Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-05-2019, 09:01 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
The US doesn't have any domestic mobile infrastructure vendors and Huawei is two years ahead of its competitors (Ericsson and Nokia). Trump is also worred about China stealing a lead in areas such as AI. Yes, Huawei has been guilty in the past when it comes to issues around IP but in this case the accusations are completely groundless - no one has found any evidence of security breaches in its equipment.

All IT systems have "back doors" its just a question of who holds the key.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 20-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
If Huawei developed its own open source OS, surely the US wouldnt have any reason to bar them? Open source is the way.
Huawei has almost unfettered access to EU and American market*, no big Western technology company has the same treatment in China. If the Chinese refuse to allow Western technology companies, why should they be allowed in the West?
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 20-05-2019, 09:43 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I love the way we're supposed to take this at face value. The evil chinee and his state sponsored spying tech firm, versus the open faced brave pioneer entrepreneurs of American tech.
Old 20-05-2019, 10:00 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Innit. Resplendent in my tin foil hat, I'm of the opinion that they're all spying & being arseholes. Huawei are only getting shit because they're a different firm.
Old 20-05-2019, 10:04 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
They are cruel yellow heathen bastards. I dunno what more proof you lesbian snowflakes need.
Old 20-05-2019, 11:42 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
The world is cruel place. I found China a particularly cruel corner of it
Old 21-05-2019, 01:05 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Was literally about to get a P20 Pro. As with the excellent P30 on the market, the prices have gone down.

'Sake.
I got a Mate 20 Pro a few months ago.

I have to assume this is just blackmail by Trump. ZTE paid $1 billion to somebody to get off the naughty list. It's not like the NSA isn't spying on Americans or anything anyway. I'm wondering what China will do in response.
Old 21-05-2019, 05:49 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I've got a P20 Pro - it's a great phone. The camera is amazing. But I wouldn't buy one now.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 21-05-2019, 05:54 AM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post

I have to assume this is just blackmail by Trump. ZTE paid $1 billion to somebody to get off the naughty list. It's not like the NSA isn't spying on Americans or anything anyway. I'm wondering what China will do in response.
Me to, does this mean its not getting anymore updates?
Old 21-05-2019, 06:00 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post

Well they cannot restrict Cisco and the like from China because they have already done that.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-05-2019, 06:17 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
The world is cruel place. I found China a particularly cruel corner of it
They like torturing dogs.
Old 21-05-2019, 10:54 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quite interested by an article on the front of El País today which poses the question "is it viable to own a mobile with neither GMail nor Google maps". I have neither. GMail was a bridge too far for me anyway, on the surveillance front, and I uninstalled Google Maps when I was staying in China (Google doesn't work there, and I found the Apple maps perfectly adequate). For the same reason I simply stopped using Google search, and never went back.
I know it's a long shot, but could this actually blow up in Google's face?
Old 21-05-2019, 11:00 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I see today on Yahoo's UK Finance site it looks like Huawei are going to open an enormous new tech hub outside Cambridge. I thought something like that would be coming.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:04 AM
Middle class left.

According to the article, you can't use Uber (which depends on Google Maps) or Spotify (music lodged in Google Cloud) without going through Google. And in fact neither service is available in China - and nor is Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:07 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Never had this trouble with Nokia

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apple, Microsoft and Google all have privacy issues, but they do not sell and manufacture data infrastructure which I assume is the main problem with Huawei.

Although not that tech savvy maybe they could use the phone hardware to launch denial of service attacks but then.

If government doesn't trust Huawei why trust any other brand of Chinese manufactured tech?
Old 21-05-2019, 11:45 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
According to the article, you can't use Uber (which depends on Google Maps) or Spotify (music lodged in Google Cloud) without going through Google. And in fact neither service is available in China - and nor is Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.
My son's working in China and he uses Uber.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:46 AM
Middle class left.

Really?
Where in China? I saw no evidence of Uber.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Middle class left.

There is a local service called Didi, though. Tricky to use unless you know some Chinese, and all tied in to WeChat, in my experience.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
I read a article that suggested Uber had vacated China but after taking a large stake in the Chinese dominant firm?