Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-02-2019, 01:19 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Something that always sticks with me is once when round a friends house another mate and his wife were there with their kid.

At one point the mum had to go outside to take a phone call and their kid kicked off (wanting his mummy)

The dad took the son outside and told him to calm down and handled all out of our ear shot.

It wasn’t just his awareness of us being there that I respected him for but when your kids kick off you can get very frustrated and often embarrassed in groups of people. So by taking his boy to one side none of us noticed and he could deal with it calmly.

I didn’t have kids at the time but it’s stuck in my mind since.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:26 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Making your kid a Palace fan.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:28 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oikboy View Post
Taking my daughter to her first Palace match. Hooked for life.
Same! but in my case my daughter was born in Catalunya where supporting Barca is pretty much a given... she's not interested in Barca only Palace.

Some would say that's bordering on child cruelty

Actually though I told her she has to go to SP once and if she didn't like it I'd never take make her go again, she's been 5 times now and still hasn't seen us win!
Old 06-02-2019, 01:34 PM

Wicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWicket The Cat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Something that always sticks with me is once when round a friends house another mate and his wife were there with their kid.

At one point the mum had to go outside to take a phone call and their kid kicked off (wanting his mummy)

The dad took the son outside and told him to calm down and handled all out of our ear shot.

It wasn’t just his awareness of us being there that I respected him for but when your kids kick off you can get very frustrated and often embarrassed in groups of people. So by taking his boy to one side none of us noticed and he could deal with it calmly.

I was out for a meal with my parents and four year old son one time, my son was kicking off big time at the start of the meal, so I calmly took him out of the restaurant and we had a calm man to man chat about the behaviour that was expected. Rest of the meal passed smoothly and my old man pulled me to one side afterwards and told me that was exactly how he used to deal with me at that age. Parental influence.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:50 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great parenting varies from culture to culture, but the differences won’t be too big.
A friend of mine at work, who is Turkish told me a good story…
The uncle (of my work colleagues wife) has 2 teenage sons, one of which is an angel, and the other the opposite. Always in some sort of bother and very disrespectful to his parents.
He was giving the dad some lip and the dad gave the son a slap – nothing too hard but a slap across the face. Anyway the son phoned the police and they arrived and told the dad off, big time. He was furious, but didn’t react at the time.
A few months later they went back home to Turkey on holiday and the dad gave the son several slaps this time, after which he said to him “Call the police now”. The son didn’t bother – he knew it was pointless. But apparently he is now a well behaved kid.

It wouldn’t have been my tactic I must add.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:46 PM

remmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineremmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineremmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineremmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineremmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineremmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineremmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineremmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineremmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineremmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineremmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Why?
Because a rounded education does not stop at the school gates.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:54 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post

Maybe he was water-boarding the child in the garden, and didn't want witnesses
Seriously, sounds like a well-rounded parent
Old 06-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I caught my son when he was ten sticking the V’s up at Charlton last time we played them in the Championship. I couldn’t really tell him off as Spindle was next to him doing the same thing😊
I had my youngest son on my shoulders for the semi-final at Villa Park. Early in the second half something kept flicking in my upper sight line. Turned out it was my seven year old giving the full coffee beans to the Liverpool fans to our right.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:39 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
I had my youngest son on my shoulders for the semi-final at Villa Park. Early in the second half something kept flicking in my upper sight line. Turned out it was my seven year old giving the full coffee beans to the Liverpool fans to our right.
What a day that was. I was on the same terrace but down the front. PEmbos run and goal was probably the most ecstatic i have been at a football match.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:53 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Mine are all still alive so I guess I am doing something right.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:53 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When your daughter is sick into the jacket pocket of a diner on the table next to yours in a Whacky Warehouse type pub it is best to pay the food bill and leave before he notices. Narrow escape that one.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:58 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Saw this the other week, nice story
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
This kind of thing.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-02-2019, 05:22 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
“Children are not a distraction from more important work – they are the MOST IMPORTANT work.” – C. S. Lewis

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 08-02-2019, 05:48 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I caught my son when he was ten sticking the V’s up at Charlton last time we played them in the Championship. I couldn’t really tell him off as Spindle was next to him doing the same thing😊
I taught him everything I know about football
Old 08-02-2019, 05:51 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
What a day that was. I was on the same terrace but down the front. PEmbos run and goal was probably the most ecstatic i have been at a football match.
Yeah but you pussied it down the front. I found a safe space half way up next to the fence so I could feel the full force of their coins.

Dipper *****
Old 08-02-2019, 06:22 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
Mine are all still alive so I guess I am doing something right.
Not doing the cooking......
Old 08-02-2019, 10:00 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
Great parenting varies from culture to culture, but the differences won’t be too big.

A friend of mine at work, who is Turkish told me a good story…

The uncle (of my work colleagues wife) has 2 teenage sons, one of which is an angel, and the other the opposite. Always in some sort of bother and very disrespectful to his parents.

He was giving the dad some lip and the dad gave the son a slap – nothing too hard but a slap across the face. Anyway the son phoned the police and they arrived and told the dad off, big time. He was furious, but didn’t react at the time.

A few months later they went back home to Turkey on holiday and the dad gave the son several slaps this time, after which he said to him “Call the police now”. The son didn’t bother – he knew it was pointless. But apparently he is now a well behaved kid.

It wouldn’t have been my tactic I must add.

A friend of my wife’s has a 17yr old daughter. She started going off the rails, staying out late... not going college, answering back, smoking. The dad brought a suitcase... left it empty in the living room. When she got home... he said “you have 15 mins to put all your possessions in there. You’re moving out, Your aunt is going to put you up for a few days, while the council find you a bedsit” The daughter being headstrong... said fine... she packed her bag... went to her aunts. Her aunt put her on a sofa-bed, refused to cook for her.... made her do own washing... and told her she had 48 hours to find somewhere or she’s sleeping in a shop doorway.
After 1 day... she phoned to come home... dad said no. On her last day, she was pleading with her dad... he still said no. The aunt then said she’d found her a bed in a hostel...she put the sobbing teenager in the car... drove her to the hostel... where her dad was waiting... he put her in his car and drove her home.

It’s not what I would do, but he hasn’t had any problems with her since.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
A friend of my wife’s has a 17yr old daughter. She started going off the rails, staying out late... not going college, answering back, smoking. The dad brought a suitcase... left it empty in the living room. When she got home... he said “you have 15 mins to put all your possessions in there. You’re moving out, Your aunt is going to put you up for a few days, while the council find you a bedsit” The daughter being headstrong... said fine... she packed her bag... went to her aunts. Her aunt put her on a sofa-bed, refused to cook for her.... made her do own washing... and told her she had 48 hours to find somewhere or she’s sleeping in a shop doorway.
After 1 day... she phoned to come home... dad said no. On her last day, she was pleading with her dad... he still said no. The aunt then said she’d found her a bed in a hostel...she put the sobbing teenager in the car... drove her to the hostel... where her dad was waiting... he put her in his car and drove her home.

High risk tactic that
Old 08-02-2019, 10:41 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post

If you’ve got the balls to do it then it’s a good move. I’m assuming the hostel bed story was a lie?

I suppose he had the safety net that she was with the aunt so safe prior to that so wasn’t as if he kicked her on the streets and into God knows what. Potentially a life of theft and drugs.