Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Nigerian restaraunt and odd choice? For Croydon? You sure?
South Croydon does not have a large Nigerian community by any means. But it will be interesting to see what food they are offering and if they are catering mainly for the ex-pat community or if they will be trying to attract everyone in.
Old 13-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Old 13-02-2019, 08:34 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
Morley's.

Close thread.
Seconded
Old 13-02-2019, 09:30 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
...Cote D'Azur has closed.
That's a shame, I don't go into Croydon to eat very often but went there a few times and always had a good meal.
Old 13-02-2019, 09:42 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did anyone have the misfortune of eating in the Indian/Italian fusion restaurant which took over from Bombay Brunch in South Croydon? In case you are wondering inditalian (as we named it) is as shit as it sounds - curry flavoured pasta and tikka pizzas. We were invited to the soft launch as we knew one of the fools who were to soon be parted from their money. Not sure when it finally closed, but I was quite unsurprised to find Croydon Council had given it a zero star food hygeine rating. As distinguished guests, we were treated to an all area tour of the premises after our meal, and were blown away by the sheer smell and filth of the place.
Old 13-02-2019, 10:10 PM
John Jackson #1

iwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I thought this thread was about Southend-on-Sea?
Alvaros in St Helens Road (off Hamlet Court Road, Westcliff-on-Sea) is excellent. Portuguese.
Old 13-02-2019, 10:19 PM

Salad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is here
Nicest Fish n Chips I've had (in recent years) has been in Southend.

South Croydon, it's alright. I went to the posh one directly opposite the Weatherspoon's that people meet in before and after eating (if they don't have a Croydon inferiority complex). I had the pheasant for the first time and hated it; I was just curious to know what pheasant was like.
Old 14-02-2019, 05:15 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
South Croydon does not have a large Nigerian community by any means. But it will be interesting to see what food they are offering and if they are catering mainly for the ex-pat community or if they will be trying to attract everyone in.
I'd use it. We have a Nigerian bloke at work who bring me food in sometimes, its generally very nice.
Old 14-02-2019, 05:03 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Heartening to read that a person from an oil rich country is helping someone from a third world country.
Old 14-02-2019, 09:49 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
Did anyone have the misfortune of eating in the Indian/Italian fusion restaurant which took over from Bombay Brunch in South Croydon?
It can't have lasted very long at all! Bombay Brunch was run by the Crown & Pepper boys, and took over from The Khyber which was the original Khalique restaurant. I suspect Kalique still owns the premises as he owns half the rest of Croydon restaurants

Is there anything active at the restaurant now?
Old 18-02-2019, 07:30 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
I went out in South End on Saturday, for the first time in years. If I recall correctly, the Nigerian was closed - with a sign indicating under new management.

We initially went into Brasserie Vacherin, but I was immediately put off by the very loud and incongruous disco music blasting out. Then the menu: its presentation was awful, full of random capitalisation, no punctuation and spelling mistakes - for example 'pallet cleanser'. I know we were looking for food and not a spelling test, but such lack of attention to detail made me question their competence in the kitchen and together with the music completely put me off. So we paid for our opening drinks then left.

Then tried Bagatti's, where I've never been, but know it's been there for years and has a good reputation, but it was totally full (a good sign). Instead we wandered up to the High Street and Galicia, which was busy but gave us a table after 15 minutes waiting at the bar, and we had a lovely meal, as I expected.

The South End area as a whole was very quiet, with a few empty units boarded up, some closed, and some indifferent-looking places with a only a handful of diners occupying them. A shadow of what it was years ago. I imagine that's due to a mixture of many factors coming together - economic, social, national and local. It did make me a little sad, and wonder if it'll ever get off its knees and back to being a good food destination. But my impression is that unless you're going to a specific tried and tested restaurant, right now it's not worth a visit.
Old 19-02-2019, 07:03 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
I went out in South End on Saturday, for the first time in years. If I recall correctly, the Nigerian was closed - with a sign indicating under new management.

We initially went into Brasserie Vacherin, but I was immediately put off by the very loud and incongruous disco music blasting out. Then the menu: its presentation was awful, full of random capitalisation, no punctuation and spelling mistakes - for example 'pallet cleanser'. I know we were looking for food and not a spelling test, but such lack of attention to detail made me question their competence in the kitchen and together with the music completely put me off. So we paid for our opening drinks then left.

Then tried Bagatti's, where I've never been, but know it's been there for years and has a good reputation, but it was totally full (a good sign). Instead we wandered up to the High Street and Galicia, which was busy but gave us a table after 15 minutes waiting at the bar, and we had a lovely meal, as I expected.

The South End area as a whole was very quiet, with a few empty units boarded up, some closed, and some indifferent-looking places with a only a handful of diners occupying them. A shadow of what it was years ago. I imagine that's due to a mixture of many factors coming together - economic, social, national and local. It did make me a little sad, and wonder if it'll ever get off its knees and back to being a good food destination. But my impression is that unless you're going to a specific tried and tested restaurant, right now it's not worth a visit.
Sad to hear about the general area, good to hear you had a lovely meal