Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 01-02-2019, 06:13 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Peter Jackson to direct new Let it Be documentary

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Been waiting for this re make for 30 odd years.

55 hours of footage at Jackson’s disposal of The Beatles recording their penultimate album and of course, ending with the roof top performance.

If his treatment of the World War 1 footage is anything to go by, it will be an amazing watch. Relations between the fabs wasn’t at its best by that time, but by all accounts, the sessions were not as fractious as the original movie may have led you to believe.

Have seen quite a few dodgy pirated clips over the years (plus hours of audio) and know there’s some great stuff that didn’t make the original film. Peter Sellers making an impromptu visit to the studio being one of them.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 01-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Lets hope they found the footage of the moment when George, tired of the constant condescending words vomiting from Mc*****eys mouth, slams the cock across the head with a Les Paul.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 01-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Lets hope they found the footage of the moment when George, tired of the constant condescending words vomiting from Mc*****eys mouth, slams the cock across the head with a Les Paul.
Was that when Beatleboy turned up to play the spoons?
Old 01-02-2019, 12:45 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:

The tapes may actually reveal whether it was Paul or John that finally made George walk out shouting, ‘That’s it! I’m leaving The Beatles!’.

There was the famous argument with Paul shown on the original film, but legend has it that it was an argument with John that tipped George over the edge as John insisted that Yoko was now part of the band.

I would suspect however, it was Paul.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 01-02-2019, 12:52 PM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

The tapes may actually reveal whether it was Paul or John that finally made George walk out shouting, ‘That’s it! I’m leaving The Beatles!’.

There was the famous argument with Paul shown on the original film, but legend has it that it was an argument with John that tipped George over the edge as John insisted that Yoko was now part of the band.

I would suspect however, it was Paul.
I read that Paul had proposed that the Beatles record the Frog Chorus, which pushed George over the edge.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:56 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Wasn't all negativity. 'Isn't it a Pity' was the result of George's latter day disillusionment with his band mates. Great song.

Last edited by Stellavista; 02-02-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:38 AM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
George was a genius. Lennon was a genius. .....the other two were only worthy of a cabaret band at Bridlington Holiday Park.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:43 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
As the years go by, I have crossed over into the Maidstoned Eagle thinking.

The surviving clowns need to retire to somewhere a long way away from a recording studio never to be heard of again.... embarrassing.

And yes, I was a fan.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:38 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
George was a genius. Lennon was a genius. .....the other two were only worthy of a cabaret band at Bridlington Holiday Park.
Ringo was just a singer of novelty songs and occasional drummer. It's McCartney who really grinds your gears, isn't it? That's rather unfair, considering he gifted 'Ebony and Ivory' to the World.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:41 AM
The Bringer of Joy

And while I'm here, three Beatles songs I've always really hated: Back in the USSR, Get Back and Taxman.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:13 AM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Have to disagree. Paul and John were equally talented but John always had the better PR and image post break up,so Paul is downgraded in many people's eyes.John was equally capable of dross post-1970 (Mind Games album,Sometime in NYC. anyone?) but people ignore that. The magic was in the combination.

As for George, minor league songwriter.Sure he stockpiled a load of stuff so had a decent album in him much helped by Spector's production (All Things Must Pass)but generally second rate,ie 'Ding Dong'

McCartney still turning out decent stuff (heard his latest?) with some gems amongst his penchant for saccharine dross.Overall,our greatest 'pop' composer..

And yes,John was my fave Beatle...though can't listen to too much nowadays after 50 years of over exposure but a lot of Paul's ones are the bones that have stood the test of time with me..'Let it Be' "Hey Jude' 'Lady Madonna' alongside the John stuff such as 'And your bird can sing' and 'Across The Universe'

I Back to topic,I wouldn't expect too much revelatory from the new film since it will still need to pass Paul's approval..so expect something good but not revelatory ,bit like like "let It Be..Naked'
Old 02-02-2019, 10:15 AM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
And while I'm here, three Beatles songs I've always really hated: Back in the USSR, Get Back and Taxman.
I like them!

3 I'm not crazy about:Yellow Submarine,Love Me Do and I Want to Hold your hand
Old 02-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Class Swot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleagle2 View Post
Have to disagree. Paul and John were equally talented but John always had the better PR and image post break up,so Paul is downgraded in many people's eyes.John was equally capable of dross post-1970 (Mind Games album,Sometime in NYC. anyone?) but people ignore that. The magic was in the combination.

As for George, minor league songwriter.Sure he stockpiled a load of stuff so had a decent album in him much helped by Spector's production (All Things Must Pass)but generally second rate,ie 'Ding Dong'

McCartney still turning out decent stuff (heard his latest?) with some gems amongst his penchant for saccharine dross.Overall,our greatest 'pop' composer..

And yes,John was my fave Beatle...though can't listen to too much nowadays after 50 years of over exposure but a lot of Paul's ones are the bones that have stood the test of time with me..'Let it Be' "Hey Jude' 'Lady Madonna' alongside the John stuff such as 'And your bird can sing' and 'Across The Universe'

I Back to topic,I wouldn't expect too much revelatory from the new film since it will still need to pass Paul's approval..so expect something good but not revelatory ,bit like like "let It Be..Naked'
Hes a talentless cock.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Anders

lowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Paul is great.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:46 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I note you totally ignore Ringo's contribution to the success of Thomas the Tank engine. Kind of ruins your argument, which is why you did.

Peace and love

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-02-2019, 10:54 AM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The only surprise here is that it took some five hours for Maidstoned to hurl his bizarre anti-Macca vitriole at us all.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Hes a talentless cock.
have to disagree about who is a a talentless cock I'm afraid old bean
Old 02-02-2019, 11:43 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Paul McCartney suffers from actually being too nice (and the Frogs chorus obviously), would be more appreciated if he had an edge about him.

I defy anyone to claim that they do not like at least 3 Beatles tunes (cue Maidstoned).
Old 02-02-2019, 07:00 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Paul McCartney suffers from actually being too nice (and the Frogs chorus obviously), would be more appreciated if he had an edge about him.

I defy anyone to claim that they do not like at least 3 Beatles tunes (cue Maidstoned).
Yes. If he had called it 'Frog Slaughter', and got Brian James in on geetar, his credibility would have received a boost.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:43 PM

I understand why Macca’s character grates with some people, and by God, some of his solo output is difficult to listen to, but his talent is in no doubt. The amount of classics the man has written is phenomenal. When he passes on it will be these that will be remembered.

Not sure why he gets so much stick about the Frog Chorus. He was working on a children’s film at the time (Rupert Bear) and it’s clearly a children’s song. It’s pretty decent for what it is. He has written a lot worse.

Think when all is said and done, Paul and John were as brilliant as each other. They were the perfect foil for each other.

Another thing I’d like to address is the criticism aimed at Ringo’s drumming. He was a very unorthodox drummer - self taught. A left hander playing a right handed kit. All these things made for a very unique technique and sound. But most of all he was so tasteful. The different textures and nuances the Beatles played with would’ve been lost with a regular drummer. Ringo was excellent at complimenting the songs feel perfectly with what he chose to play. Ask any drummer what they think of Ringo as a drummer. His timing is pretty immaculate too - a human metronome.

- John Peel