Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-07-2007, 09:09 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by SexualChocolate
Lol! My point is simple. If you feel SO strongly about mind changing substances, you can't completely dismiss the dangers of alcohol. People should have a choice imo. Claiming 'heritage' and 'genetic tolerance' are weak arguments. If you ban cannabis, make it unilateral and ban alcohol too. Personally, i prefer a small smoke to a small drink, others prefer it the other way round. Either substance is ok in moderation, once you overstep the mark, both substances can have catastrophic consequences. You can't just base your argument on the fact that you like alcohol, therefore it's ok, in the same way that i can't the other way round.

I am not dismissing the dangers of alcohol. I see it within my own family and those of many of my friends.

I would love to see the legal drinking age raised to 21, I would love to see much stricter licensing restrictions bought in and would make clubs and bars be directly responsible for the cost of the policing in City centres accross the country. I would love to see this countrys drinking culture change. But its been part of this nations heritage since written records began. That does not justify its abuse but it certainly means that it needs treating different to substances that are alien to these shores.

And in case you aint been taking any notice recently the whole notion of Multi-culturalism is dead. It died on July 7th 2005. Of course you and your soc.lib chums can play the racism card as much as you want but that does not alter the fact the onus on those who are part of cultures that are relatively new to this country to adapt to the ways already established, rather than expect to just bring their own beliefs and values here carte blanche.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:11 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Hey PK, i was wondering how long it would take you to get involved in this!
LOL.

PK is a fine example of how balanced smoking dope can make a person. He should be the poster boy for the legalise dope campaign.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by richdeniro
I'm sorry PK, I'm just gonna have to disagree with you on this one.

I'd probably have been on your side a few years ago but have recently seen a member of my family attacked by someone who had a cannabis related psychosis and it really wasn't pretty. Absolutely heartbreaking in fact.

The scenes I saw at the Bethlem Royal Hospital and after talking to the doctors there was really eye opening and at the same time, depressing stuff.
The father of someone close to me drank himself to death. I've witnessed hundreds more incidents of alcohol related violence than I have done cannabis related (the only incident I can recall in 18 years was a lightweight who couldn't handle it). For everyone with a cannabis related mental health problem there's several with an alcohol related one. So do you believe that alcohol should also be prohibited?
Old 18-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
LOL.

PK is a fine example of how balanced smoking dope can make a person. He should be the poster boy for the legalise dope campaign.
No. My stupidity was present long before I started smoking the 'erb I'm afraid.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
What do you suggest is done about it? Making the stuff illegal doesn't work. How do you suggest the problem is dealt with? Personally I think the way to deal with the problem is through education, especially on the early symptoms of THC related psychosis. Unfortunately the government's idea of education is campaigns that misrepresent and give out false information such as the pathetic Talk To Frank.
I wish i had the answers. The liberal standpoint that is being adopted at the moment clearly isn't working although i see some great work being done by drug intervention teams on crappy budgets. A lot of their budgets are taken up with buying new syringes for needle exchanges etc. - keeps me in a job i suppose....
Old 18-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by macs-tash
I wish i had the answers. The liberal standpoint that is being adopted at the moment clearly isn't working although i see some great work being done by drug intervention teams on crappy budgets. A lot of their budgets are taken up with buying new syringes for needle exchanges etc. - keeps me in a job i suppose....
The "liberal" standpoint is failing because it doesn't go far enough. Society's attitude to drugs needs a complete overhaul if the problems related to drugs are going to be overcome. The criminal element needs to be eliminated completely. Since there will always be a demand the supply needs to be controlled by organisations other than criminals. As far as I can see that is the ONLY way to deal with the problem.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:17 PM

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
I am not dismissing the dangers of alcohol. I see it within my own family and those of many of my friends.

I would love to see the legal drinking age raised to 21, I would love to see much stricter licensing restrictions bought in and would make clubs and bars be directly responsible for the cost of the policing in City centres accross the country. I would love to see this countrys drinking culture change. But its been part of this nations heritage since written records began. That does not justify its abuse but it certainly means that it needs treating different to substances that are alien to these shores.

And in case you aint been taking any notice recently the whole notion of Multi-culturalism is dead. It died on July 7th 2005. Of course you and your soc.lib chums can play the racism card as much as you want but that does not alter the fact the onus on those who are part of cultures that are relatively new to this country to adapt to the ways already established, rather than expect to just bring their own beliefs and values here carte blanche.
I generally like your forthrightness on here, but tonight i've seen that your nothing more than an arrogant, pigheaded, racist c*nt. Using 7/7 as an example is absolutely disgusting, that disgusting that i feel compelled to report your post.

So anyone who disagrees with Mat-Ov is a soc.lib? You're laughable! I've got no time for hand-wringing, bearded cord wearing hippies either, i'm just open enough to believe that people should have information to hand to make their own informed decisions for themselves. Does that make me a soc.lib? In any case, what the f uck is soc.lib? Is that a Gaunty-ism? It seems to come out at the end of every argument you have, generally when you're exposed as being a buffoon, oh sorry, a buffoon "with a million pounds worth of property who doesn't feel like he's succeeded". Get over yourself.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
most discerning cannabis users i know don't actually like skunk, its too strong, gets you too stoned, and messes you up for the next day.

cannabis smoking in moderation is no more harmful than having a pint or a glass of wine at the end of the day, but legalising it would probably do more harm than good unfortunately.

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The father of someone close to me drank himself to death. I've witnessed hundreds more incidents of alcohol related violence than I have done cannabis related (the only incident I can recall in 18 years was a lightweight who couldn't handle it). For everyone with a cannabis related mental health problem there's several with an alcohol related one. So do you believe that alcohol should also be prohibited?
I don't. I've seen alcohol related problems in my time too.

