Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-05-2006, 04:12 PM
the lovely river mole

jolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Giving up Drinking

I am an alcoholic or at least a problem drinker. I don't get violent i don't lose days (or nights) I just drink ...... too much. My regualr intake would be on a day off

Lunchtime 4 pints of stella
evenings back to the pub for another 3 home a bottle of wine infront of the TV and maybe a bottle or 2 of stella to finish off

that would be EVERY day I am not at work (I only work 3-4 days a week)

if i was working days i would go to the bar and have a couple of pints before i went home stop at the pub and have 3 or 4 when i got to the end of the road then home for wine or beer

on nights i'd probably have 5-6 pints in the bar at work less thean usaual as i did have to work.

So as you can all see i am / was a magor pisshead. I have stopped drinking now for three weeks which involved a week of not sleeping and about 10 days of sleeping too much I have lost about half a stone and dont really feel that much different.

Has anyone else on here done similar or had similar problems ?

feel free to unburden your self here
Old 23-05-2006, 04:29 PM
the lovely river mole

jolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i guess no-one has ever had a problem
Old 23-05-2006, 04:34 PM

Little Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't bet on it! You're posting outside of peak hours, plus there's a bit of commotion on GPD for some reason.

You seem to be doing well after three weeks. I imagine you'll notice a real difference after 2/3 months. if you play a sport or do any other excercies I imagine it will get a lot easier!

Good luck, you're doing the right thing, and I'm sure it will be tough at times.
Old 23-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Anarchosyndicalist

Location: Nearer to inner peace than I was. Corporeally, Chippenham.
calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Check pms.

Palace ST holder for 40 years. Palace bonded me with my Dad. I met my partner and several great friends through the club. Palace have mad, passionate, funny supporters, and ex-players who care enough about the club to stay in touch. It's a roller-coaster ride, but thatís the way we like it. And itís not plastic. Palace til I die.
Old 23-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
hmmmmmmmmm, i'm not helping myself out that much either, i'm not always down the pub, i'd say i go 4 times a week, but my fridge always has beer in it. I reckon i have 4 tins a night, every night, more on weekends, thats surely not good! I am a young whippersnapper, but that probably makes it worse, i've got a very addictive personality, and have no plans on stopping too soon!!

Good luck with it Jolly, Braver than me!
Old 23-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
yep, I had a problem while at uni. Think I've mentioned it before, not just with alcohol but it was the whole lifestyle and over the three years it really escalated until I was totally depressed at what a mess I'd become. But there were other issues there too for me, and I think the key was physically removing myself from the situation. I finished my degree and went back home, I very deliberately left everything and everyone who'd contributed to the problem behind. Back at home I went back to the way I lived my life before and there was such a desperation not to go back that never did.

I think the key was that I really, deeply hated the person I'd become. It was like watching someone else from a distance, like in a computer game. The person I was inside didn't drink so much, didn't take drugs, didn't make an idiot of himself but it was like a runaway train and very hard to get off. I never got anywhere until I put physical distance between myself and the place/people and almost straight away, I felt like myself again.

But that was a very strange situation. I doubt it would work for most people. I never drink now. I don't want to.

BECCH10

(C) 2007. note to self - needs changing
Old 23-05-2006, 04:44 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good effort dude, but now is when you find out how boring fishing is without a few cans by your side

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 23-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think you will begin to enjoy life more without the booze. I know a number of people who have quit drinking and they always want a drink, but, there quality of life has improved so much since ditching the drink, that they are able to stay off it.
I haven't quit, but, I drink very infrequently these days and I find myself enjoying life so much more.
Old 23-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Also, Think of the money you'd save! i'd be saving AT LEAST a £5 a day!!!
Old 23-05-2006, 04:59 PM
the lovely river mole

Quote:
Originally posted by spunky
Good effort dude, but now is when you find out how boring fishing is without a few cans by your side
oddly enough i never drink while fishing ! actually i just stopped fishing and went to the pub LOL
Old 23-05-2006, 08:16 PM
the lovely river mole

any of the late crew want to add their thoughts ?
Old 23-05-2006, 08:18 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by jolly
oddly enough i never drink while fishing ! actually i just stopped fishing and went to the pub LOL
To be fair considering how bad i am thats what i should do

@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Old 23-05-2006, 08:18 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by jolly
any of the late crew want to add their thoughts ?
Late crew at 9.15, you havein a bubble mate?

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 23-05-2006, 08:34 PM

delboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would try and find a hobby to take your mind off it. Something that you used to enjoy but stopped doing.

If you used to drive you were probably permanantly over the limit as you were just topping yourself up with each drink.

As they say take each day at a time.

I play on-line chess and have to say that some of my most catistrophic sessions have been after a few, and I mean few, beers. Some of the moves I made looked good at the time. Next day I could not believe it. I'm sure some of the others in the team will agree as well.

Good luck.
Old 23-05-2006, 08:43 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
you've done really well giving up for 3 weeks. I was going to give myself a break of 4 weeks and lasted one.

I must average a bottle of wine a night. I try an have the odd night without booze but also have nights when I will drink 2 or even 3 bottles of wine.
Old 23-05-2006, 09:54 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The booze is an iceberg that I have sailed close to on a few occassions and even bumped into once or twice and recognise that its always going to be something in my life I have to watch out for.

I have really cut down on the amount I drink and have found myself keeping of the booze for months at a time but I dont want to give it up altogether as I realise the problem is more me than it.

My own problem is that it becomes part of an inward focus that I can easily slip into and I found myself very much a solitary drinker by choice. I would come home from work, knock back 2 to 3 'Pop Star' sized Gin and Tonics, polish off a bottle of wine with dinner and then work my way through several beers over the rest of the evening. Now I try to limit my drinking to the occassional night out down the Pub and perhaps some wine and beer at the weekends.

My life is better, when viewed over-all, when I dont drink and when I do wake up with the occassional dry mouth and dicky tummty I realise that I dont miss the old days at all.

Good luck with staying on the wagon and never think you are alone with what you are facing. I think that a lot of us have realised that the booze has taken more from us than its given and the fact that you have recognised you have issues with it now is a positive.
Old 23-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
It's all about what you feel comfortable with really. I know people who drink lunch, after work and all evening every day for 30 or 40 years and they are right as rain - other people have a few beers a couple of nights running and beat themselves up over it.
Old 23-05-2006, 10:11 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC

Good luck with staying on the wagon and never think you are alone with what you are facing. I think that a lot of us have realised that the booze has taken more from us than its given and the fact that you have recognised you have issues with it now is a positive.
Amen to that
Old 24-05-2006, 05:14 AM
the lovely river mole

Quote:
Originally posted by spunky
Late crew at 9.15, you havein a bubble mate?

LOL i meant the evening crew actually and as I dont drink and my body is a temple i was going to bed

If you believe that you'll believe anything ( well bit's are true)
Old 08-06-2006, 02:42 PM
the lovely river mole

Time for an update. 5 and a bit weeks now lost a stone done loads round the house and my wife says i have stopped snoring.

So far nothing good to report yet will i survive the world cup without a drink ?