Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-02-2019, 01:40 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Has anyone been to Bob's Lobster in the London Bridge area? If so, what's it like?
I went in there for a drink one late one Sunday afternoon and they had a singer/guitarist. The staff seemed nice enough , the wine list wasn't bargaintastic.

( just checked...now closed on Sundays).
Old 15-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
It's a known fact they wank in the plum sauce as well.
Old 22-02-2019, 08:41 AM
A Palace Comrade

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Went to The Star Inn at Harome in N Yorks last night. Andrew Pern Michelin star restaurant

Fabulous. Great food, very attentive but not over bearing staff, lovely ambiance and very relaxed. And good value I thought - £125 for two of us - a drink beforehand, starter and main and a shared dessert and a good bottle of Cote De Rhône.

Excellent. Would recommend if you’re up this way
Old 22-02-2019, 09:17 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
I see Noma just got its 2 Michelin stars back within a year of relocating. Will just add a few more months to the waiting list now
Old 22-02-2019, 09:23 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Went to Case De Franco, Portugese gaff in London Bridge. Cannot recommend enough.

Octopius Rice, Peru chicken cooked to perfection (and nothing like Nando’s) and roasted cauliflower
Old 22-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Off topic but food related I took my youngest to Harrods yesterday for a cheap day out... we got talking to one of the butchers about some Kobe steak that was on sale.... he kindly weighed a pre cut steak for us.

One steak £165.

And it sells. Apparently they never have any waste because they have a list of numbers to call when it’s going out of date and they sell it at half price. I didn’t give him my number.

Somebody spent £65k on some last week and made it into burgers for guests on his yacht.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:40 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Going to the Sportsman this evening for a family birthday dinner, we will be having their tasting menu.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:59 AM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Off topic but food related I took my youngest to Harrods yesterday for a cheap day out... we got talking to one of the butchers about some Kobe steak that was on sale.... he kindly weighed a pre cut steak for us.

One steak £165.

And it sells. Apparently they never have any waste because they have a list of numbers to call when it’s going out of date and they sell it at half price. I didn’t give him my number.

Somebody spent £65k on some last week and made it into burgers for guests on his yacht.
I hope the chef nicked it and swapped it for something cheaper.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Going to the Sportsman this evening for a family birthday dinner, we will be having their tasting menu.
Still haven't been there. How long ago did you book?
Old 04-04-2019, 10:58 PM
looking at things

cross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

We went there in January for my better half’s dinner. Loved it. I hope you did too.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
And...
Old 05-04-2019, 04:30 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
It's a known fact they wank in the plum sauce as well.
The well seasoned Bhuna sounds a bit iffy as well.

Most of you lot probably know this one well... We went to that Tapas place in South Croydon a few weeks back and had a great time. Having been advised to order no more than 3 each, that's what we went for - blimey, they were massive portions. I had mussels, monkfish and chorizo skewers and some spicy sausage and rice dish. The mussels, surprisingly, were some of the best I've had, there were two skewers with huge lumps of monkfish (the sauce was a tad bland tbh) and the other one was easily a meal on it's own. I think the mussels were about £7/£8, in Devon it would've been classed as a main course going for around £12/£18. Same with the monkfish, maybe more.

The restaurant was busy and had a good boisterous atmosphere with a table full of hot Eastern European ladies lapping up the attention. The staff were really attentive and friendly, but never overbearing. All in all, I thought it was good value for the money paid and would go again for boozy stomach liner, next time only ordering two dishes.