But there's something different with a psychosis than alcohol related illnesses.

It's like seeing someone become a madman. Seeing a mind just go like that is one of the most frightening experiences of my life.

And then the aftermath. Seeing a once happy and bright kid having to take these drugs everyday that just turn him into a walking vegetable in order to keep him from getting violent.

It's just my opinion here though - both alcohol and drug related illnesses are heartbreaking. I don't know if I'm right or what the answer is.

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The "liberal" standpoint is failing because it doesn't go far enough. Society's attitude to drugs needs a complete overhaul if the problems related to drugs are going to be overcome. The criminal element needs to be eliminated completely. Since there will always be a demand the supply needs to be controlled by organisations other than criminals. As far as I can see that is the ONLY way to deal with the problem.
Good post.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:20 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Quote:
I generally like your forthrightness on here, but tonight i've seen that your nothing more than an arrogant, pigheaded, racist c*nt. Using 7/7 as an example is absolutely disgusting, that disgusting that i feel compelled to report your post.

Report me if you like. But in my culture there is nobody more despised than a grass, if you will excuse the pun.

And July 7th is a perfectly acceptable example of how the notion of Multi-culturalism has become a discredited ideal.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by richdeniro
I don't. I've seen alcohol related problems in my time too.

But there's something different with a psychosis than alcohol related illnesses.

It's like seeing someone become a madman. Seeing a mind just go like that is one of the most frightening experiences of my life.

And then the aftermath. Seeing a once happy and bright kid having to take these drugs everyday that just turn him into a walking vegetable in order to keep him from getting violent.

It's just my opinion here though - both alcohol and drug related illnesses are heartbreaking. I don't know if I'm right or what the answer is.
And how many times do you hear of an apparrently decent person becoming a monster on drink? Isn't a man who knocks seven shades of shit out of his wife because he can't handle his spirits every bit as scary as someone who reacts to cannabis in a similar way? Also, what exactly does it achieve by making the cannabis abuser a criminal and the alcohol abuser a law abiding citizen?
Old 18-07-2007, 09:27 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Quote:
And how many times do you hear of an apparrently decent person becoming a monster on drink? Isn't a man who knocks seven shades of shit out of his wife because he can't handle his spirits every bit as scary as someone who reacts to cannabis in a similar way? Also, what exactly does it achieve by making the cannabis abuser a criminal and the alcohol abuser a law abiding citizen?

But somebody who abuses alcohol is treated as a criminal. People get jailed for life every week because of it.

Thats a daft arguement.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:28 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I dont know.

For me, I think, the permanency of it. This guy's going to be this way for the rest of his life.

Whereas with alcohol, it can be treated and the effects are usually whilst the person is drunk and when the person gives it up they (and those around them) can go back to a semblance of a normal life.

At least that's my experience of the two. I'm probably wrong though.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

An alcoholic stays an alcoholic for the rest of his life.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Judge Judy & Executioner

Location: Witnessing the elevation of competence over excellence
norwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landnorwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landnorwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landnorwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landnorwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landnorwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landnorwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landnorwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landnorwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landnorwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landnorwood_girl is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally posted by macs-tash
I have to stick up for Matov here. There have been several studies showing that cases of mental illness are significantly higher among people from ethnic minorities.

Here is one

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I do think (and so do psychiatry people that I have spoken to on this subject) that black people are more likely to receive a schizophrenia diagnosis compared to a caucasian person presenting with the same symptoms. I really do doubt some of the literature that is published in this area of research.
He’d be such a fool if he should ever leave you
Old 18-07-2007, 09:32 PM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Who's cultural heritage? That's a very weak argument in any case. Greek scholars used to bugger boys, does that mean that Stavros who runs my chippy can have a rumble on my nephews ring? You can't pick and choose what to allow and what to villify. In any case, by that rationale, as 50% of my roots are West Indian, i'm sure i have some rasta relatives, so can i smoke weed because of my 'heritage'?
Nope its illegal here New Right On Labour have tried to make it legal.
The Islingtanistas and itsmyright Brigade (Fiirst Battalion) have really dug a hole on this one pandering to those that like a few spliffs as it was then. With the stronger stuff it IS a major concern.

Well done 'to you right ons', Hope you sleep well at night seeing the mayhem the Super Skunk Chaos that has been created especially the likes of Brian Paddick who was a Hitler in The Libarary at Sutton Grammar Circa 1975

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 18-07-2007, 09:35 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally posted by norwood_girl
I do think (and so do psychiatry people that I have spoken to on this subject) that black people are more likely to receive a schizophrenia diagnosis compared to a caucasian person presenting with the same symptoms. I really do doubt some of the literature that is published in this area of research.

As a genuine question, and with you as a medical proffessional, do you not feel that there is an element of not wanting to face up to the fact that perhaps black people are more vulnerable to schizophrenia because of cultural factors such as smoking dope ?

I have heard a black researcher put forward a theory that because immigration from the Caribean was done primarily by Ship that this allowed measles infections to be disproportionately high amongst pregant women coming to this country and that this may have caused a knock on effect. Most other forms of mass immigration have taken place primarily through air-travel or with people not travelling in such large groups in close proximitiy for reasonably long periods of time.
Old 18-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I don't need to play it when you post it do i?

Sorry to tell you this, but, well, here we go.........BRITAIN IS A MULTI-CULTURAL SOCIETY, just in case you hadn't noticed. It's not just whites, or even just Europeans who live here. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and all that. Therefore, if you white Brits want my taxes etc then you have to take my 'customs and heritage' on board (well, 50% of it anyway). Muslims have their mosques, Jews have their synagogues, i'll have my cannabis. Thank you.
quality post
Old 18-07-2007, 09:38 PM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
Quote:
An alcoholic stays an alcoholic for the rest of his life.
So does an addict