Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-02-2019, 03:46 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Why should he? I thought it was clear. Its how he felt. Irrationally at the time. Like a lot of people who have suffered or known people who've suffered because of someone's actions they don't think rationally for a while and think of vengeance. If he still felt thst way or supported such belief then i would condemn him as well. But let's condemn him anyway.
All your sympathy seems to be for Neeson. Not for the many racial minorities who have been murdered over the decades in hate crimes, because of blind, racist prejudices like that which Neeson once held.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:49 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
I really enjoyed it. Never mind about Skandi drama, a good film.
It was.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
So what is your point. Oops sorry is that offensive?
Who knows whether it was offensive, I couldn't get past the sheer rambling incoherence of it.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:15 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
He's spoken about his previous feelings (which he himself has realised they were wrong) which were as a result of a terrible experience occurring to his friend. It's hard to say what we would feel like in his situation. But him coming out now (not because of something appearing in the media out of his control), speaks volumes about how he stands towards the feelings he felt in the past.

It's a positive thing that he has moved on from it. If we want to teach people racism is wrong, then let's not judge them once they've overcome their misplaced thoughts, otherwise no progress will ever be made.
Fairly similar, having found out something like this happened to a friend, I was involved in what was arguably a serious crime (although on the actual perpetrator, I didn't go after someone else).

Of course that's typically male misogynism and a problem of young male attitudes toward violence - When what I should have been is there for my friend, not out trying to avenge them / protect them and certainly the notion of a violent retaliation achieved nothing of value for the victim of the original crime (thankfully I got away with it - with hindsight had I been caught it would have just made everything worse).

This story has everything that is the problem with the mentality of young males in society. Its interesting how forgiving people seem to be, in an era when we're looking at criminalising young (typically black) males on suspicion of involvement in knife crime.

How many young men are carrying blades or looking for revenge, because of some wrong done to x. Men use the suffering of others as a means of justifying inflicting violence on others - and that is a very dangerous and prevalent cultural problem in the UK.

Arguably, part of the general malaise of toxic masculinity in society (prejudice, misogyny, racism and violence)
Old 05-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Fairly similar, having found out something like this happened to a friend, I was involved in what was arguably a serious crime (although on the actual perpetrator, I didn't go after someone else).

Of course that's typically male misogynism and a problem of young male attitudes toward violence - When what I should have been is there for my friend, not out trying to avenge them / protect them and certainly the notion of a violent retaliation achieved nothing of value for the victim of the original crime (thankfully I got away with it - with hindsight had I been caught it would have just made everything worse).

This story has everything that is the problem with the mentality of young males in society. Its interesting how forgiving people seem to be, in an era when we're looking at criminalising young (typically black) males on suspicion of involvement in knife crime.

How many young men are carrying blades or looking for revenge, because of some wrong done to x. Men use the suffering of others as a means of justifying inflicting violence on others - and that is a very dangerous and prevalent cultural problem in the UK.

Arguably, part of the general malaise of toxic masculinity in society (prejudice, misogyny, racism and violence)
I don't think that is correct its a change in society
I grew up in caterham a garrison town up until 90 when I moved to croydon,and probably until then unless you dabbled in marshal arts your fair game
But a certain section of society have moved on
Stop moaning about it and ask them
But I don't think there bothered
Old 05-02-2019, 05:43 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
cos football fans never threw coins indiscriminately into groups of opposition fans. People have never been smacked for wearing colours.
Understandably Neeson lost his rationale under (allegedly) stressful conditions.

However, the timing of this disclosure is convenient for the release of his new vengeance film. Silver lining , and all that
Old 05-02-2019, 06:10 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
All your sympathy seems to be for Neeson. Not for the many racial minorities who have been murdered over the decades in hate crimes, because of blind, racist prejudices like that which Neeson once held.
There is the crux. Once had. I don't think or believe people should be destroyed publicly or hounded because of a belief or thought they had some many years ago. That is the point. Is he a racist?Did he act upon his admitted irrational thought? If we are to be held accountable for every thought and comment we've made over the decades a great number of us would be in trouble. Many on here seem to have never had a bad thought or made an non PC comment in their entire lives. Didn't know palace had so many saintly inoffensive supporters. Good to know. BTW I've been racially abused so know what it's like to be on receiving end. I don't think discussing a comment by this man is condoning racial hatred violence or abuse.

Last edited by Lombardo's hair; 05-02-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:26 PM

Blackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
btw. he's a Malcolm Allison lookalike
Old 05-02-2019, 06:33 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Poorly thought of to come out and tell that story. The snowflake media would have a field day! Surely he knew that?
Old 05-02-2019, 06:44 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
His anger was not based on race.

