Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-02-2019, 06:48 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Liam Neeson.

Oh dear...
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-02-2019, 06:52 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Oh dear...
Already on another thread. Old news about something that happened long ago and something he's not proud of.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:53 AM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
He shows contrition and shame for what he admits was wrong. At least he was honest about it.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 05-02-2019, 07:09 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Bit of controversy to drum up some attention for his new film which has a similar storyline of revenge it seems. Load of bollox.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:26 AM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Bit of controversy to drum up some attention for his new film which has a similar storyline of revenge it seems. Load of bollox.
Init

Old 05-02-2019, 07:33 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
The ironic thing is that those who complain about Liam Neesons open and honest comments probably watch revenge films.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Just call me sarge!!

This film Liam Neeson is promoting about a snow plow driver has already been done by Stellan Skarsgard, In Order of Disappearance. Where snow plow driver Stellan extracts revenge for the murder of his son in drugs related crime. Good film for a skandi drama.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2019, 07:42 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I thought Scandi dramas were highly thought of in the film buff world.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:53 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thought Scandi dramas were highly thought of in the film buff world.
We only tend to see the better ones here.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:57 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
This film Liam Neeson is promoting about a snow plow driver has already been done by Stellan Skarsgard, In Order of Disappearance. Where snow plow driver Stellan extracts revenge for the murder of his son in drugs related crime. Good film for a skandi drama.
I really enjoyed it. Never mind about Skandi drama, a good film.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:21 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh dear...
Oh dear ???

A frank and honest interview about a period of his life that he admits he was not proud of and knows it was wrong.

Context is everything. Have you 'heard' the interview ?

There is a lesson to be learned in his story - but its not I'm a KKK supporting Nazi.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:25 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Oh dear ???

A frank and honest interview about a period of his life that he admits he was not proud of and knows it was wrong.

Context is everything. Have you 'heard' the interview ?

There is a lesson to be learned in his story - but its not I'm a KKK supporting Nazi.
Oh dear as in it will affect his Hollywood career regardless of how much he apologises.
I wasn't judging him on something said in the heat of the moment.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:09 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
How on earth is a considered interview with a journalist the “heat of the moment”?

That’s probably utter rubbish, yes?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 05-02-2019, 09:18 AM
Class Swot.

Quote:
Oh dear as in it will affect his Hollywood career regardless of how much he apologises.
I wasn't judging him on something said in the heat of the moment.
No it wont and yes you were.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:11 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is bringing the character he played in Taken into a real life scenario, silly man but a typical actor reaction. It's Oscar season.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:17 AM

CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
The ironic thing is that those who complain about Liam Neesons open and honest comments probably watch revenge films.
Strange how some people want to castigate others for their open honesty and expressing remorse over their actions and behaviours. Weird. Also presume that the individuals dishing out the criticism are infallible themselves!
Old 05-02-2019, 10:24 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I just don't understand why he possibly thought say that was a good idea to say that. No matter of the context, saying you once went looking for revenge against ANYONE from a particular race is a mind numbingly stupid thing to admit.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 05-02-2019, 10:24 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
What I took from his interview is that there was a period of his life where he was hot headed and fuelled by certain prejudices. He is now contrite - presumably indicating he is longer those things.

The interesting question that this raises for me is what is more appropriate - being honest and acknowledging past wrongs, or denying / pretending they never were? It seems that trial by media these days suggests that one must be flogged for past wrongdoings irrespective of genuine contrition now. On some level I get that because one remains accountable for one's actions long after the event, but on the other hand if one will be vilified now for something that is on longer their identity it will have 2 impacts - 1) fewer people with troubling pasts will be open and honest about their past which means that 2) we get a bit of airbrushing of history occurring.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
One of his first questions was about the colour of the rapist. That then made him angry about all people of that colour and wanted to harm someone who looked at him the wrong way - as long as they were of that colour.

We've all been dicks at some stage or another, but that is a downright weird reaction, regardless of any later remorse.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:35 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
One of his first questions was about the colour of the rapist. That then made him angry about all people of that colour and wanted to harm someone who looked at him the wrong way - as long as they were of that colour.

We've all been dicks at some stage or another, but that is a downright weird reaction, regardless of any later remorse.
It is. Furthermore, he has also made reference previously that he has had a history that'd be considered racist. Whether one can change that element of themselves fully and honestly - I don't know, but I suppose my question is - if one is genuinely remorseful; genuinely does not view the world that way anymore BUT is candid enough to admit they once did - do they deserve continued condemnation?

I hate 'whatabboutery?' but I can't help but think of previous criminals who have turned their lives around or ex-jihadists who now speak out against radicalisation.

I think my question is less about Liam Neeson (who could well be creating some PR before the film) and more about a general principle.