes we are

Don't signal smoz out to Falkirk, he'll never get back out alive
Mrs Smoz has her sights set on a trip out to see the Falkirk Wheel while we are up there.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:50 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Mrs Smoz has her sights set on a trip out to see the Falkirk Wheel while we are up there.
In all seriousness it would be a lot cheaper to stay there, and you are only 20 minutes from glasgow or edinburgh, with loads of trains. Don't forget to go to Kirkcaldy and to visit all the buildings in ruins there. Plus they have beaches. Will definitely make time for a meet, hopefully for Mark Steel if he has a new show.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
The Falkirk wheel is spectacular but if you are going a trip on it pretty expensive. If you are in Falkirk visit the kelpies too

Kelpies

The Helix, Grangemouth, Falkirk FK2 7ZT
01324 590600

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by keltic eagle; 10-03-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
You are too kind to yourself. I think you will find that when you state 'us' it actually simply refers to you.

Note I didn't mention alloa as a place to stay
Old 10-03-2017, 04:18 PM
Hol user Barcelona Based

Barcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Love Edinburgh use this site

Old 10-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Hol user Barcelona Based

Barcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcelona B Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If anyone wants a lovely B&b near Edinburgh with a castle ruin close by look at

Stunning but a fair drive from Edinburgh but close to North Berwick
Old 10-03-2017, 05:10 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarmy View Post

Agreed. We also go regularly to the festival and last year stayed in Leith for the first time. We got an Airbnb flat in a quiet block of flats just off the main street. Other than a few pitbulls and drunks late at night (where in Edinburgh doesn't have that), it was absolutely fine. Traffic up the hill can get a bit congested so we tended to walk in around lunchtime and walk back late at night (downhill all the way back). Couldn't help but hum Sunshine on Leith as we walked up and down. Taxis are easy to find too.

I really wouldn't stay outside of the city though. My mother lives in St Andrews and we have stayed there a few times during festival and we found having to make certain trains a real pain - also tended to be very crowded.

As for the festival itself, get the huge festival guide when it comes out and mark out things you might want to see as it can be overwhelming just leaving it until you get there. If there are any big name comedians you want to see book ahead as they tend to sell out. However, we always find it more fun (and cheaper) seeing the unknowns and bizarre looking stuff. Also there is plenty of good stuff on the free fringe - they do a voluntary collection at the end. It can get quite expensive as you can easily end up seeing 5 or more shows a day so if you don't mind going early on before the reviews come out you can get 2 for 1 deals.

Above all, it is a fantastic time to be in Edinburgh so enjoy yourselves.

Last edited by stamford triumph; 10-03-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:20 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Note I didn't mention alloa as a place to stay
That is to your credit I have to admit but you are still a ****.