Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-04-2011, 08:41 AM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Game of Thrones (spoilers - GIANT Spoilers)

Latest HBO mega-series based on the series of books A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. I watched the first episode last night and it was amazing and I think it looks to continue HBO's strong record of producing fabulous tv series (The Wire, The Sopranoes, Boardwalk Empire, Entourage, Treme, Deadwood, OZ, True Blood.) Anyone else see it?
Old 19-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Yes, I watched it last night too. Very impressed. Stuck closely to the book, good casting, and it looked fantastic.
Old 19-04-2011, 09:23 AM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thought they did an excellent job. It felt a bit rushed at the start but the casting is spot on. Really looking forward to the rest of the series.
Old 19-04-2011, 09:26 AM

Skin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I enjoyed it, I'm a big fan of the books which helped. A non reader might be a bit put off by the sheer number of characters introduced (and there's many more to come) but that will get better with each show, I'm 3 shows into the Borgias and still haven't got who is who yet but am enjoying that too. I think Lost is the only show in recent years that has been able to introduce a vast cast well from the 1st show.

HBO was the ideal channel for it, they made it well HBOish (tits, blood, swears) which means it doesn't have to depart from the books too much and HBO has form for keeping faith with shows (Oz and The Wire survived intital poor ratings as HBO knew they were on to a good thing).

Peter Dinkage as Tyrion was excellent casting, never heard of the bloke playing Jaime before but he seems good too.
Old 19-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Got it Sky+'d but rather annoyingly had a clash come up and flicked over right at the end with the twin bro/sis action & the (presumably) heir to the throne getting off'd. However, watched the first 15 minutes on a web preview and looked very impressed, rather liking Sky Atlantic - now if I can ever catch up with BW Empire from when I was on holiday............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 19-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
By the time that Virgin Media finally negotiate to broadcast Sky Atlantic it will be unwatchable for us VM users because every series will be half way through or nearly finishing.

Pah.
Old 19-04-2011, 09:55 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
I've got it sat ready to watch... loved the first two books but never bothered with the rest.

I always really wanted to go back and read them but never seemed to have the time.

Maybe I should before watching the show :-/

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 19-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Liberal Filth

xab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Looking forward to seeing it. And HBO have a cast iron excuse for being able to stop mid-story this time too!
Old 19-04-2011, 12:19 PM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
Got it Sky+'d but rather annoyingly had a clash come up and flicked over right at the end with the twin bro/sis action & the (presumably) heir to the throne getting off'd. However, watched the first 15 minutes on a web preview and looked very impressed, rather liking Sky Atlantic - now if I can ever catch up with BW Empire from when I was on holiday............
It clashed with Spartacus and Glee right?
Old 19-04-2011, 12:24 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
never read the books but a freind that has and said watch it. it was fantastic and I can't wait for the next episode.

i agree they did introduce a lot of characters quickly so for someone like me who hasn't read the books it was a little difficult to keep up with at first but I am really lookin forward to the next episode.

HBO must be the greatest tv channel/producer there is, they consistently make the best tv shows.
Old 19-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt5
It clashed with Spartacus and Glee right?
Not quite - overlapped with 2012 when I went to turn over for the 10 o'clock news...........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 19-04-2011, 12:44 PM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Far too much nudity, got to watch the blood pressure.
Old 19-04-2011, 04:43 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really hope we get to see this, otherwise it will mean 'torrent time'
Big fan of the books, an author not afraid to do harm to significant characters.
Old 19-04-2011, 04:45 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
What's the theme?
Old 19-04-2011, 04:56 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH
What's the theme?
High fantasy drama, inspired by things like the War of the Roses and politics and happenings in Rome/Roman Empire. That sort of thing, family dynasties, politics, drama, war, quest for power, with a supernatural aspect thrown in.

Also, if any of you love the song of ice and fire, check out Joe Abercrombie's books, theyre great, similar in that everything goes in regards to any character. Excellent plots too.

As for the episode, it seemed a bit rushed, but I thought the casting was quite good. Hopefully this was just to introduce all the characters, and theyll flesh the events out a bit more in future episodes. I'm also glad HBO hasnt watered down some of the storylines, eg Cereis and Jaime. Wouldnt have made sense to the story otherwise.
Old 19-04-2011, 04:58 PM
BBS Voyeur

budgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Watched it, and have to agree it's very good.

I havn't read the books, and there does seem to be a lot happening, but agree with what's been said already, thank god for HBO, they do know how to put a good show together.

Can't wait for episode two.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
HBO have announced they are commissioning a second series.

Last night's episode was almost exactly the same as the first 100 or so pages of the book.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:33 PM
BBS Voyeur

budgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
BE do you think it would be better to read the books first?
Old 19-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgie
BE do you think it would be better to read the books first?
Tricky. I'd say yes, as there is so much going on in the story it would serve you better to know it. That said, there's always the danger that you spend the time comparing to the book and not sitting back and enjoying.
Old 19-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
wish there was less fantasy shiz