Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:58 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
This thread is moving away from the point, which is a valid discussion.

In my view this is a bad idea. There is a problem with political threads, but a separate forum is not the solution. The solution is proper modding of the most acrimonious threads. It's entirely legitimate to want to discuss Brexit, May and Corbyn but the bile and bickering of a handful of posters puts people off - that I definitely agree about. It's prevented me from participating in some threads. But surely the answer is to stop the culpable posters from posting their nonsense, not sidelining 'politics' to a separate forum.

If school kids engage in bullying and fighting you stop and punish them, you don't lock them in a small room and let them get on with it.
What I find quite interesting about this debate is that it is the vocal lefties and/or Remainers (and there is a huge overlap between the two) who seem most upset by this experiment, and yet I am not really sure why.

Admittedly, I fall into neither of those camps, but GCC definitely feels like a much more entertaining & warmer place at the moment without the politics and accompanying bile that spreads across many other threads. And jumping between the GCC and Politics forums is no different to jumping between GCC and any other forum, such as GPD, so I really don't understand the issue.

Of course, there is the point that having politics in GCC helps posters publicise their own political views, but this is undermined by the very clear evidence that (with one or two honourable exceptions) this is so often done in an arrogant, spiteful, dismissive [insert] way that it completely undermines any positive impact posters may be seeking. So, on that basis, I think they are better off in their own forum - that is free for anyone to enter and view/contribute as they wish, but frees GCC up to rediscover its warmth & humour.

And I had scallops* for my starter at lunch today - which shows the positive effect GCC can have !

*Not the orange bits
Old 09-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
What I find quite interesting about this debate is that it is the vocal lefties and/or Remainers (and there is a huge overlap between the two) who seem most upset by this experiment, and yet I am not really sure why.

Admittedly, I fall into neither of those camps, but GCC definitely feels like a much more entertaining & warmer place at the moment without the politics and accompanying bile that spreads across many other threads. And jumping between the GCC and Politics forums is no different to jumping between GCC and any other forum, such as GPD, so I really don't understand the issue.

Of course, there is the point that having politics in GCC helps posters publicise their own political views, but this is undermined by the very clear evidence that (with one or two honourable exceptions) this is so often done in an arrogant, spiteful, dismissive [insert] way that it completely undermines any positive impact posters may be seeking. So, on that basis, I think they are better off in their own forum - that is free for anyone to enter and view/contribute as they wish, but frees GCC up to rediscover its warmth & humour.

And I had scallops* for my starter at lunch today - which shows the positive effect GCC can have !

*Not the orange bits
*Why cannot I get the orange bits in Canada ?
Old 09-01-2019, 05:08 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:

*Not the orange bits
Its a bit rum to blame all the bile on those you view as lefties and remainers. perhaps the wearing of salmon pink trousers clouds ones judgement?

SaulAlinsky
Old 09-01-2019, 05:11 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
*Why cannot I get the orange bits in Canada ?
Gotta love Les focusing laser like on the important part of Richard's post.

SaulAlinsky
Old 09-01-2019, 05:13 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Eating the orange bits is like when people eat the afterbirth.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Gotta love Les focusing laser like on the important part of Richard's post.
It's kind of more important to me than all this nonsensical bollocks whinging about where you can see something you want to chat about on a football forum LOL !

I liked the orange bits.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:36 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Its a bit rum to blame all the bile on those you view as lefties and remainers. perhaps the wearing of salmon pink trousers clouds ones judgement?
I didn't intend to imply that - but could have worded the post better.

The goading - and responding bile - comes from both sides. It is the complaining about the experiment that is coming from the Ls & Rs.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:09 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
I didn't intend to imply that - but could have worded the post better.

The goading - and responding bile - comes from both sides. It is the complaining about the experiment that is coming from the Ls & Rs.
Maybe simply because right wingers and Brexiters are in the minority on here?

Occam’s Razor old chap.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-01-2019, 06:20 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I always suspected that you and Dear Dickie had a touch of the arriviste.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:34 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I always suspected that you and Dear Dickie had a touch of the arriviste.
You do know it is basically the ovary, right?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:39 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Strange isn't it. Some of the most vehement Brexiters in the UK are from what many assume to be the left, e.g. Corbyn and everyone in his inner circle - Len McCluskey, Seumas Milne and John Hillary to name but three. And there are plenty from the right who are staunch remainers.

The issue of Brexit cuts across party boundaries, we walked part way alongside Dominic Grieve (who I'd worked with on a project when he was Shadow Attorney General - we shared a common interest in libraries) and David Willetts (his presence was a surprise).

Spending an increasing amount of time in Europe (especially the Czech Republic and the Baltic States) it's very easy to slip into the pro-Europe camp which brings together those from all parts of the political spectrum. Interestingly the political leaders one most admires are those with whom the Conservative Party should feel most at home with. I find it a sorry state of affairs when the politicians I most admire are the likes of Angela Merkel, Dalia Grybauskaitė and Kersti Kaljulaid.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:55 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
You do know it is basically the ovary, right?
I do and couldn't care less as it is tasty. (Cf. e.g. sweetbreads.)
Old 09-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Quote:
The midwife that delivered me and my Twin thought I was the afterbirth...

Just another bit of useless info on this thread....
Old 09-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Strange isn't it. Some of the most vehement Brexiters in the UK are from what many assume to be the left, e.g. Corbyn and everyone in his inner circle - Len McCluskey, Seumas Milne and John Hillary to name but three. And there are plenty from the right who are staunch remainers.
Yes, it’s a shame Richard is so binary. ‘Vocal lefties’ (this from the man who objects to divisiveness on the BBS) are pretty much the same as Remainers on here.

Simple and simplistic. No wonder he doesn’t want to comment on politics in the public eye of GCC.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-01-2019, 09:44 PM

Keep going ...
Old 09-01-2019, 09:50 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Biggin has swallowed a dictionary and morphed into Richard.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Maz vs Richard is like a battle royale between Bertie Wooster and Prince Edward.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 09-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

If anyone wants to see Richards posts there are plenty ways to see them freely on all parts of the BBS and on the forum of your choice.

Click on Richards name(on a post) and search all posts by Richard,you cannot do it on *Maz's as his post count has gone way over a limit that the BBS is unable to search .

*Not just Maz there are a few posters that this has happened to.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:11 PM
jft39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Maz vs Richard is like a battle royale between Bertie Wooster and Prince Edward.
Sutcliffe, P vs Farage, N.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Law and Disorder...