Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-02-2019, 11:02 AM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
0-8 months - getting to grips with it all
9-18 months - they interact more, can hold their head up without support and start walking
19 months - 9/13 years - very enjoyable
13/14 years+ - bloody hard !!!
Old 08-02-2019, 11:10 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozzy71 View Post
0-8 months - getting to grips with it all
9-18 months - they interact more, can hold their head up without support and start walking
19 months - 9/13 years - very enjoyable
13/14 years+ - bloody hard !!!
18 years (daughter) - delight and yes, worries about future, but also pleasure at seeing the baby become a woman with the world at her feet.

16 years (son) - absolute shit
Old 08-02-2019, 06:15 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
If youíve got the balls to do it then itís a good move. Iím assuming the hostel bed story was a lie?

I suppose he had the safety net that she was with the aunt so safe prior to that so wasnít as if he kicked her on the streets and into God knows what. Potentially a life of theft and drugs.
The aunt was in on it... he wanted her in a safe space, but to think she had lost her home/family. I said, what if she would have wanted to go to a hostel... or sleep rough. He just said...he knows his daughter.

He thinks that she thought could rebel, because she had the safety net of free lodging/food.... he wanted he to think she had lost the safety net (because of her behaviour). It worked, but it could have so easily gone south.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:28 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
My daughters are 21 and have been a doddle and a delight. The wife hasn't, the cow.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:57 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Nothing really to add to this thread, as I've never had kids, but having been a kid myself once, believe it or not... I might like to post.

My Dad was a nice loving man who worked shifts. He didn't really take me, as an only child, under his wing or get involved in my life in any way. I think his philosophy was to give me enough rope to hang myself meteorically speaking. My Mum was basically the same. Didn't take me to football or the movies etc., etc. Never bought me a beer in a pub to very much later in life.

My best friend's dad was the polar opposite, and I got sucked into there life's. He (with my friend) took me to my first football games, albeit Charlton. He introduced us to the pub and a working Men's club while still 16, and the joys of Light and Bitter! He basically used to get pissed up with us, and be one of the lads. I spend almost every waking hour round their house, including in later years blasting David Bowie/Mott the Hopple and any Tamla Motown record that was hot that week/month in their living room.

To this day some 40+ years later I'm not sure which was better. I never once dismissed my Dad for his "inaction", or wished he was more like my friend's Dad. At the end of the day, which fast approaches, I understand my Dad and knew he loved me... he didn't have to do anything different in my eyes to prove that. He and I was peas of the same pod... I am now as he was, and that is inherited and there is nothing I can do about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you can't force how you act with your kids... it has to come naturally, and let the chips fall where they may.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:26 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
How far up the motorway had you got before they tracked you down and made you take him back?