His anger was directed at the 'group' who hurt his friend. As he has said, if they'd have been Irish he'd have done the same to that group. Of course, it makes no sense to take out 1 person's actions on the rest of the group they identify as, but as he's said he was furious and not rational.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 05-02-2019, 06:50 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Once when the knuckle draggers from Millwall played us a couple of them were picking on a 12 year old Palace kid on the Norwood Junction platforms. In a rush of adrenaline so picked up the bigger one by the scruff of the neck and held him out over the track with a train coming into the station. Suddenly realised I could get into trouble and pulled him back in. It shows that anyone can lose it with the right provocation. Two boys in blue actually asks me was I OK having seen what these two yobs were doing which would not happen today. Liam is a dick for saying what he did as there will be a reaction out of proportion to the context which he has come out with clumsily in his remarks. His problem was how long he took to calm down about it. Look at radicalisation and you will see loads of examples of people having blind hatred for a group who they belive has done wrong. No difference really between Palace fans who hate all Man U fans because of an historical piece of violence against a Palace fan.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:54 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Once when the knuckle draggers from Millwall played us a couple of them were picking on a 12 year old Palace kid on the Norwood Junction platforms. In a rush of adrenaline so picked up the bigger one by the scruff of the neck and held him out over the track with a train coming into the station. Suddenly realised I could get into trouble and pulled him back in. It shows that anyone can lose it with the right provocation. Two boys in blue actually asks me was I OK having seen what these two yobs were doing which would not happen today. Liam is a dick for saying what he did as there will be a reaction out of proportion to the context which he has come out with clumsily in his remarks. His problem was how long he took to calm down about it. Look at radicalisation and you will see loads of examples of people having blind hatred for a group who they belive has done wrong. No difference really between Palace fans who hate all Man U fans because of an historical piece of violence against a Palace fan.
Wow. Did you just have your own 'Neeson moment'?!
Old 05-02-2019, 06:57 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
There is the crux. Once had. I don't think or believe people should be destroyed publicly or hounded because of a belief or thought they had some many years ago. That is the point. Is he a racist?Did he act upon his admitted irrational thought? If we are to be held accountable for every thought and comment we've made over the decades a great number of us would be in trouble. Many on here seem to have never had a bad thought or made an non PC comment in their entire lives. Didn't know palace had so many saintly inoffensive supporters. Good to know. BTW I've been racially abused so know what it's like to be on receiving end. I don't think discussing a comment by this man is condoning racial hatred violence or abuse.
He was a racist, I have no idea if he still is. I have faith that people can change, look at our very own Kevin Day. I don’t think he should be destroyed for the comment, my issue is with those literally praising him for coming out and admitting it (I’m not making this up, just look on twitter).
Old 05-02-2019, 07:00 PM

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
In a rush of adrenaline so picked up the bigger one by the scruff of the neck and held him out over the track with a train coming into the station. Suddenly realised I could get into trouble and pulled him back in.
His name wasn't Steeve, was it?!
Old 05-02-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post

His anger was directed at the 'group' who hurt his friend. As he has said, if they'd have been Irish he'd have done the same to that group. Of course, it makes no sense to take out 1 person's actions on the rest of the group they identify as, but as he's said he was furious and not rational.
What are you on about, that is clearly racist. Taking out your fury towards one person on anyone else who happens to possess the same coloured skin. It could also easily be linked into the old racist stereotype of black men as a group being predatory and dangerous towards white women.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
What are you on about, that is clearly racist. Taking out your fury towards one person on anyone else who happens to possess the same coloured skin. It could also easily be linked into the old racist stereotype of black men as a group being predatory and dangerous towards white women.
^^ This could easily be posted on any of HOL's 'politics' threads ^^
Old 05-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post

Nonsense. The idea that he would have gone out seeking an Irishman (in Northern Ireland) is laughable. Why on earth did he ask the colour? Come on. We don't have to bury the guys career or try to get him hung drawn and quartered. But the episode was racially based and bizarre. If it wasn't made up, and it probably was, he should have realised today what he really was saying. Black man raping white woman.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:26 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Has anyone considered that Neeson might still be a wee bit unhinged by the death of his wife - which he still talks about as having a devastating effect on his life? I'm not trying to excuse what he originally did, but there are sometimes circumstances that might affect how you react in an interview. I'm not at all sure he isn't someone who needs some intensive counselling.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:44 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Really like the Family Guy episode with Liam Neeson, to go slightly off topic!
Old 05-02-2019, 10:14 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
Really like the Family Guy episode with Liam Neeson, to go slightly off topic!
So he should have beaten up Cleveland and not Peter.